Search results

1. Paul TDI

What do I need to know...?

http://www.seatcupra.net/knowledge_base/knowledge_base/seat_leon_faq.html
  2. Paul TDI

BSR Tuning and 42 Draft Designs

My dad had the BSR remap on a Volvo D5 engine. I did it for him. They send you the box. Usually you just plug it into your PC, update the map on the box from the pc software they give to you, then plug it into your car, you can revert it back to normal software too. In his case, BSR didnt...
  3. Paul TDI

Thinking about buying a Leon FR TDI

Yeah the 288's did seem a bit weak compared to the 312's, even though the pads are the same. I waited til it was time to change the front brakes though, which was until about 30k miles. Why SEAT thought it would be a good idea to put smaller discs on a heavier car than the cupra 20vt I don't...
  4. Paul TDI

Small tube at in rear wheel arch of Cupra PD150?

I've got one too, might be something to do with the fuel tank or something, since its only on that side of the car - had me puzzled when i first noticed it last year, but the cars still going and nothings fallen off so it cant be doing any harm
  5. Paul TDI

Looker Seat Stockport, Manchester

I stopped using LC Charles when I was chasing them for over 3 months for 2nd faulty electric window switch to be replaced! Phoned them many times, and was always passed between service and parts and was promised call backs which never happened, so took my business to IMG in Warrington instead...
  6. Paul TDI

Idea on private sale price for 04 Leon Cupra TDI?

I've been offered a 9.5k trade in on my 04 Cupra TDI, which is the about the figure the Glasses guide says for its mileage of 50k, will go on a forecourt for about 11k though
  7. Paul TDI

29500 miles and brakes discs worn out

IIRC I paid £60 each for brand new carriers - you need two. Think they are supposed to be £90ish each new, although my sis worked at VW so I got them along with the pads and discs - discount, although next time I'll probably use Ferodo DS pads. My fronts lasted til 30k miles too. Rears are...
  8. Paul TDI

LCR Change for VXR

Lol saw my first Monaro yesterday, parked on the M6 Knutsford junction bridge, bonnet up, hazzard lights on, with the driver scratching his head :whistle:
  9. Paul TDI

To declare or not to declare ???

I declared absolutely everything once, on my previous car, from wipers and filters to suspension and brakes, and the insurance bloke was laughing on the phone because he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I only really tell them the main things nowadays. Swinton tried to charge me...
  10. Paul TDI

pd150 Engine code

My PD150 is ARL, I'd assume the Golf was the same?
  11. Paul TDI

Intake pipe

Everything you need to know is in this thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40416
  12. Paul TDI

any good off ebay

With the Touran one, did you find the cap lifts itself up when the wiper moves? I had to file the bottom of the cap very slightly so it cleared the window, you'd never tell by looking at it though :D Unless I pushed it on too far lol.
  13. Paul TDI

radio problem

I would/did, because a some of the wires on the loom/connector to the Aura won't match up with with the Clarion http://www.icecavern.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112 For example pin 3 on the power connector which is ODB diagnostics in the car, and quite often telephone mute on aftermarket...
  14. Paul TDI

Dension Install

Can get one tomorrow, although there's nothing on show, I didn't use a cradle. I found the Ipod 5G in its standard case fits very nicely into my big bulky old HP Ipaq 2210 Case, which in turn fits very snugly into the gap in the dashboard. Didn't need a cradle, its completely out of site but...
  15. Paul TDI

Dension Install

My Ipod is in two protective cases wedged in the small gap in the dashboard between the steering wheel and the pedals. The Becker kit I've got charges it, powers it up and down, and shows the album/song tags etc so no need for the ipod or any mounts to be in sight, or even in the Glovebox which...
  16. Paul TDI

HELP !!! Side skirt jacking point >>>

I used glue :D Came off easy enough (infact it fell off on its own on the motorway) but couldnt get it back on. Can still pull it off now if I have to, but don't ever intend to.
  17. Paul TDI

any good off ebay

looks very similar to my VW Touran one which I got for about £16 from the dealer last year
  18. Paul TDI

Audi headunit in leon?

Agreed, I've got the same unit as above, after having replaced a flashy Alpine 9835R with it, I'm quite happy to leave the Becker on display, doesn't look anything special to the common opportunistic thief. The ipod isnt on display :D
  19. Paul TDI

Under Taking a Police Car

well maybe they should have been driving correctly in the left lane! :D 80 on the speedo shouldn't be much of a problem, thats really about 75mph, 95mph would be a problem tho!
  20. Paul TDI

Michelin Pilot PS2

Got them on mine, really happy with them. I paid about £105 each for 225/45/17
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.