Search results

1. welsh frtdi

leon fr tdi 150

some suffered wearing cam issues but does nt affect everybody..ive heard of engines doing 160000 before they go, but some have had them go at 50000,,check service history and if theyve been using correct oil grade...
  2. welsh frtdi

Diesel Leon - What to look for?

what age leon ?mk1 or mk 2
  3. welsh frtdi

poll for leon colour - what you got

platinum grey is surely the most popular
  4. welsh frtdi

Disc Sizes!

312mmby 25mm wide ,232mm
  5. welsh frtdi

What is this? help and advice needed!

intercooler pipe.have been known to break !not expensive to fix
  6. welsh frtdi

Stereo in safe mode...

try phoneing dealer and there is a code on back of stereo like a product number they may be able to trace a code for it
  7. welsh frtdi

Should i be worried about a high mileage leon pd150? What would put you off?

engines are strong.weak faults can be cam loeb wear,sticky tappets but generally solid and sound mechanically.seen pd engines run 200000 with only general maintenence ie cambelts oil changes etc..good quality engines...would research on oil changes as much as possible and cambelt needs changing...
  8. welsh frtdi

Fitting replacement sidelights/dipped beams

remove battery cover 2 clips one either side,take off lamp cover by popping off 2 clips eiyther side,h7 dip bulb ,pop off the clip thats easy. use a pair of 45 degree long nose plyers to remove side light,bit tricky the side light but patients will help you succeed:)
  9. welsh frtdi

150 tdi clutch info

mine,s slipping ordered clutch from tps great service good pricee dnt bother with single mass ... tps have stores across uk.. give them a bell clutch plate and cover was arouns 200 dual mass flywheel was 299.. cheap conpared t stealer.good luck
  10. welsh frtdi

Do you have to use heat resistant paint on brakes?

if you drive hard hammerite is shiiiite...get high gloss temp resistant from halfrauds or upol...
  11. welsh frtdi

wiper conversion brake conversion

got mrs de bagdeing fr s boot but does anyone know of the part numbers to fit fabia rear wiper to leon ,also has anyone got pd150 with full cross drilled conversion on brakes your views on the upgrades on the brakes would be cool .got my hands on a full set of drilled discs (looks the dogs...
  12. welsh frtdi

cam belt change??

intervals intervals for leon pd150 timing belt is 4 years or 80000 whichever falls first i would be tempted to change the belt at 60000 myself .change water pump and auxilary belt to,main dealer price is 370 for pump belts and labour.hope this helps
  13. welsh frtdi

LCR/LC Facelift - Front bumper height differences

ok no problem ye the scraping is a right pain in yhe asss
  14. welsh frtdi

LCR/LC Facelift - Front bumper height differences

lc tdi has cupra kit 17 cupra wheels. leon fr+ is same as lc tdi but is jus badged differently (seat thing.afaik trim is same bumpers different on fr,chrome mirrors too on fr+ and lc tdi.but all are esentially as good as each other.i choose fr+ as i was told a lc tdi is fr+ anyway.there all...
  15. welsh frtdi

Loss of Throttle, please help me

a throttle body is a long shot answer but most potesiometers are fed and directed through ecu and engine id module..have them backing up that with knowledge and fault codes would help...i would be equally as wary as to shelling out 350 if it does not fix it
  16. welsh frtdi

blue lights

cheers mate seems like a bit of a fuss mate ill live with the red ones .i do most of my own work i got a patient head and steady hand but not that steady thanks for the link though .ta
  17. welsh frtdi

blue lights

no change possible then !! gutted
  18. welsh frtdi

Cupra/FR bumpers on an Cupra R

afaik ,they will fit as chassis wings and cooling parts ie, rad fans etc are same in facelift and pre facelift models
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise