Search results

1. Fredthered

Burning smell/strange strong smell

I'd love to see what comes of this if anything as my coolant needs topping up around the same as my oil does now lol not got any strong/burning smells tho and no wet patches when parked up or smoke of any colour from the exhaust. Had the breather pipe fitted which did slow the oil consumption a...
  2. Fredthered

oil consumption fix possibility?

I've had the beather parts fitted and im still using the same amount of oil its coming to the end of its warrenty now so prob will just sell it on which is a shame. However i do sit in ques and standing traffic quite alot on my daily commute to work so don't know if that has any bearing on...
  3. Fredthered

Alex's Mk5 Cupra

Thats been on there for two years now :D It's all in the initial prep ;) As said previously nice to see a black one
  4. Fredthered

Alex's Mk5 Cupra

Some of us have put the rear stickers here: Just incase your after ideas ;)
  5. Fredthered

Changing The Plugs

I haven't attempted it myself so i can't comment but I thought this might be useful if you need the tool: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367511
  6. Fredthered

oil consumption fix possibility?

I've just had my car in for its third year service and i mentioned again about the oil problem (mine using 1L every 500 mils or so its a 10 plate cupra). Turns out i need this part fitted so im booked in for a week on friday. Im sure they didn't do a oil consumtion test (they had the car...
  7. Fredthered

h7 cambus compliant bulbs

I read that also when my bulb failed and i didn't have a warning on the dash, rang my dealer and they confirmed that it doesn't cover the dipped beam (mine is a 2010 model so maybe its been updated since then??) I do know however through a series of unplugging bulbs on my car the sidelights...
  8. Fredthered

h7 cambus compliant bulbs

I'm sure that the bulb failure system doesn't cover the dipped beam bulbs as i had one blow and it didn't throw the light up onto the dashboard. I assume SEAT think that you'll be able to see if you have a headlight bulb out lol ;) Actually thinking about it that was a nightbreaker bulb that...
  9. Fredthered

problem with key

This is covered by warranty, i know this as mine has been! Exactly the same happened to mine the blade part of the key snapped clean off with very little pressure, im in the process of having one delivered been waiting about a month now. Apparently SEAT are changing their suppliers as alot of...
  10. Fredthered

Front & Rear Brake Pads

Maybe check this thread out before buying for extra info: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352685
  11. Fredthered

My Key Disintergrated on me last night!

Seems they are :-) went into my dealer today they had a good look at it but couldnt fix it so they ordered me a new one, apparently they can't get replacement individual parts for them anymore so its whole new flipkey im getting under warrenty :-)
  12. Fredthered

My Key Disintergrated on me last night!

Are the folding keyfobs covered by warrenty? Im taking it into SEAT later so hopefully it will be Its just as the title says my key decided to fall to peices last night as i attempted to fold the key back into the fob. It looks like a big chunck of the hinge has come apart causing the ket bit...
  13. Fredthered

alloy wheel broken!?

Saw a Ferrarri California smashed up on a roundabout near me at the weekend looked like his alloy had gone the same way! Unfortunatly he'd hit another car tho and ended up facing the wrong way down a mway slip road
  14. Fredthered

Does Your Ibiza Cupra Burn Oil? Please Vote

Yes 1lr every 700 miles or so + i got blue smoke coming out of the exhaust after the engine has sat still for a few days on the first few revs. Going to the dealer for a oil consuption test after 600 miles. 2010 cupra by the way 23,000 (ish) miles *edit never had a misfire yet...
  15. Fredthered

New Ibiza 2.0 TDI FR

Its worth a try mate!! and i can tell you IMG are a great dealer they sorted me out nicely with my cupra ;) like they said you never know unless you ask! :D
  16. Fredthered

1.4 TSI Oil Consumption

To be fair to the "stealer" i got the info 2nd hand via my parents so i might be doing them a mis service in my write up above but that was the jist of it, also im not at all tecnically minded when it comes to engines lol...... Will prob get them to a oil comsumption check soon whcih i must...
  17. Fredthered

1.4 TSI Oil Consumption

Right after fridays chat with my local dealer they did seem concerned that my car was using alot of oil but they said its within limits. But what they told me to do was to: Leave the car to sit still for a few days, then when you turn the engine on for the first time get someone to see if the...
  18. Fredthered

1.4 TSI Oil Consumption

My parents was just in at seat today to get their Ibiza serviced so i asked them to ask for me about my oil consumption on my cupra.... Told them that my consumption average's out at 1lr every 600 miles and seat said this is 'within normal limits' but have given my dad some things to check...
  19. Fredthered

If you had a choice, what alloys would you like for your FR/Cupra/Boc???

I think i did a while back but the price (over £1000) put me off lol
  20. Fredthered

If you had a choice, what alloys would you like for your FR/Cupra/Boc???

If money was no object id have these: http://www.ozracing.com/car_wheels_var/OZ%20Racing/25182/I%20-%20TECH/ALLEGGERITA%20HLT/25619.aspx Can't decide on black, Titanium or white tho lol
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.