Search results

1. Starbucks78

Leon MK3 1.8TSI SC FR PROJECT

Hi, did you remove the entire rear bumper, or just the unpainted insert section? Just wondering which is easiest.
  2. Starbucks78

VED/ showroom tax

I have owned my 1.4 fr for a year now and can confirm that having just re taxed, it was at the grand sum of £30.
  3. Starbucks78

Out of interest, did you spay the rear yourself? Looking closely at the back, the rear unpainted section looks to be removable, but at the same time the gap around it allows for masking up. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  4. Starbucks78

Am I right in thinking that you've sprayed the plastic on the rear bumper gloss black? I am considering this along with a diffuser. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  5. Starbucks78

SEAT Cupra 280 SC Side Skirts

They do look good agreed, but it's the price. Will probably end up with some Rieger skirts and maybe there front lip at some point. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  6. Starbucks78

That seems quite expensive for a pair of skirts! Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  7. Starbucks78

Out of interest, how much are the side skirts? Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  8. Starbucks78

Leon FR seats

Last year I did a 5 hour drive to Cornwall, and hand on heart not one part of me ached. In all other cars I have driven over the years something usually starts aching after a while. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  9. Starbucks78

Pics of 2014 FR TDI with SEAT body kit!!!

I'm not really keen on that front bumper if being honest, think seat could have done a little better. Just my opinion.
  10. Starbucks78

DAB Radio channel icons

That's exactly what I did, took them from Google at a pixel size of about 300 x 300. I'm still confused as to why I get a station logo that is too small, sitting in a white icon box, which sits on the overall black screen background :think:
  11. Starbucks78

DAB Radio channel icons

Thanks I'll give those a try. Do you know if they will properly fill the station icon box, or do they also leave a bit of a white border / background?
  12. Starbucks78

DAB Radio channel icons

Hi all, Do the icons/ jpeg logos have to be of a certain pixel size? I ask as the logos I have used (for example a logo with a dark square background colour) all have a white background border when appearing on the presents view. It just looks a bit naff as the logo doesn't fill the box...
  13. Starbucks78

Why the mk3 does not have hidden rear door handles

I originally didn't like the fact my mark 3 had rear handles, but now I'm thankful as I can only imagine the damage to the side of the car my 6 year old would cause trying to reach, get leverage and pull the higher hidden handles.
  14. Starbucks78

Real World MPG - post your figures

1.4 Fr, I get 42 mpg on a 3 mile commute to work, normal journeys between 45-52, but have achieved 55 without really trying which blew me away. Very good engine but it will all come down to how you drive.
  15. Starbucks78

Any one thought about a bit of a vinyl mod?

Hi Andy, If you've carbon wrapped a few things and used a hairdryer then you are already there. I did mine a while ago now and used a hairdryer to ensure the edges stick tight, and to mould tight to the parking sensors. The supercast vinyl I used is very soft and meant for wrapping vehicles...
  16. Starbucks78

QUOTE=kugaman1;4263453]Thanks - were do I go for the high quality vinyl? Im all systems go to do the bits as on the pic in the above post, although I think I would go more black than silvery grey. Any advice tips or help appreciated! Andy This is what I chose and also opted for...
  17. Starbucks78

Yes I used vinyl and went behind the plate. I used to be a sign writer so it was fairly straight forward for me, and as I know a bit about vinyl I used a high quality cast vinyl. I opted for this due to the parking sensors and I'm glad to say they work perfectly. I may do below the grill in...
  18. Starbucks78

Yep, already did this mod in my first week of ownership. There is a pic of my car in one of the earlier threads 'first impressions....' I think.
  19. Starbucks78

1.8 vs 1.4 (TSI in FR spec)

On a 3 mile commute to work through villages with a bit of stop start I usually get around 42, longer 20 min journeys usually between 48 and 52. Not sure what was so special about this mornings journey but on the return achieved 55.6. However all is quite dependant on your style of driving, if...
  20. Starbucks78

1.8 vs 1.4 (TSI in FR spec)

Today on a 15 mile trip from the villages to the centre of Cambridge my 1.4 fr achieved 59.2 mpg. I was in eco mode but truly stunned at what the car had achieved without even trying. May help in your decision making.........