Search results

1. Hill hold option

Our second 1.6 Sport had it as I added ESP. In the same spot waiting at lights on a hill one day it worked and another not so I could not trust it in the end!
  2. 2.0 TDI engine sound

" i want to know what octane i must use" Just the standard stuff - ours in a manual so the only gear problem is down to me sometimes - needs a push into first often.
  3. Noisey Climate Control

I have seen similar reports on here and ours does just as you say. My conclusion has been its a hot day so shut the windows. It's not right but the stealer is so slow to fix anything I have given up on it.
  4. Stiff Ignition Barrel

Ours is a problem still and a right pain in the neck I must say. Did not think it was down to the hot weather but now you say that sounds right as the problem has been more noticeable in the two weeks of summer we have had.
  5. 2.0 TDI engine sound

Purrfect -I have had tdi's for years and thats good to go. No problem at all, just close the lid and get on the wide open roads.
  6. Just ordered new fr - any advice??

It's Sod's law that something will happen if it's your first ever brand new car. My first ever new one was a VW Golf in orange ! Some idiot threw a coke can out of his lorry and it hit the bonnet right on the front edge making a big crease - GB sticker covered it for four years and was still...
  7. air con service

I have a 12 year old Audi and the air con is in need of some attention but ok for our feeble UK temps. :)
  8. What to look for when buying

We have a 1.6 petrol now done 25K. Best I can get out of it is around 40 mpg on the onboard computer read out. In winter that goes down some. :(
  9. Electrical Problem

This is the bit that concerns me most "Plus my power steering comes and goes". I would only want to drive it to the dealers if it was a short distance. A few years ago I had an Audi A3 that had a safety issue and it was collected by trailer from my works car park.
  10. Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sport (petrol)

I find it to be very poor and that's with a light right foot as well. 42 mpg is the max I get, but in the cold weather it drops like a stone. Looking for a replacement for this very reason.
  11. Used 1.6 Sport, anything to look for?

As our car is going back to the dealers next week I just wanted to check this out. Ours is a Petrol - Ibiza 1.6 16V 105 Sport 5-Door new on 01.04.2010 . Yes there is noise from the gearbox - not when in neutral, but when running in all gears. I just put this down to the normal noise along...
  12. 2nd Service Time - change the brake fluid ?

Update: car was booked in for a 2pm for its 20K service, sit and wait appointment. Advised it would be around 1 hour 15 min for the service. Where it all went wrong was the testing for the fault with the horn. I left just after 5pm - and the result: it needs a new horn..... parts on order.
  13. 2nd Service Time - change the brake fluid ?

Job booked last week at same time as the service. So lets see how they do. I must say this is the only fault ever so not bad going.
  14. 2nd Service Time - change the brake fluid ?

Anyone want to take bets on the failed horn being fixed whilst it's in for service today ?
  15. Delivery stickers inside screen

After 2 years ( nearly ) its clear as day every time it mists up and that's very often!
  16. Weedy horn

Ours stopped working last week so job added to this weeks service. My bet is they don't get it done on the day.
  17. 2nd Service Time - change the brake fluid ?

Thanks for the info.
  18. 2nd Service Time - change the brake fluid ?

We have just got up to 20,000 miles and booked in the second service a little ahead of it's second birthday - but when do they change the brake fluid ?
  19. Used 1.6 Sport, anything to look for?

RE: "noisy AC compressor" yes good idea to sit there turning it off and on -at times ours sounds like a plane is just passing by! J400uk - did you have yours fixed ?
  20. Available modifications for 1.6 sport

We have had two of them !