Search results

1. Cam chain solenoid, loom problem

You can leave it un plugged it'll function as a non vvt
  2. Mk3 cupra 2001. No mpg readout???

I had the same thing . Turned out to be the radio its self not the facia, had been swapped for a unit from lesser model . just sapped the radio for a cupra one and all was good
  3. Life expectancy?

Mines just reached 150500 still going strong .although I've replaced gearbox and turbo mainly down poor serving by previous owners . Also replaced chain tensioner gasket and cam shaft seals. Wouldn't sell it for the world great car so much fun !!
  4. Show off your engine bay !!!

heres mine
  5. BFI Engine Mounts

i rate them too , get a little vibration when there cold but nothing major . i ordered mine from canada as i got no response from bfi in the states , soon after that they became available in the uk !
  6. 3 beeps and warning light

I've had this twice ,cause for me was left front abs sensor . My front right is also dead so could possibly be down to having two dead sensors . left may be linked to gearbox sensor taking an average of the two for the Speedo ,just a guess though .i'd start with the left sensor . Hope that...
  7. MPG Display

My mpg display never worked until I did a bit of research and found out my radio was actually replaced with one from a lesser model so I replaced it with one i knew was from a cupra and hey presto it works .
  8. battery charging problem

I had a similar fault went down the root of a duff alternator . Turned out to be a poor connection where the alternator feeds the battery which is located in engine bay fuse box.Hope that helps David
  9. Starting issues

your battery won't charge enough in 10 minutes nor will your engine warm up . remove battery charge it on a slow charge , check voltage and resistance at alternator to battery feed fuse and signs of bad connection
  10. Starting issues

i did....... no answer found , you state you started it each day whilst working on it but not why ?
  11. Starting issues

why would you start it just for ten minutes .
  12. Rebuilt but tapping?....

if it was the tappets struggling to hold pressure , id imagine it'd be worse on startup after they'd had time to leak down . also could be the timing chain tensioner
  13. dump valve or resirculating valve?

forge 007p recirculating valve . sound good to when used with a cone filter too
  14. MK3 Turbo timer suggestions

if its not the plug , then try dismantleing the pump at the motor end ,cleaning it out and reseating the brushes . worked for me and my pumps just reached 140k getting close to needing new brushed though
  15. Does anyone know what is easiest way to remove the sound deadening?

i used a heat gun and a scraper, think it was a wall paper scraper not sure , works a treat though !!!!
  16. dump valve or resirculating valve?

have a read http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49122&highlight=wooshy
  17. charging fault. help please !!!!

sorted battery feed was poorly contacting to fuse . Modified fuse holder to suit worked a treat guess it was sort of my fault . Bit confused though as I relocated the battery months ago guess the connection just had enough . Thanks again for your help was starting to loose the will to live...
  18. charging fault. help please !!!!

sounds possible .think the ibiza is wired slightly different ,will looked into it. Thanks for your help
  19. charging fault. help please !!!!

that's my next try going dismantle and clean up but I did try swapping fuses which made a difference but didn't fix
  20. charging fault. help please !!!!

thought the same all the wiring around the batteries new as i relocated the battery so the earth is good and the positive is intact the hole length . only strange thing is when i check voltage from where the alternator connects to the fuse holder i get 14v but when i go across fuse to the...