Search results

1. NI3K

MK1 Recent clutch...now getting stuck in reverse?

cheers lads. Alex, yes the clutch was definately dragging last night when it happened again. il get the garage to check as mentioned
  2. NI3K

MK1 Recent clutch...now getting stuck in reverse?

Hi Guys, recently got a new clutch a few weeks ago, to my '04 Cupra TDI since then on a few occasions its seemed to jam in reverse a few times, the only way which it would release was switching off the engine. are we talking expensive gearbox issues or could it be something to do with the...
  3. NI3K

reluctant to start and a bit smokey initially

think id replaced the glow plugs last year, harness was another thing i was going to look at a while back and forgot so maybe worth looking into. vagcom wasnt showing anything out of the ordinary. yes it does it even in summer, il give the battery a charge justnow aswell.
  4. NI3K

reluctant to start and a bit smokey initially

Hi Guys, had this issue for a while now which i believe is caused by knackered EGR valve. EGR has been mapped out in a remap to stop the fault code being thrown, but takes a few seconds turning the starter to get it going and gives a big puff of smoke when it starts from cold. is there...
  5. NI3K

no power below 2000rpm, bad MPG!

what eventually sorted the smoke on startup and no power below 2k?
  6. NI3K

EGR Valve!!

can be turned down in vagcom also, I had to do this as i was getting the EML light for EGR coming up regularly
  7. NI3K

Intermittent power loss PD150

annoyingly, nothing at all! might try fuel filter first before fuel pump
  8. NI3K

Intermittent power loss PD150

Hi guys, sorry if this has already been asked countless times but I havent been able to find the same issues after searching. Car is a Seat Leon 04 PD150 Driving down the road about 2 minutes after starting the engine, power drops and wont rev over 1500rpm. when giving it any throttle at...
  9. NI3K

Vag com help Dundee/Perth

i take it you got this cleared by now? :P I have vag-com in dundee
  10. NI3K

Sub in boot wiring advice please

11. NI3K

Sub in boot wiring advice please

I ran mine to right of the engine bay and down the gap at the top/back of the bay towards passenger door, from there through the plastic grommet into the car, easypeesy
  12. NI3K

Muffled Thud

you dont have a sub do you?
  13. NI3K

Water leak above pedals

Ive just had to reseal passenger side as noticed a bit of water was coming in when i was going around corners, was the ancillary panel seal, just trickling in a bit with all this rain recently, saw it pool in passenger footwell and run on top of the carpet all the way to the rear, just resealed...
  14. NI3K

PD150 Reliability?

great engines, I love mine but had a few problems since i got it, had to replace glowplugs, maf and problems with egr valve but all common things and easily sorted myself :)
  15. NI3K

Pioneer deh-p7000ub head unit

dont really have a lot of experience with wiring up subs other than my current ones, not sure what would cause it if the remote blue wire is connected both ends as it should be
  16. NI3K

nah think its different, get googling for the right one for your car or search here to find which wires to switch for your car
  17. NI3K

lazy mans way of doing it for £2.99 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230428016786
  18. NI3K

you need to switch around 2 cables if your using the block from the standard h/u or buy a cheapo plug from ebay if you cant be bothered. for the sub did you connect the remote (blue) wire? i have similar h/u, 7100bt
  19. NI3K

water leak :(

agree about those wiper arms! took a lot of levering and gentle persuasion to get them to free up!
  20. NI3K

PD150 Engine - Fuel Economy, What fuel economy?

is it a bit smokey on acceleration? maybe the maf sensor is knackered? i was getting similar consumption but changed maf sensor and now seems a lot better but im still on the first tank since then