Search results

1. revere

LCR bumper wanted

be wary of fleabay, that's where i got my first one and was told it was fine, only stone chips etc and it had a big crack along the bottom, fortunately I sent it back and got a full refund which i was surprised about as expected to get ripped off.
  2. revere

Need some Cat D advice please lads/ladies

It's def a cat d, no structural damage, insurance didn't fix it, paid out, gonna loose about a grand on resale value then, ****ing baws.........
  3. revere

LCR bumper wanted

good luck mate, I spent over a week trying to source one online, got one and it arrived and had a crack in it when received from a breakers. Ended up having to got to SEAT and pay full boona for it. They are hard to come by items now.
  4. revere

Need some Cat D advice please lads/ladies

Not been on here for a while but need some help. Some T**T reversed into me at speed and the love of my life got written off and am pretty sure is classified as Cat D now. She has been lovingly repaired by a body shop (at great expense) and I am going to put her on the market but I have been...
  5. revere

are the door seals on AUQ's & BAM's Cupra R identical?

thanks mate, do you know what the seal inbetween the back of passenger door and front door is called? Its the bit that the edge of the front door would close onto. I need one of these also
  6. revere

are the door seals on AUQ's & BAM's Cupra R identical?

Need to buy a new inside door frame seal and mine is warped and not sitting properly. Cheers
  7. revere

powerflex bushes over std

I recently put on the complete powerflex poly kit for my front suspension on my LCR and I can honestly say the car feel lighter in handling and the turning is sharper, only thing against is you feel everything a lot more through the pedals and the ride is tougher but i still wouldn't swap back
  8. revere

what have you done to your car today ?

Put on the Powerflex Front Suspensions Poly Bush Kit the other week
  9. revere

Did Seat ever fix door seal leak problem?

I've stripped both my front doors and 1 rear door and sealed myself with clear bathroom sealant, after about 1 and a half to 2 years the first door I sealed has now sprung a leak again and my passenger footwell is sodden but the weather doesn't look like letting up for a while which is annoying...
  10. revere

Help needed re: anti roll bar bushes

cheers man, I'll tell the guy the Cupra R is def 18mm then, any idea about the rolled or cast thing this bloke is on about. I'll be honest it doesn't fill me full of confidence when the company sells these kits and don't know the specs to send out
  11. revere

Help needed re: anti roll bar bushes

I just bought a front suspension set of powerflex poly bushes and the company have asked me if they are 18/21/23mm. I called seat and asked what size they were out the factory and the guy said 18mm however the company have come back to me and asked if i am sure as they have never seen that size...
  12. revere

Insurance help please (I am getting shafted I'm sure)

thanks for the advice guys managed to get £639.35 ex 250, all mods covered ncd protected legal, windscreen, euro cover, courtesy car with greenlight insurance Thanks a lot boys
  13. revere

It's ridiculous the insurance pricing. If I try and be sneaky but potentially screw myself and do a standard LCR 225 quote I can get at around £500 with main insurance companies but if I have an accident and they inspect the car and see mods I'm fooked
  14. revere

not exactly today but I did put a set of EBC Ultimax discs and redstuff pads on a month or so ago and the breaking is ridiculous now
  15. revere

Under bonnet lining

as above, bit more noise, I can hear my turbo spool and swoosh more and wee bit more engine grunt
  16. revere

So I am 29, have 6 years no claims an am driving the car with mods you can see in my signature below and my insurance is extortionate. 3 points for a CU80 mobile phone almost 4 yrs ago but that's it and my renewal premium is £800 (£912 in direct debits). This has to be wrong, I have called...
  17. revere

it's orginally a 150bhp tdi, i should've said gt tdi anniversary. I seriously don't think I can afford to run my LCR anymore edit - I love the fact that my LCR is not a common car but it's all about the mulla
  18. revere

As much as it pains me to say this I may be selling my Cupra R 225 :( :( :(

Once I have sorted a few small things (one of which I recently posted about) I am coming to the horrid conclusion that it may be time for my beloved to become someone else's pride and joy. The petrol costs are soaring and with my wage not being the size it used to be guaranteed to be anymore...
  19. revere

Prob with display....What is the air con and fan display called again (CUpra R 225)

easy enough to do then I take it? Do I need a special tool to detach it from the dash?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members