Search results

1. tommy_a

Sold my Cupra K1

thats a good trade in price to be honest !! ive been looking to part ex recently (2010 Cupra 20k miles) and ive been offered between £10k and £12k for mine !! its a joke as the car cost me £23,500 18 months ago !! :(
  2. tommy_a

tommy_a's MK2 FL Leon Cupra Project -Sportlines fitted 12/03/11!!

To be honest mate, ive not noticed any difference at all after i fitted the Sportlines! turn in might be a bit sharper but the ride isn't any harsher than before! I love them! Improve the look of the car so much!
  3. tommy_a

Rattle from drivers side when idle!

ive had a rattle in my leon for a week now. i first thought it was the clutch, but i did a few simple tests and it was defo not that!! i traced it down to under the dash under the center console. i took it in to Seat today and they traced the noise to a loose fuel pipe running under the car...
  4. tommy_a

tommy_a's MK2 FL Leon Cupra Project -Sportlines fitted 12/03/11!!

cheers mate !! :D i was trying to sell it, but as i had no interest im going to keep it for a while !! got a few bits lined up for it now !! might as well continue the modding if im keeping it !! :D
  5. tommy_a

Cupra Rear Valance wrapping

I say go for gloss black! But there might be a problem doing so! When I spoke to a company near me they said they wouldnt be able to wrap that part as it's bare plastic and the vinyl wouldn't stick properly! Might be better off getting it painted! :D
  6. tommy_a

How to change your headlamps to xenon

anyone know if these part numbers are for pre-facelift or facelift models ? also, regarding the range control motor mentioned above, is that the auto adjuster ? if so could the motor from the standard headlight work ? ive also been on kufatec.de and found a kit they do. is this just the...
  7. tommy_a

Age of Leon drivers

im 26 and had my Cupra for 16 months !! insurance wise im paying around £1400 with 5 years NCB !! :( main factor to the high price, i have a manchester postcode !! :(
  8. tommy_a

Boost feed

your best getting the Forge one. yes its a little expensive but at the end of the day you get what you pay for, and the Forge stuff is well worth it !! :D its a perfect fit onto the existing feed meaning no cutting or splicing !!
  9. tommy_a

Darth Vader lives (P Flo fitted)

when i fitted my P-flo heatshield, i got rid of the engine cover mount bolt things and just bolted it down with some m6 cap head bolts. no need for the nuts under the heat shield so dont worry about it !! :D and i have to agree with you about the darth vader effect !! i love it !! :D
  10. tommy_a

removing fog light for cold air feed; need a hand with a couple things :)

exactly my thoughts !! if i let it go for what i offered it would have been stupid !! well once youve gotten your carbon stuff make sure you take some decent pics!! it will give me some inspiration and something to drool over !! :D
  11. tommy_a

removing fog light for cold air feed; need a hand with a couple things :)

Why not just remove the other fog and insert a small piece of ducting that does nothing just to even things up abit! Im abit anal about having things looking symmetrical! :D Oh and off topic, I'm doing the same as you! After spending loads on advertising and getting no results I'm keeping mine...
  12. tommy_a

leon cupra lowering pic

Ive got sportlines fitted to my cupra. Click on my sig below and it will take you to my car blog where there's loads of pics!
  13. tommy_a

Pillar-Pod - NOTTINGHAM AREA MEMBERS REQUIRED FOR NOMAD RACING MOULD

Looks good! :D but what does it look like from outside through the window that it covers? Is there a back panel to it or is the back of the boost gauge exposed?
  14. tommy_a

brake discs and pads !!

before anyone says it, yes ive had a search before i posted this thread but ive not found what im looking for !! basically i reckon im going to be needing some new discs and pads in the near future and want to get evertything ready for when the time comes. wheres the cheapest places to get...
  15. tommy_a

2011 Leon Mk3

too angular for me !! i prefer curves !! :D
  16. tommy_a

Naked MK2 FR owner?

now thats what happens when you try to steal something in Salford !! :D i chased 2 lads who broke into my old car and i was only in my boxers !! :D must be a northern thing !!
  17. tommy_a

Which leon?

get yourself a Cupra !! :D and the only difference between the Cupra and K1 are the ghey bumpers :p and an extra badge on the back !! same engine and suspension aswell !!
  18. tommy_a

Bit of an unusual one...... Max size of USB device??

i think the one im using is either 16 or 32 gb. which ever it is, it works perfectly !! although sometimes when i get in the car it takes ages to recognise the damn thing !! but i dont think thats due to the size of the usb though !!
  19. tommy_a

Looking for a favour - Issues on a standard CDL facelit Leon Cupra/Leon Cupra R

looks like ill need to get mine logged to see whats going on then !! i also noticed that my idle was different once id had it mapped. it now holds onto the revs when you let off the throttle and dip the clutch !! normally a cars revs would drop straight away but mine seem to hold at around 1200...
  20. tommy_a

Looking for a favour - Issues on a standard CDL facelit Leon Cupra/Leon Cupra R

Ive got a Stg1 FL cupra with about 16000 miles on it (11K miles standard): 1. no missing/hunting at idle, ticks over smooth 2. no misfires on accerlation, pulls to redline no problem 3. id have done some logs aswell but ive just fried my cable! :( Al, seems like your having a bit of...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.