Search results

1. SimonFRTDI

tire pressure monitoring system problems

As people have said, it is just doing some maths and comparing the set circumference against the currently read one. It worked for me, but again I would not rely on it to let me know about exact pressures. For those who have changed wheels etc and it has come on - just hold the 'set' button...
  2. SimonFRTDI

Snow foam

Autobrite Magifoam is good, sticks to the car longer than the regular Super Snow Foam I have and lifts more dirt. Only a little more expensive, but if you sign up to Detailing World you can get a member discount.
  3. SimonFRTDI

economy?

You can, and will still use less than doing so in a petrol as has been said (though you won't be going quite as fast). To those who Talk of using most of a tank on a week's worth of driving, the answer is to stop driving like a twunt!
  4. SimonFRTDI

Stonechips :(

Just to offer an opinion on using the chipex kit, I bought one using the discount and am very pleased with the results. Equally as important and pleasing though was just how easy it is to use, the only mistkaes made were because I didn't follow the instructions properly (so my fault only)...
  5. SimonFRTDI

Cheap Karcher machines

Went for a PW from these guys in the end. Not the one above, spent a bit more and got one with wheels! Works fine so far!
  6. SimonFRTDI

my mk2 leon cupra

Would those rim guard things cover it? They come in black.
  7. SimonFRTDI

how to detail your mk2

Cool. It makes sense now. I already make sure the tyres are clean etc it was just that as you had not mentioned applying it it would have looked very good to have been through driving and a wash and still look like that. Obviously as you reapplied it I was barking up the wrong tree. Still...
  8. SimonFRTDI

ChipEx Group Buy Discount

1. Bully 2. m0rk 3. rf860 4. MarkWales 5. SimonFRTDI
  9. SimonFRTDI

Dpf Doing my head in

Between £600 and £1100 i think (not had it done it myself). A car your age should not be affected by MOT rules.
  10. SimonFRTDI

True MPG.

Replica isn't K1 though is it? I think when you say K1 in a post, people will assume this is what you are talking about rather than a derv with a bodykit!
  11. SimonFRTDI

True MPG.

FL = facelift. From (I think) 09 onwards, uses new common-rail 2.0. Re the DPF, I am not sure but I think the suggestion is that it will affect 58 reg cars onwards?
  12. SimonFRTDI

V Power Diesel??

For all those wanting to try V-Power, shell have 5p off tomorrow (12/11/2010). Just turn up and fill up! Makes it about the same price as their regular fuel so probably worth a go.
  13. SimonFRTDI

Second Service Price?

£140ish for me, so the lower, 'discounted' price sounds ok.
  14. SimonFRTDI

Aircon blowing hot and cold...at the same time?!

Dual-Zone?;) (sorry not helpful, but could not resist!)
  15. SimonFRTDI

Rattle at around 1.5k rpm

Exactly the same for me, this and the pipe itself was loose. The clips were broken so it was replaced under warranty. And it does sound like the engine because the noise depends on the vibration caused at different revs.
  16. SimonFRTDI

exhaust pipe

If it is really bad use some wire wool with the polish as well. But as said above once you have done this once normal shampoo or wheel cleaner at most will stop the build up.
  17. SimonFRTDI

Dpf Doing my head in

Sounds like it is working exactly as intended then. I have so far been fortunate that this is how it has gone for me - I can rarely tell if a regen is taking place.
  18. SimonFRTDI

True MPG.

Chill, he is only messing with you. Besides the Cupra R would be a speck in the distance with both as standard, torque or not!
  19. SimonFRTDI

True MPG.

Haha, I wondered why it took so long for a petrolhead to say something given all the Tdi posts in here recently. I did feel like pointing out there is a tdi section! I like you would have the petrol as I commute on the train now, but the OH still clocks up decent mileage so it saves us a bit...
  20. SimonFRTDI

Cheap Karcher machines

Having looked at the website, I think it does have a warranty.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.