Search results

1. tomd1338

Mechanics in SE London/Kent?

Hi looking for a reliable garage around the bromley/sevenoaks area if anyone has recomendations?
  2. tomd1338

gauges fitment

σας ευχαριστώ queen Yours look good, I think with something like a gauge that you want to light properly with your headlights and speedo its best to pay an auto electrician a few quid to wire in.
  3. tomd1338

gauges fitment

Ah okay I see. Am I right in thinking the honeycomb section and black surround will come with it?
  4. tomd1338

gauges fitment

Hi queen. How did you remove the OEM vents? I have been pulling but don't want to snap something.
  5. tomd1338

Air filters, induction kits and roaring engines..

Yeah yours looks much better, no kink in the piping. Did you move the battery or is yours in the boot anyway? Also, what is that second filter, catchtank?
  6. tomd1338

Bonnet strut?

Seat cost cutting! Haha, funny that skoda have them and we don't. I only had a mk4 and a metro before this car so they all had the metal thing.
  7. tomd1338

Jay that makes sense, probably costs them 20p for the tiny bit of protection. Did it make much difference on your car? How is the forge compared? Noise, power etc.
  8. tomd1338

Bonnet strut?

CraigJack - my car has one of these, most Ibiza's do.. It sits between the front lights in front of the engine. Unclip it and hook it into the bonnet at the top? Or do you want a mechanical one? I don't really see the point of them.
  9. tomd1338

Yes the green one is an OEM s2000, pint of milk for comparison :). Take out the airbox and cold air feed and place this onto the intake pipe. I don't think the "hot air=equals less power" thing counts with our cars. I am stage one with a twintercooler, the hot air is sucked into a VERY hot...
  10. tomd1338

I've seen on other forums that people have been fitting OEM s2000 air filters in place of induction kits with good results. There's a guy running one on a 350bhp S3, so should be good enough for my Cupra right. :) I bought the filter for £13 from euro car parts but the fitment is too large :(...
  11. tomd1338

Guages in cupra?

If big pete doesn't take them, I might be interested in the boost gauge :)
  12. tomd1338

Guages in cupra?

Seems like a silly question I know. But how would you go about wiring these in? Connect to obd2 or drill through the firewall and fit a joint into a turbo hose?
  13. tomd1338

Churp on acceleration

You would hear it with the windows down and driving along.
  14. tomd1338

Churp on acceleration

I used to get mine if I was coasting around 20-30mph and then tapped the accelerator.
  15. tomd1338

Churp on acceleration

I had this on my Cupra when I bought it (42k) I replaced the fan belt and it has been gone for the last 1000 or so miles. Worth noting that my car had other symptoms of fan belt slippage. Low battery, occasional loss of power steering for a second when parking etc still it's worth a go I reckon.
  16. tomd1338

front tow eye

[B)]Where is the cover? I've spent about 10 minutes looking at my bumper scratching my head
  17. tomd1338

312mm brakes

I am looking to do the upgrade but with Xmas coming up I have the chance to ask for a few bits separately. I found pagid discs on eurocar parts for around £40 and will buy the calipers myself from eBay but what pads do I need? Seem to be about 300 different sizes Thanks
  18. tomd1338

312mm brake upgrade

Im looking to do this soon, did anyone find out if that kit comes with the springs? Also a newbie question I know but what size brakes are standard on the mk5 cupra? Don't have my tape measure handy :(
  19. tomd1338

Miltek catback - Res or Non-Res Cupra tsi?

Brilliant, thanks mate.
  20. tomd1338

Miltek catback - Res or Non-Res Cupra tsi?

Yeah still has the back box, as I said above I'm quite happy with it. Looks so much better than pea-shooters in the surround and I think it sounds nice as well. Each to their own I guess. Whereabouts are you located btw mate? Looking to get a spoiler soon and liked that carbon wrap you had...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.