Search results

1. Four Year Hiatus

Not exactly a newbie, just back after a 4 year break. and because the forum is such a good place for real-world knowledge - that search facility if pretty cool - i thought i'd say hello anyway. after all, a quick post on the forum confirmed i was making the right decision (hopefully), and...
  2. 4 Year Hiatus

i remember the old Mk4 1.4 wasn't good on fuel. it's still the same motor, but they must have changed something - or cheated!! ssshhh.
  3. 4 Year Hiatus

CHeers. I've read it's not as efficient as the official figures (but no car is these days), but to go from a quoted 47.9 to even low 30s is appalling. i thought it was only hybrids and diesels that lied this much!! One of the reasons for getting the car is to save a bit of cash. i get more...
  4. 4 Year Hiatus

Ha! that's why it seemed familiar.
  5. 4 Year Hiatus

Cheers. good to know they sorted the bushes out, i replaced them once, and they were advisory again a couple of years later when i sold it (IIRC). is it live axle at the rear? the old one sometimes felt it on bumpy roundabouts. the new car felt a better product - though i loved my old one -...
  6. 4 Year Hiatus

Thanks, it's good to know. it's just going to be a runabout, the daily commute, and a carry a bike or two a few weekends a year. I did a search here to see if there were any common/known faults and it seems a reliable motor, thanks for confirming. my old '05 N/A 1.2 was bombproof, the...
  7. 4 Year Hiatus

Cheers, yeah it's an old engine, but it drove well. and unfortunately neither choice or time are on my side. i think i posted this in the wrong forum , not logged in for a long time - that's my excuse!
  8. 4 Year Hiatus

i'm looking to get back behind the wheel of an Ibiza after a 4 year break. i loved my last one (a 2005 1.2sx), so think it's a solid choice. the one i'm looking at is a 1.4 TOCA 63 plate. I though it wise to ask the forum for any tips, things to lookout for, or things to ask about, before i...
  9. Recommend me some tyres before i end up in a ditch!

i'm in a similar situation as the original post, my fronts have never gripped in the wet since i got them and now i crawl to work when its been spitting! they're Barum Bravuris r15s on a 1.2 and they're also close to the stops after less than 10k...! on the back i've firestone fh700fs (standard...
  10. You know you have a MK4 Ibiza when...

when everyone in you car craps their pants and shouts "whats that? whats wrong?" when the low fuel beeeeeeeeeep goes off when you press the button on the remote 20times to get the boot open when you're weaving down the road to avoid pot-holes when you've got the coolest supermini on the road!
  11. 1.2 12v sx!

congrats on passing the test!!
  12. 1.2 12v sx!

thankfully mine came with no chrome, i'd have no idea how to go about removing it...
  13. 1.2 12v sx!

nice, same alloys but darker grey to mine loose the chrome!
  14. 1.2 12v sx!

Just like mine! a cracking little car, get pics up when u can Good luck with the test!
  15. Aux In Alana Headunit

Just fitted my iPod connect box of tricks and its great. the volume is a little low (and the iPod has to be on max) but the quality is what i was after and thats top. i fed the cable round the back of the HU and the climate control unit to the area behind the pop-up panel where there are 2 holes...
  16. ScottHmk4 - 1.2 Cupra replica (Now Sold)

Been reading thru your thread tonite, really like what you've done, cant believe its a 1.2! i joined here looking for info on my little 1.2 with no intentions to mod it... but now... keep it going mate
  17. Aux In Alana Headunit

This is the best thread i've come across on SCN looking at hooking an ipod up to the Alana unit. i've the CD6 version on an 05plate and i've bought a box of tricks and some wires from fleabay seller "uni-trade" (sorry i cant post links as i'm new...) for £30 it should link the ipod upto the...
  18. Colour coding rubstrips

Thinking of doing this to my 1.2, as its cheap and looks cool... i've also seen some with color coded door handles, any tips for doing them or buying them? also whats colour watch like?
  19. Techie is back Boca style

Sweet motor, saw one in the showroom t'other day, dark red tho not white, and was in awe! very very jealous
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise