Search results

1. NeilC

BTCC Live - Donington Park on ITV4 from 12.30pm Today

Is that a new lap record then? I thought for the BTCC it was 1:12.889 by Vauxhall set in 2005? /geek For what it's worth I think the new owners are certainly investing in the track. In the last month they have re-done the pitlane wall to the start finish straight adding a concrete upstand...
  2. NeilC

exhaust issues

iirc hole in bumper for exhaust on cupra r's is in different place hence the bend in the pipe after the backbox.
  3. NeilC

help fitting arb

Think about disconnecting the abs sensor wire. Mine was fine when changing susp. / arbs seperately but when i removed them both in one go one of them popped off and had to be re-wired. Maybe it drops further with nowt attached, who knows.
  4. NeilC

LCR Scuttle Panel

Tried taking the passenger side off first? The bit over the pollen filter that goes over under and over the bigger bit to the left may still have some screws in. I think the bit over the pollen filter needs to be removed first, although it looks like it shouldnt be and requires some wiggling...
  5. NeilC

steamy toledo

pollen filter cover not installed correctly? (passenger side under the scuttle panel). Start with the cheapest to fix :)
  6. NeilC

Where To Get Compomotive Alloys From?

Reyland are normally cheapest for these.
  7. NeilC

It never rains....

I've still got some barely used (like 2 weeks worth!) grooved brembos in me garage you can have for not a lot. Say £175? I've still got some upper hoses that were never picked up to :hints at liam: that'd match your tip nicely ;)
  8. NeilC

Down Pipe Question

Nothing, it came with the car and was replaced with aftermarket before the first service and has been in the garage since. I'm sure a few peeps have one lying around in there garage if you want a second hand one you might find one locally fairly easy.
  9. NeilC

Down Pipe Question

So have I :p Expect maybe 2-3 hours labour tho as some of the bolts on the manifold are a pain to get to as you need mr tickle arms combined with stubby spanners, and a lot of time tying to wiggle the blasted thing out (i lowered the front subframe to make more room, but i seemed to do that...
  10. NeilC

Hybrid K04 Turbo Discussion

Once you've started the log i think you can press space or return to add a marker which is easier to find when driving as you can normally get away with mashing at the keyboard a bit more (well it was easier on my laptop anyway!). Maybe Uwe could add a mashed/anykey marker toggle box to the next...
  11. NeilC

Autogauge oil temp, 6 wires??

I did because pete said to on step 3 here: http://www.icecavern.com/howtos/leonlowerdashtrim/main.php
  12. NeilC

LCR Suspension

From what i can recall the only difference between coilovers for an R and not is the inclusion of a plate on the damper to fix the arb too. A couple of manufacturers (kw is one, cant remember the other) include this on their kits for both R and T. A few of the peeps over on the mkiv forum fit kw...
  13. NeilC

bit cheecky but who could help me fit a boost gauge

If you drive round mine tom i'll do it (or at least stand there telling you what to do).
  14. NeilC

cupra 180 brakes

If it has one (LH side only i think) just cable tie it out the way. They're floppin useless anyway, i had the discs on my old R 100% over the wear indicator and it never went off.
  15. NeilC

OK convince me....

I'd say no. Chassis dynamics have moved on and the mkiv chassis was a bit off the pace at the start. Saying that for 13k you cant beat a remapped R + some coilovers for a fun fast car. You just have to accept that it's a family hatch and a bit understeery (better with an lsd tho). It's appeal...
  16. NeilC

Trading in Advice

Dont see whats so bad about tdi's really. Remapped leon fr tdi cant be too much off std R pace day to day and you cant do much else (save change the clutch :p ) so avoids further temptation to mod. If you want economical + petrol your gonna have to make sacrifices to lighten weight and think...
  17. NeilC

Trading in Advice

mbike? To be fair you havent really said what your requirements are or even what you are unhappy about with the leon. I think i'd find the s3 a bit safe and dull to drive and would prefer to stripout and cage a type R but everyones different.
  18. NeilC

For anyone thinking of fitting a boost gauge...

Yep, do a search for autogauge boost gauge wiring or similar the correct wiring sequence is on here somewhere. I know cos i remember typing it myself a couple of times. I also did a how to route your pipe so it didn't melt post too. Or you could just use insulation tape apparently.
  19. NeilC

Goodbye (Cruel World!)

Totally. Hopefully i'll feel different after i've taken the new one for a drive. The brakes are a bit naff compared to the R so i'll have to do something about that. I seem to have a thing for black/red combos on cars, last 4 i think.
  20. NeilC

Goodbye (Cruel World!)

Mines going in the next hour or so. I keep on going out and looking at it :cry: It's been the best car i've ever owned :(
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise