Search results

1. Oil temp for Leon cupra R

Pretty sure they don't have oil temp sensors...
  2. Knocking Driveshaft/gearbox?

Sorry mate I can't remember for the life of me. If you think it's CV or UJ I'd grab a new driveshaft from here http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/search.php?search_query=leon+cupra&x=0&y=0 and whack that on. It's easier to change the whole lot in one go, and for 30 quid it's a no brainer. Can get it...
  3. 8bit's new R...

Congrats on your new arrival fella! Car's looking good mate, but Jesus that battery is bloody huge!!
  4. Subwoofer & Amp

Remember using high level inputs you are amplifying the distortion produced by the head unit's amp and are also plagued by it's frequency response characteristics...
  5. Torque Wrench Clicks????

Oh actually the handbrake is known to stick slightly, but don't think it would make them stick as much to get hot in 200 yards... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372370&highlight=spring
  6. Torque Wrench Clicks????

You set the torque on the wrench then it clicks to let you know when you've reached the indicated torque level. I'm sure I read somewhere that you shouldn't keep applying force after it clicks as it can end up damaging the wrench... As for the issue with your brakes, I'm not sure unfortunately...
  7. Tyre thread - Which do you recommend?

If you want a hand with your list, I've heard a lot of bad press about the Pirellis, and the Eagle F1s are good, but a touch soft. PS3's are a better option IMO, similar on grip front (and I'd go with a touch better in the wet), with better longevity :) My mate runs rainsports on his fabia VRS...
  8. t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure it's the same locking unit that's used across loads of the VAG platform? Golf, Passat, Lupo, Beetle, Leon, Arosa, Toledo and Octavias according to the compatibility list here (scroll right down) I'm sure mine was listed as one for a golf/passat, same...
  9. Oil smell inside car when driving.

PCV system vents crank / cams back into your turbo intake pipe, so you end up with oily vapours all the way through your air intake system (including intercooler pipes). Oil supposedly reduces octane of fuel so this is not seen as a good thing, hence why a lot of people do PCV delete - solves...
  10. t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

How would you compare the grip levels between the two tyres fella?
  11. Missing Power!! please help :)

Yes I've heard a lot of bad press for Relentless manifolds, but if he's had welds done hopefully you will be okay. Interested to know whether you had your 3" DP and decat on when you did the initial logs?
  12. Missing Power!! please help :)

As far as I'm aware it tends to be exhaust manifold, DP and cat that are the restrictive parts which build up EGT, so you probably want to look there before porting the head :)
  13. Missing Power!! please help :)

Sounds like you've had a nasty couple of months, but glad you've got everything on track :) Hopefully Bill is still subscribed, if not, you need to speak to him. If you're thinking of getting the car mapped there anyway then I'd have a chat with him about the fitting of rods/manifold I don't...
  14. t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

I've always thought the opinions of people who have tried different tyres on the same car are so much more valuable than someone who swears by one particular tyre because that's all they've ever known or tried a particular brand (probably one of their budget offerings) on a previous car and...
  15. t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Can I thrown Michelin Pilot Sport 3's into the mix as far as tyres are concerned? I reckon they beat F1's especially in the wet... They certainly seem to last much longer too. I've just ordered a couple at £125 a corner fitted, from the AA tyre site (run by national tyres) which is one of the...
  16. Alarm / Central Locking / Dead Locking guide

No worries mate, glad it was of use :) Yeah it's not the easiest thing to find in the manual and its hardly self intuitive - The main reason I did the guide was that people tend to think two clicks arm the deadlocks where as it is infact the complete opposite!
  17. Tyre thread - Which do you recommend?

Had Eagle F1s on my old LCR, running Michelin PS3's on this one... Maybe I've calmed down a bit over the years (!) but the PS3s certainly seem to last longer. Still got piles of grip and are very impressive in the wet. I'd recommend them as a very good all rounder. Word on the street is the...
  18. Advice on LCR for sale please.

Rob if you want my 2 pence, these cars are fast coming to the point where they're not worth selling whole... I bought mine as a Cat C write off for 2.5k knowing full well I would struggle to sell it as a written off hot hatch, but don't really have any intention of doing so - when I'm done with...
  19. Bye Bye

Bloody hell, I thought I was bad for not holding on to my cars for long! haha
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.