Search results

1. My First Leak(s), Tested - Under Inlet Mani Hoses (LCR)

Hi and sorry to drag up from the dead but all the shite under my inlet mani is leaking,I cant get the plastic dipstick cover thing off as screws are shagged and rounded,I filled up the recesses they sit in full of wd40 to no avail,short of smashing the plastic cover off with a hammer then trying...
  2. LCR smoke test - confused. Please advise.

Thanks man,I had garage do all the gaskets then took back cos still leaking and I have discovered it is indeed 058198217 white half moon leaking loads still,I could murder someone at that garage I tell you,stupid fool who did it screwed valve cover on with my boost gauge hose stuck inside it,I...
  3. Cam cover gasket

HiiI changed rocker gasket and half moon near the rear of engine but now there is a little half moon under the vvt sensor that is blowing air and oil,do you know the part number or can you offer advice?thanks
  4. LCR smoke test - confused. Please advise.

QUOTE=ibizacupra;3937152]1/2 moon gasket under it is what leaks.. rocker cover gasket + silicon bead to seal it. Hi,I changed rocker cover gasket and the half moon shaped one with metal bit near back of engine,I have a leak now from what looks like a smaller half moon shaped gasket under the...
  5. Seat leon cupra R misting up all windows problem

Either one or all your doors will be leaking,take door covers off and look at the seall around the aluminium door card,I bet they are rotten and dripping water down into your footwell,put lots of butyl sealant in the foam seals place,do it properly and it will never happen again,and this will...
  6. Code 16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Advance Setpoint not Reached (Over-Retarded

is easy though just take charge pipe off and all pipes attatched to it obviously then take cam belt cover off and you will see it,I had to hold cover to the side though as it was catching on the cambelt cogs/gears and I did not want to pull to hard and have snapped plastic in the cambelt...
  7. Code 16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Advance Setpoint not Reached (Over-Retarded

heres a link for you 8bit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-AUDI-CAMSHAFT-SENSOR-058905161B-232101024-/270354917224?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ef268a768 check it matches the pic when it arrives though as i had my engine apart to find out he sent me one for an audi a8 lol
  8. Code 16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Advance Setpoint not Reached (Over-Retarded

No mate codes never came back,all 3 codes,easy fix and only 18 buck for a generic sensor from ebay
  9. Code 16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Advance Setpoint not Reached (Over-Retarded

Hey 8bit,thanks for your help,I solved it with an £18 camshaft sensor I fit myself,cheers.
  10. Code 16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Advance Setpoint not Reached (Over-Retarded

Camshaft position sensor Sorry to drag up but I have been getting code 16395,3 times in 2 days now,is that picture of the vvt sensor the same thing as a camshaft sensor?if not can someone explain to me where the camshaft sensor and plug is please?also is camshaft sensor replacement a diy job...
  11. SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

I had the proper mobil 1 red grease forge sent me on mine and it was doing it,i put super high temp industrial silicone grease on it now and it still does it,like yours tho when cold,its prob a combiation of a slightly too stiff spring and cold thick grease until its all warm and its allowed to...
  12. SAMS BLACK LCR GT2871 build. THE END :( !!!

Mine does that mate,I think my spring is too stiff to be honest,its a yellow forge 007p,same as yours?Is it the dump valve fluttering or the turbo stopping and maybe spinning backwards a little?cos if its the latter thats not good im sure.:doh:
  13. 1.8 Cupra - stuttering at low revs?

sorry to ressurect your thread after years lol,but I have the same problem as you had,what 4 pin connector wire was replaced and what is the DBW?Cheers buddy.
  14. how to turn the service light off?

Your a mechanic I take it?did he or she agree to have their legal property changed/altered regarding brakes?if not like he stated then the garage have a legal responibility to get their heads in the skip and find his girls old parts an put back on gratis,failing that the parts fitted new are his...
  15. how to turn the service light off?

sorry to drag up old stuff mate but for your future info,legally if any garage fits parts without your consent you can legally drive out without paying them as you did not ask for it
  16. Cupra R Fluttering?

hi,you say new maf did make a difference but did not cure?are you double sure you had the right part number maf?what spring is in your dump valve?see i have the same problem,i have a yellow spring which deff makes gear changes when driving slow more jerky compared to a green springg in a 007p...
  17. Is my heat wrap in the right place

LOL dont panic its fine,the metal pipe is just below the one you have it buttoned to in the pic,unbutton it and pull it back fo a look
  18. LCR heat wrap...

same ere,mines never had one and its ok
  19. Is my heat wrap in the right place

thats where mine is mate,although the button strap is around a metal pipe below where yours is,I dont have a heat wrap around my turbo outlet pipe at the back there though
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.