Search results

1. Whats the Mileage on your TDI

My 54 plate Cupra FR 150 TDI has 120k on the clock, still on original clutch,turbo,and exhaust. Main dealer serviced since new, 4x new glowplugs, new passenger window regulator, 1 new battery, cambelt/waterpump and tensioners at 80k, and a sensor was replaced when the EML came on. Great car...
  2. blue smoke on start up

had a service the other week, and now the blue smoke has gone on start up. It smokes abit but it is'nt blue anymore. Oil has been changed to VW longlife, car is a lot quieter on tickover. Garage checked intercooler hoses, lower pipe has a slight weep but nothing major. Seems to go...
  3. 150fr limp mode problems

variable vains in turbo sooted up, or as above fault with EGR valve
  4. blue smoke on start up

my fr 150 has started to give out blue smoke on start up, before it was like black/grey. It does clear after a bit, last few weeks the car has been slow turning over and feels like it's chugging on tick over when first started,this clears though. If i start it,reverse off my drive and go to...
  5. pd130 oil consumption

most vw diesel engines are given a consumption acceptance level of 1 litre per 1000 miles, so your's is fine.
  6. TDi Induction

I've been thinking of replacing my standard filter on my FR150 TDI and am now totally confused as to which way to go. I read that Jonjay put an Apexi oil less filter on his leon, not sure whether to go for a cone or a panel filter in the standard airbox? I want to get that fruity diesel noise...
  7. Smoky MK 1 FR problem

How did you remove the clips that hold the pipes on? May sound stupid but i've tried and it's as stiff as hell
  8. Leon Cupra TDi 150

i have a mk1 FR 150 TDI Cupra. it has cruise which i believe was an optional upgrade, leather could be specified. I bought mine from a friend who had owned it from new as a company car, he has since bought a A3 S line and says he prefers the Leon as it comes with better extras Get a good one...
  9. 4937Liam - FR+ Cupra TDi (Lots and lots of updates 11/08/2013)

Car looks good mate. How many miles has it done? With the airbox was it a fairly straight forward thing? i want to do mine but am a bit unsure as to where to start with it. Does the turbo spooling up noise become more apparant with this mod??
  10. Pancake pipe - talk to me!

so i presume us chaps with the FR150 can also fit the pipe from a GT TDI 150? I'm a member of UKMK1V'S also as i used to have a mk4 golf 150 so if i ring SFS i to can claim a 25% discount?
  11. Pancake pipe - talk to me!

Hi, I too drive a PD 150 FR TDI and mine has 113k on the clock. Theres a lot of conflicting pro's and cons with the upgraded pancake pipes, as you say SFS make them and from what i've read they have improved on their quality. Also Allard make silicon hoses but i think their delivery time is a...
  12. Limp Mode - Cupra TDi

What miles does the car have on the clock? Have you thought about checking vacum lines for splits or holes? also check the intercooler pipes for holes and loose connections. The MAF or Air mass meter could be at fault, this wouldn't show up a fault on a Code read. My Fr 150 has 113k on the...
  13. Recon turbo 150FR Leon

Or try Essex Turbos in Witham, Essex. Have a good rep.
  14. which Vagcom& Cable (Very Confused)

I have a FR 150 TDI 2004 reg, am wanting a cable and some software but like many people i'm a complete novice at this sort of thing and from the amount of posts placed on this site it only adds to my confusion. I'm also wanting to be able to read codes etc on my Wife's B5 2001 Passat 130 tdi...
  15. MK1 Leon FR TDI, Stealth Edition [PREPPING FOR SALE]

Loving the car, looks great. I've got a FR 150 myself and am looking to do a few subtle mods. Can you tell me where you got the Fabia rear blade and front Bosch ones from? Also does the K+N make any difference and how much was it? Did you sell the original Sat nav that came with the car...
  16. Shaun VW Passat Wagon - Project over

Nice one mate, my wife has a Passat 130 TDI sport Estate and we paid £2400 on a Y plate with 110,000, it also has cruise,steering wheel stereo controls,heated seats, aircon in the glovebox,auto dim mirror, and the ull height display you get on some VW'S. Got probs with Limp mode at the...
  17. Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

Ok thanks for the advice on that. Think i'll go with what your suggesting with the SFS pipework and just do a bit of it at a time. The EGR is just an idea at the moment, if it looks real gunked up then maybe i 'll get it taken off and cleaned along with the inlet manifold. The clips that hold...
  18. Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

I'm stuck too....:confused: This is what i want to know as my FR 150 TDI has 113,000 on the clock and i want to replace all the boost pipes, pancake pipes etc etc. Would also like to fit a EGR delete. Can any of you chaps give us a list of what is needed to make up a full kit of...
  19. Blown Turbo FR150

With 56K on the clocks i doubt it's the turbo yet unless you're really unlucky. Most diesels will have oil reisdue in the intercooler pipes etc as the EGR causes that black sludgy mess and it gets deposited everywhere. Smoke under acclereation in normal if you don't really boot it alot then you...