Search results

1. myneek

Need more reception from stubby aerial

Like this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-VAG-Aerial-Booster-Amplified-Antenna-Lead-VW-Cars-/370383620722?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563c958a72#ht_500wt_928
  2. myneek

Need more reception from stubby aerial

Hi, I've got the standard alana (?) head unit and changed the standard aerial to a stubby one, reception on the radio is much worse. Is there any methods, addons etc to improve reception? Some for of booster? Suppliers etc would be great.
  3. myneek

Fuse Box Card - Pic Request

you know what? I just blew my cig lighter socket fuse. And the pic here will be perfect to find the correct unit.
  4. myneek

How to check if a remap makes a difference?

It's like having a new car again. Totally different feel than before, a lot more thought required when driving it.
  5. myneek

Ok. So ECU was remapped and I took the car for it's first spin yesterday. Everyone was right. I did notice a difference, especially with my brain being pushed back in to the headrest then the windscreen. Well worth the money IMO.
  6. myneek

Cheers all, Take your warning on the cheap remap etc. However I've researched the company and what stuff they use as well as independently contacting people who have used them. They can do the "come to me" service and the dyno at their location etc etc. So it's not a kid in a bedroom...
  7. myneek

Ok, so I'm going for a generic remap on my 1.8T Cupra 180. I'm going cheap so not having a rolling road before and after etc. I won't drive the car for 3 days for various reasons so will not get the before and after feel. What I'm thinking is how will I know there is a difference...
  8. myneek

cupra decal

I got some small 3 inch wide ones inside the back windows, look much better.
  9. myneek

Tracking in super quick time!

I just paid £25 in vat in Winchester. It was an arse to do because of the Cupra alloys stick out, TBH it has to go back as the steering wheel is still not central.
  10. myneek

aeriel

It is an anti theft device. Unscrew it fully. Then just hold the mount with one hand and pull HARD with the other hand on the aeriel. It may seem like your going to break something but it will come out
  11. myneek

Air Filters

I went for pipercross
  12. myneek

Cupra Petrol MPG?? And be Honest

30-32 on a good day on my 1.8t cupra
  13. myneek

What brand of Brake discs & pads is popular/good value?

Eurocarparts.co.uk - they do pagid
  14. myneek

TBH, unless you plan on a remap giving you 240+ bph, I'd go for what you can afford. If there was greens stuff for my cupra I'd had bought it, but they only sold red or yellow for mine. So red it was (plus the colour matched my car!)
  15. myneek

I've got EBC red and they are totally fine from cold. The "bad press" is because they had crappy stuff a few years ago, but have totally changed their compound etc. Green are for less that 200bph, Red are for 200bph+, both are for "fast road" use Yellow are for "track" use and to be honest...
  16. myneek

If the car has standard kit (not upgraded disks etc) then I would think we are looking at Lucus Calipers? I'm getting the car is a Ibiza/1.9 TD FR (Original Car = 130 BHP)/2004- If so these are the EBC ones...
  17. myneek

In the link you provided with 3 listed http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=ferodods2500frontpads;car=auditt;manufacturer=ferodo;sub_category=1 they are ALL the same pads, same part number, unless I'm missing something
  18. myneek

1.8t FR remap (petrol)

You know someone who has used them? They sell the same kit at celtic tuning, same files etc.
  19. myneek

1.8t FR remap (petrol)

PS. I was questioning the postal remap and contacted people who have used the service and they've had no issues. they do onsite rolling road as well as come to you service as well. this was just another service. One guy had it done about 6 months ago and has had no issues. It depend how "safe"...
  20. myneek

1.8t FR remap (petrol)

I'm compairing the MPG to my cupra which at best does 32mpg. Obviously the FR may well be more economical. The clio was getting around 40mpg easily
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise