Search results

1. devonutopia

Refurbing Your Brembos: For Dummies

Wow - refurbing my brembos seems like a distant memory now LOL. Been so long I think they now need a proper respray before they can be considered to be like new.....
  2. devonutopia

Top fuel dragsters! New record

Roughly they rebuild these engines after two runs, with (if lucky) just routine maintenance after 1 run... Doesn't take a genius to work out that a rebuild every half mile would be costly and not good for range. :D I heard somewhere they burn 16 GALLONS to the mile when on full chat down the...
  3. devonutopia

Top fuel dragsters! New record

I got this footage whilst spending a memorable weekend at Santa Pod watching a round of the European Dragster series. Top fuel dragsters are something else. This video is of one run where the guy in the right lane (as they run) beats the previous record of 314mph by another 3mph. And into a...
  4. devonutopia

Does the Map sensor ever go faulty?

What temp is this, where are you reading it? The ambient air temp will always be whatever is dictated by the weather, nothing to do with how you are driving. Read by the air temp sensor down by the foglight. You can't read the MAP sensor air temps without vagcom/VCDS.
  5. devonutopia

PD130 Logs - Help

Which temp sensor? The one for external air temps or the one which monitors boost and boost air temp? (MAP sensor)
  6. devonutopia

PD130 Logs - Help

Appears to be making requested boost, eventually..... Would suggest the stopscrew on the VNT mechanism needs unwinding perhaps a single turn. The turbo looks too open when at tickover. It could also be sticking of course. I would sooner go down the cleaning route first. How tough is the...
  7. devonutopia

Does the Map sensor ever go faulty?

There is an external temp sensor for the air temp you read on the dash - They can go wrong :D As above, Map sensor reads pressure AND temp of boosted air - They can go wrong. :D
  8. devonutopia

Probably - Had my car 7 years now, and been in my job in Exmouth 5 years. Definitely plan on doing mine this weekend, so shall get more photos up as I progress.
  9. devonutopia

Hardly any time at all really. It is just getting some of the crap off the surface of the basecoat (which has got under the lacquer) - I think I might spend just 10 minutes per caliper? And that is with a thoroughly soaked piece of 1200 grit, and not rubbing hard either. Just enough to create...
  10. devonutopia

Using the wet & dry technique is much more effective for "polishing" the painted surface. Really polishing only works when renovating a lacquered surface (i.e like normal car painted surfaces) For a brembo refurb you are removing all the (crap) lacquer, and then prepping the painted surface to...
  11. devonutopia

Best exhaust set up?

Indeed, but you will fail MOT for volume :D The best exhaust is the shortest and biggest bore one you can manage, without pushing volume to ASBO/mot failure levels. Mine is close - 93 decibels static @ 3500rpm. Side exit, big bore, one silencer.
  12. devonutopia

Help with stage 2 hybrid please

It will be a PD - something is wrong as I know someone who fitted just PD130 injectors and turbo to a PD100 (same as a PD105 really) and it was 170 to 175hp after mapping.
  13. devonutopia

Cannot reply in TDI section?

Ah - fair enough - I couldn't see anything about it being closed. The TDI tuning section works fine, so I'll stick to that forum. Thanks
  14. devonutopia

Cannot reply in TDI section?

I've scanned the rules and cannot see why I can't post replies or start threads in the TDI section. I have lots of posts and this is the first time I've known to not have full posting rights on SCN. Any ideas please? :headhurt:
  15. devonutopia

TDi 0-60 times & 1/4 miles

Mine is at the moment somewhere around 275hp/370 lb/ft - Did a 13.7 at the Pod, having to start in 1st gear, which killed the 60ft times. If I could launch my car well, I'd be pushing for a high 12 (i hope....) Cross 1/4 mile @ 105mph, so the acceleration is there.
  16. devonutopia

stupid egr

But you can never turn it off unless you get it properly mapped out by someone who knows what they are doing. My current mapper knows how to do this so finally I have been CEL free with my Allard EGR delete pipe. I spent about 3 years with CEL on but knowing exactly what was causing it.
  17. devonutopia

Did you see two posts above yours? :lol: :p I have put in links to my pics which are still hosted. :)
  18. devonutopia

Injector reset

I have a PDF manual "How to rebuild your head" from official VAG source which includes the settings you need when getting the rockers setup back on top of the injectors. PM me an email addy and I'll forward the PDF at some point this evening. :)
  19. devonutopia

Pd130 asz poor start help

Maybe try letting it go out, then turn off/on and let light up a second time. Mine's been a bit of a bugger to start but then it is real cold and my big injector setup doesn't help.
  20. devonutopia

New dyno run video for the Skud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP9bp1oCiJA New run for the Skoda running new setup. Did 275.3 before on running in map but with a dribble of NOS out of an emptying bottle... Did 272.3 this time unaided by any laughing gas, but with quite a lot of smoke. Thinking a little bit of turbo...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.