Search results

1. aterro

1.4 tsi 180, would you buy one? Warranty

Ive whittled it down to a few choices now. the mk5 ibiza cupra 1.4 tsi 180 being one. ( possibly a boc) Firstly, how reliable are the engines?( ive seen numerous threads on oil usage or failures or misfires) but how often is this the story? I will be buying mine on a 2010,2011 plate...
  2. aterro

Looking for a new car.

whats the difference in the engines eg pd130/pd160?bigger turbo? i only want a diesel as im wanting good mpg figures.unless the FR's get over 40mpg... insurance makes no odds to me. so a onvi mk4 pd160 would be my best bet? good engines? gearboxs ok? clutchs wear quick? common faults...
  3. aterro

Looking for a new car.

hehe 7.6 still sounds pretty slow.:( no offence i was looking for ideally a 6 second ish car. whats the fastest version of the ibiza mk4 in diesel? whats the remap figures change to in comparence to standard? cheers lads
  4. aterro

Looking for a new car.

hello lads i used to be a mk3 owner and now im moving up and looking for a dirty derv:D ideally i want something still quick but that does gd mpg id love a ovni yellow mk4 but do these still suffer from fade? what do the diesels come in standard form? eg bhp wise? 0 -60 etc? what...
  5. aterro

Forge Tip, please ignore my ignorance

Turbo Intake Pipe - this is a hose that connects to the inlet of the turbo. The forge hose is 1 piece silicon and is less restrictive than stock theres a video somewhere of the collapsing of the standard pipe under boost
  6. aterro

clutch pedal to floor then sorted?

alex got a part no? just to verify the slave cylinder is on side of block. 2 bolts in the side? cheers
  7. aterro

ok. the slave cylinder is the one on the side of the engime block? anyone got any parts number for both above?
  8. aterro

its happened previously id drive my car fine stop then come out of work get in car and my pedal would be pretty much on the floor and stay down there(about 10mm push down max) i bleed the clutch again quickly and it popped back up to normal and is fine? and was fine for about 5 months...
  9. aterro

Knocking dinging noise UPDATE

I've done that. everything seems solid. bushes seem ok condition but no pershing. so I don't know. I do think its my track rod ends?
  10. aterro

garages around my area. dont do "free of charge" lol
  11. aterro

its not a rattling. its a clear dink metal noise. which is quite loud. would track rod ends make a knocking noise?
  12. aterro

ok surely the wheel bearing would make noise on straights? do they have to be pressed in by a machine? or can be hand pressed?
  13. aterro

is there any way to check? its on like 90 degree corners its both sides. and it also makes the noise when going up and down potholes sometimes.
  14. aterro

it had mot about 2 months ago not even that. the cv joint isn't split and no grease spilling out could track rod ends make the noise? sounds like that area. but I've jackd the car up and everything felt solid. it only happens when turning. or sometimes over big bumps.
  15. aterro

nope they where on a lads car on here then i fitted to mine with same top mounts of his car. any ideas though lads?
  16. aterro

mine came already built unlike yours. mine already had top mounts on
  17. aterro

update right its got worst and any turn around a corner it goes dink dink dink dink dink then when i turn back the other side goes dink dink dink dink. so its both sides? would this be top mounts?
  18. aterro

What should I expect to see...

CTR being civic type r indeed. but how quicker? 0-60 wise? is there a big difference between the k03 and k03s par the 20bhp increase?
  19. aterro

What should I expect to see...

out of intrest with this setup how fast is this? like in comparence to other cars? for example CTR's
  20. aterro

downpipe & decat

so just 2.5 inch from turbo to backbox be ok? ill be going the decat route indeed. how much mm should the spacer be ? even with the sensor spaced out will i face any other running problems? cheers