Search results

1. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Cant find my receipt from Awesome GTI for how they charged me a grand. but off the top of my head 10 hrs labour another new set of spark plugs engine injector flush and a few other small things but ye 960. Cars been a bitch recently and im sure the turbo is gettin flutter dont get me wrong i...
  2. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Update - ive had the car back now a few weeks and its still the same as when it went just my wallets 1000 lighter. Apparently they swapped out and tested every sensor, changed loads of other items including fuel pumps etc and still no luck. So bottom line dont buy a seat there ****! so...
  3. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Update 6 weeks now, still not got car back but ha a god chat with Jim yesterday about what he's all ready tried and whats next. So here goes they've swapped out pretty much every sensor on the motor with a donor car to see if it was any of them. that hasn't solved it. He's removed the intake...
  4. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

we will see not holding my breath as they changed and checked pretty much everythin else on the motor. they said the Tarox Golf mk5 they got in with a extremely simular problem to mine had its head removed and sent away for examination came back nowt wrong with it either, banging heads and...
  5. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Spoke to garage today and it wasn't the intake manifold so now there tryin the fuel pump in the petrol tank apparently, said I'd buzz them back on fri.
  6. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

phoned Awesome again today for an update as the last i heard was on wednesday they were investigating the an air leak possibly on the inlet manifold which they thought had been removed at some stage and wanted permission to remove and investigate. anyway needs less to say dont know yet as the...
  7. a VERY VERY poorly mk2 Leon Cupra

Sorry should have updated i replaced all the coil packs and spark plugs since which ye solved the immediate problem but my car still has an erratic misfire and has been in awesome gti for nearly 5 weeks trying to identify the problem they think its an air leak somewhere and investigating further.
  8. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Thanks for that info pal not sure if it's the same problem as mine as from what I can tell yours is a diesel but something to think about. Nearly 5 weeks now with out the motor
  9. Cupra/fr engine reliability issues

Trust me if i thought i could pass the car on i would but theyd feel the problems on a test drive and to be honest i dont think i could put somebody else in my shoes.
  10. Cupra/fr engine reliability issues

All I want is a solution, it's this and it's going to cost you this! I know that's never going to happen but I can keep wishing!!!
  11. Cupra/fr engine reliability issues

Mk 2 cupra 57 plate and 38k on clock Had car 17 month, and to be honest i cant see me having it for another 17 month. first problems were leaks and splits on inter-cooler pipes luckily covered by warranty and replaced no problems by seat in Bury. Next was folding mirrors that just seized...
  12. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Yep there OEM from seat
  13. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Its had plenty of good blasts ha ha see what they say. has anyone else had these parts replaced and just so im prepared how much have they had to fork out if out of warranty like me?
  14. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Quick update - replaced all coil packs and spark plugs. however still juddering/miss firing so booked it into Awesome GTI for them to have a look at it so dropped it with them weds night, rang them thursday see how they were getting on they had it on rolling road and no problems however the...
  15. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

picked up 4 ngk Laser Platinum plugs from Europarts on the way home yesterday fitted them and the new coils. Car seemed fine to begin with, however car has since gone back to missfiring. had it on VAGCOM on way to work keeping an eye on missfires and all 4 where having problems whilst driving...
  16. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Picked up 4 new coils from Audi on way home, they seemed surprised that Seat weren't replacing for free as they'd recalled all there's. Anyway got home fitted the new ones and connected everything back all seems well but im going to order some new spark plugs just incase. Any suggestions on type...
  17. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

taken all 4 coils out 1 seemed newer than the other 3 but not taking any chances, would rather replace all 4 why im at it. Now i just gotta find a place that sells some new ones. why is it in this day and age car parts shops are all shut on Sundays!!? gaz
  18. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

thanks and now for the search to see if anywhere stocks these parts on a sunday or else waiting till tomorrow. ill let you know how i get on gaz
  19. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

i fitted a forge dv but im thinking of get a OEM updated model
  20. erratic acceleration problem - need some advice

Thanks alot I've had the juddering for nearly a year now and spent quite a few quid tryin to solve it and if this is the end of the problem I'll be well chuffed. Is it a specific part I need or can I get one from local Audi dealers out s3?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.