Search results

1. Car arrives tomorrow - planned mods..

Wahey two other members from bromley, im sure i have seen your LCR about t0m you may have seen me about too, extreme blue leon cupra, with graphite wheels. i was in the same dilema as you over splitter or 007p, went for the 007p in the end, and has been faultless so far. Also get a cupra R...
  2. leon drivers

Work as an apprentice mechanic in farnborough village, in bromley/orpington pay is **** but i enjoy it
  3. Just wired in a boost gauge

yes only difference was my gauge is electronic rather than mechanical
  4. Just wired in a boost gauge

Boosting at roughly 9.5psi is this correct? Engine is an AUQ on a facelift cupra. Only engine mods are n249 bypass and 3" downpipe/decat. Also the headlight dimmer makes the gauge do the opposite of the clocks, i.e when the clocks are bright the gauge is dim, and when the clocks are dim the...
  5. Electronic boost gauge as apposed to mechanical

cheers guys, i will definately order the one i was looking at then. I just got confused because i read on some different forums things like drilling intercooler pipes, another about drilling inlet manifolds, and also about cutting in and rewiring MAP sensors,
  6. Electronic boost gauge as apposed to mechanical

I know that with a mechanical boost gauge the gauge gets the feed from a vaccum tube from the hose that goes from the top of the DV to the FPR (n249 is bypassed if that makes any difference) my question is, for an electronic gauge with an electronic sensor, where do i put the sensor? and how...
  7. coloured wheels

yeah one of my favourite cars i have ever seen. I'd love something along simmilar lines for my leon.
  8. coloured wheels

to whoever was sayin about coloured wheels on an extreme blue cupra, i also have one, and think this colour scheme looks wicked.
  9. Weird clunking noise under braking

check the wishbone bushes, just replaced drivers side front wishbone, rear bush on one of our courtesy cars at work with the same symptoms. Give it a little wiggle with a lever bar or something, you will see the excessive play in the bush easily if that is the problem
  10. Difficulty Retracting Rear Brake Calliper Piston

Some cars are reverse threaded. Tbh haven't changed rear pads on my car, and as far as I remember all th mk4's I have changed them on have been normal thread, but just a thought for you. If they are reverse threaded then you need a reverse threaded version of the tool you have
  11. air intake ducting cupra

i have a leon cupra facelift, and have been told i can run ducting from behind the fog light, as i dont have an intercooler on the n/s like the cupra R's do. Therefore i wont need to mess around with battery relocation brackets. Basically what i want to know is what is a good size of ducting to...
  12. ebay decats and scorpion exhausts

a lot of people on here seem to have bought these decats an have been very pleased with them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK4-GTI-1-8T-3-STAINLESS-STEEL-DOWNPIPE-DECAT-/380243380650?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58884589aa What i wanted to ask is: on the...
  13. Leon airbox pipe?

So you have bought a new airbox, but it has no hole for the secondary air intake pipe? As far as i can remember, leon cupra R's and diesels do not have a secondary air intake so you may have bought the airbox for one of these rather than the Cupra. It depends what you want really, if you...
  14. anybody got anything to say good about a leon

apology accepted, im also sorry for snapping, i just get annoyed when i speak to people and when they find out you are a mechanic they automatically assume you are a money grabbing con-man. I take pride in my work no matter what car it is on, and no matter whos it is, i always carry out work to...
  15. anybody got anything to say good about a leon

being a mechanic myself im actually quite insulted. I know you say there are some exceptions, but still i dont think that is a fair comment
  16. anybody got anything to say good about a leon

£99+oil and filter cost+VAT for an oil service at my garage, thats not just oil change tho, tyre pressures, other levels under the bonnet toppped up, lubricate hinges and locks, general check over of the car, etc,
  17. neuspeed short shift

Anyone got a guide on how to do the diy one?
  18. Extreme blue 20vt leon...EML on. maf? Coilpack? Help please?

Problem solved. Was just a coil =)
  19. Extreme blue 20vt leon...EML on. maf? Coilpack? Help please?

Only had this problem since fitting my forge 007p and jetex cone. Misfiring throughout the rev range now, lots of hesitation to rev when throttle is applied. Flashing eml? I cant take my car to get a diagnostic as its currently up on axel stands. What do these sound like the symptoms of and...
  20. Extreme blue 20vt leon...EML on. maf? Coilpack? Help please?

also jez, the forge dv cost 82 from badger bill
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.