Search results

1. Booya

Mk 1 Cupra R tow bolt size

Actually in my original post I said it is so have a search on here mate and you should find the answer. I'm pretty sure it's the same I just can't remember.
  2. Booya

I'm not really sure bud. The LCR size is the same as a Golf mk4 so if the LC is the same as the mk4 then yes. Maybe someone else can confirm?
  3. Booya

Just in case anyone needs to know this in the future....it is indeed an M18 left thread. I found a company that sells the already modified tow eye for a TRS strap. I fitted mine today - all good :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261859473503
  4. Booya

New owner , 1 problem

If you could post a video of the noise it may help someone identify it? Just record the video on your phone, upload to Youtube and post link here. I did it earlier this week and got a decent response.
  5. Booya

Anyone got my old lc?

My mum lives round the corner from you! She actually used to live in your house lol. When did you sell it? I thought you still had it as I passed a few months ago.
  6. Booya

Annoying noise - could someone please identify issue?

Ok thanks a lot for your help :)
  7. Booya

The alternator belt right? Cheers.
  8. Booya

Ok thanks very much for your input. I'll see what other members think as well :D
  9. Booya

Timing belt and water pump were done last year but thanks for the heads up anyway :happy:
  10. Booya

I've had the car 5 years and over 40,000 miles and don't recall it being replaced mate. Could it be a worn belt you think? Thanks for the reply.
  11. Booya

Hi folks, I am getting a noise coming from the drivers side of the engine bay (I think). It's a screechy metallic noise that could sound like a belt slipping or even air being pushed out a small leak somewhere. This noise only happens when warm on idle and pulling away from idle I get a louder...
  12. Booya

Hi folks, I have searched and found that a cupra tow bolt size seems to be an M18 bolt left thread (reverse thread). Is it the same bolt size for the Cupra R Mk1? Probably a daft question I know but better safe than sorry. I need a bolt for the front tow eye socket. Thanks.
  13. Booya

Cam belt change - sounds like diesel

Hmmm I don't really understand exactly how the timing belt works but I'll suggest that to the garage. Thanks.
  14. Booya

Cam belt change - sounds like diesel

Hi guys, I had my cam belt + water pump changed a couple of weeks ago. The car now sounds like a diesel when idling. I thought it would go away after a few runs but it's still there. It just sounds like you can hear everything spinning - pretty annoying. Any ideas? Thanks.
  15. Booya

CTS or thermostat?

Thanks Daz. I'm guessing the labour cost will be minimal then.
  16. Booya

CTS or thermostat?

Hi guys, my LCR has been having issues recently. EML coming on when on a motorway drive and the engine temperature gauge is all over the place. I already changed the CTS so it must be the thermostat. I'm getting a cam belt + water pump change done next week so may as well get them to change...
  17. Booya

Boot spoiler

It's not the end of the world if you can't find the right colour to match your car. You could always wrap it like I did...
  18. Booya

Engine light - coolant temp sensor

Ok will do thanks mate.
  19. Booya

Hey buddy. Yes I fitted a genuine part. I'll check wiring but not too sure what I would be looking for :/ Thanks.
  20. Booya

Hey folks, A while ago my engine light came on, I did a scan, got a code for the coolant temp sensor. I changed the sensor and reset the code, all was well. Since then, I have had the engine light come on again twice. It seems to come on during a longer drive i.e. an hour on a motorway as...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.