Search results

1. what size wheels.........

14 inch steels get my vote.
  2. Windscreen Washer Pump

Under a fiver usually, Have you checked the fuse-mine went the other day...........
  3. It's a new yr - what's your plans?!

There were some ads in the back of retro cars mag iirc
  4. It's a new yr - what's your plans?!

I plan to tax and insure the beast and actually drive it, even daily! Im looking forward to driving something a bit more comfortable than my 85 rag-top Polo. Tidy bodywork, tune it up/service and get the Mot advisories sorted. Enjoy.
  5. cordoba is what im getting

Welcome, Not to my taste but each to their own.
  6. Cordoba Pasenger Airbag (Dash) Removal

Not sure if its a bit too new for there to be a Haynes. A dealer parts diagram may be of some help.
  7. is it me or are the cordy owners slowly getting less

There was one being broken for spares down in Devon just before Christmas so ours are now that little bit rarer!
  8. guages

Any chance of someone listing the part number? Maybe if enough poeple want one, we can get a run of them.
  9. best mods

Just sit back and wait for the saxo to rot away then offer your mate a lift.
  10. head gasket blown

If you can find one, it could work out a lot cheaper to get a second-hand engine and swap over.
  11. Strange Noises

Piece of cake to change, just support the engine on a trolley jack or similar whilst you whip off the old one and fit the new one. I dont think they are too bad price-wise, give ECP or GSF a try.
  12. Strange Noises

Could be exhaust knocking, try rocking your exhaust by hand to see if it knocks, maybe missing a rubber? May also be a knackered engine mount, again try rocking by hand.
  13. sounds like a spoon being rubbed alone a bit of ridged bit of card board

Got to the bottom of it, mine is apparently the EDL engaging so nowt to worry about. May be worth visiting the Ibiza forum in future as theres more traffic in there.
  14. sounds like a spoon being rubbed alone a bit of ridged bit of card board

Theres a guy on the Ibiza forum asking about tcs as his motor is making this noise too, may be worth having a natter with him...............
  15. Does the ABF have any kind of traction control or ESP?

Theres a guy asking about a similar noise on the Cordoba forum, take a looksie and compare notes.....................
  16. sounds like a spoon being rubbed alone a bit of ridged bit of card board

I have experienced the same problem. I cant believe there arent more people who have had this problem. If i get to the bottom of it il update you, you need to do the same. Have you checked the mk2 ibiza forum for an answer? same mechanicals.................
  17. is it me or are the cordy owners slowly getting less

Im currently waiting for some parts to be delivered then hopefully il be running around in my Bengal Beast just after Christmas. Il get some pics up when the snow has gone.
  18. 16v conversion

There are lots of hassles involved in this, main one being the n/s engine mount. It can be done. May be worth your while if serious about doing this to talk to skodaboy on the briskoda forum as he was looking into this and is a very clever chap, he has fitted a mk4 golf gti engine into a...
  19. Engine idle issues

My Cordoba was running the same mate, now its not running! Il update as and when i get to the bottom of it, can you please do the same? Seems there are so many possible causes, just need to get it running first!