Search results

1. Trouble with boot lock

ok, i'll note that. I think my Ibiza has some quirky combo that will unlock the mechanism...least I'm hoping so!!!
  2. Trouble with boot lock

No sounds like normal I think.... I could be wrong, it just doesn't stand out as being off? Bill
  3. Trouble with boot lock

Hi all, Firstly I apoligise if this has been covered in another thread, have had a quick browse and didn't find a sollution. I locked my car as normal but when I went to unlock the boot (double click) it's still locked. This has happend to me before and I got it sorted during a service. I...
  4. Alloy wheels

I'm not sure on the pricing but maybe £150 for a kit? I'd try to stick with the right PCD if you can! The only reason to really use adaptors is if your dream wheel isnt made in the right PCD imo
  5. Alloy wheels

anything from 5x14 up to 7.5x17 on a normal mkiv.... maybe 8x19 on a Cupra R
  6. Alloy wheels

I think 7x17 with a 205/40r17 but everyone is going to say something different!
  7. Alloy wheels

Mercs are 5x112 you'd need hub adapters again... I think the offset on those would be about right... normally a 32-35 I think :S the Mk1v should be ok on 18's the guys back at work would know a bit more than me though.
  8. Alloy wheels

Yea BMW is 5x120... you could try hub adaptors but be careful with the offset, you'll need around an ET35-40. So if the wheels are off a 5 or 7 seiries they won't fit. Most 3 series fitments would be about an ET40.
  9. advice on tyre choice

Yea GSD3's are being gradually replaced with the Asymetric (excuse my spelling). I can't remeber for the life of me but Dunlop did a Sportmaxx which was pretty decent!!
  10. advice on tyre choice

I know the toyos are popular but i would not put them anywhere near a car I own Forgetting Yokohama who i work for.... Goodyear GSD3 would be the only other choice in 205/45r16
  11. advice on tyre choice

They are better in really wet conditions than drizzly conditions.... they clear the water well, but they can be a little tricky when things are greecy!
  12. advice on tyre choice

Awesome! They should treat you well, you'll notice the grip more in the summer though!!
  13. advice on tyre choice

Blackcircles will do them for about £81.50ea mail order.... might be worth trying tyreandgo.co.uk also. I'm actually running C drives at the moment, purely to get longer mileage but some people do get decent mileage out of the Parada also!
  14. advice on tyre choice

Yoki only make the S drive in this size.... I should know as I work for them :) I'd go with 205/45R16 Paradas instead, rolling radius is pretty much the same!
  15. Sportrider ride height

This is my Sportrider. i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv138/Billbatov/Cars/2009-08-21140049.jpg I can't post properly becuase I'm still a newbie!!
  16. 1.9 TDi Sportrider :)

I was assured Candy white was the fastest colour to have :( I will be having words with my dealer!!