Search results

1. Clutch Repairs Edinburgh Suggestions

Hi Folks, Anyone recomend a decent garage or mechanic in or around Edinburgh to repair my clutch? Likely the slave cylinder needing replaced so if its out might get the clutch changed as well. Cheers for help as normal Mark
  2. Mk1 FR strange noise

Aye top mount sounds shot, jacked her up and bar under the hub and its knocking at the top.
  3. 'Lights on' warning buzzer not working

Have done, cheers. Now the ball ache of changing it over..
  4. 'Lights on' warning buzzer not working

Cheers, it’s saying doesn’t fit my car but I’m sure they must all be the same as vag are good at using same parts. Think I will get one and do like you have it ready to swap in.
  5. Mk1 FR strange noise

Thanks, going to get it up in the air and give it a check today, will take a look at the top mount. Is there also rubber mounts that go on the axel? Hopefully this video link will work to let anyone hear the noise:
  6. Mk1 FR strange noise

Hi folks, Just got myself a 2005 Leon FR 1.8T running stage 2, its had blistein suspension fitted for the last 70K miles and is pretty firm. The thing thats annoying me is there is a strange light clunking coming from the rear passenger side which i thought was maybe the seat top latch as read...
  7. 'Lights on' warning buzzer not working

Folks, since maplin no longer on the go does anyone have details of the microswitch that they used to sell? Even a picture would be great. I’ve also seen this full lock set seems cheap and my worry is it will fail, however given the effort to get the lock out it might make sense to have this...
  8. Newish old timer

Hi all, Hoping to pick up a 2005 FR 1.8 on Saturday thats done around 90K, had a diesel ASV for many years in the past clocked up 150K on that and engine was mint. This new one has been well looked after by VAGTech and has been upped to stage 2 for the last 50K miles. Had a gearbox overhaul...
  9. 1.9tdi 110 ASV loss of power

Cheers, I hear what your saying regards the tuning box but 120K miles out of it without a problem then i cant complain. I have read lots of stories of folk not running these and having large bills at 80K so i dont think they are as bad as folk make out. If its sticky vanes then a clean out...
  10. 1.9tdi 110 ASV loss of power

Bump, Anyone any help??
  11. 1.9tdi 110 ASV loss of power

Hi Folks, my 2003 110bhp ASV which has 126K miles on the clock and has been running an tuning box since 5K miles has been spluttery at idle for the last couple of months but seems fine if i put on the climate control to auto so put a slight load on the engine. However today when i booted it...
  12. Cruise Control and Computer

Did you go down and get them to fit it and setup on vagcom?? Or did you fit it yourself and then get it setup?
  13. Leon Key Issue

Ok cheers for that will keep an eye on it.
  14. Leon Key Issue

Yep this worked for me, disconnect the battery for 10mins and now all working. Cheers
  15. 110tdi Wheel Bearing/Wheels Issue

Yep cheers i think its more noticeable when turning to the left and after braking.
  16. 110tdi Wheel Bearing/Wheels Issue

Hi All, Well i have recently fitted a set of cupra 17" alloys fitted with fairly well worn goodyear rubber. Now the car was giving what feels and sounds like a worn wheel bearing sound, so for starters i swapped the front and rear tyres around adhering to the direction indicators. Anyway...
  17. Brake disc diameter

Well it was just complete kit i bought and i have looked and the front pads are D768 and also shows MDB2040 not sure if this is what you were after??
  18. Cheap Discs and Pads Experiences please

No i do agree me being a numpty, but there is a fair amount of stuff getting made in China these days though. Anyway I opted for Mintex as i am not intending going racing, the last set i fitted were mintex and they lasted over 50K miles so pretty good. Even when i took them off the pads...
  19. Brake disc diameter

Mine was 280mm front and 232mm rear. Opted for some new mintex pads and discs all round. The front ones had very little wear on the pads but discs were shot. Oh well 50K miles out of them is ok i suppose.
  20. Leon Key Issue

Sorted with reset by lifting off battery negative for 10mins, all good now. Cheers
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.