Search results

1. Purchased car - poor condition!

Old thread but Vauxhall and masterfit gang are worth the watching, many moons ago I had a Cavalier GSI, it was in excellent condition and was well maintained with no faults. Basically put it in for some winter check thing they were doing, forget what it entailed but it was cheap. Anyway they...
  2. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

This thread is quite heavy and reading through it seems some people using silicone and some obtaining a seal from Seat as well. Out car is often parked on the drive which means the front end is higher than the rear and quite often when it has rained heavy or been power washed when the doors...
  3. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide

This thread is quite heavy and reading through it seems some people using silicone and some obtaining a seal from Seat as well. Out car is often parked on the drive which means the front end is higher than the rear and quite often when it has rained heavy or been power washed when the doors...
  4. Decent mats...dealer option

Did see some on their too, they often seem to use a library photo and not of actual product so wondered if someone had maybe already bought some and could say if decent fit. One was listing Toledo from 2006 onwards, ours is a 2005 so I got in touch to ask him if they would fit but they never...
  5. Flywheel recall

Checked my VIN and it falls within the ones listed, yet it is DSG so just wondered.
  6. Flywheel recall

Seems was issued a while back http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recalls/recalls.jsp?modelID=B1&modelName=Leon&makeName=SEAT&makeId=E1 I also read that in the USA, dealers extended DSG cover to 10 years!
  7. Flywheel recall

Noticed that there was a recall notice issued with regards to Flywheel failure. It mentions 'The two mass flywheels can become damaged because of a non-optimally designed through-flow restrictor in the clutch pressure pipe' Does a DSG box also have a clutch pressure pipe or would that be...
  8. Decent mats...dealer option

Sounds good but was hoping for something middle of the road, main thing is they are a decent fit, think Dealers would be around £50 or so but was hoping to get something for half that...ideally :) Surely someone must have bought some MK3 mats?
  9. Wipers...again

Not sure if there is an improved alternative arm, it's the type that sit tucked away under the front door pillars. I know a lot of people change the likes of the B6 A4 arms for the newer ones in order to be able to take an aero style blade as the standard blades are poor. £33 for a set is...
  10. Wipers...again

Think that's another factor the MK3 seems to be specific fit, so probably dealer only or the bosch aero's
  11. Wipers...again

Yes that makes sense now, what age/model is your Toledo
  12. Wipers...again

I never checked the Toledo in the booklet you find attached, however I remember checking for the B6 A4 and it was listed, however they most certainly do not fit them. I'm no expert but I just couldn't see how they could fit, I thought by the packaging there was a picture of adaptor that...
  13. Wipers...again

Just seems a huge increase from £15 which I imagine is below cost price or close on it, if it is the 26" aerotwin pack. It was the 958s twinpack you got wasn't it? This seller seems to be cheapest on eBay, parts2clear, Current Item - - 120398935650 £29.95 plus £3.00 postage The...
  14. Wipers...again

Pretty sure they don't fit, they come with a range of adaptors but can't see how they can fit, I have used them on other cars, good quality though if they fit your car. They don't fit the B6 A4 either
  15. Decent mats...dealer option

Anyone know of somewhere/one that sells half decent mats for the Toledo TDI Sport DSG. Guessing the dealer will be criminal prices like most things...or? Obviously will call them on Monday but if anyone knows better be good to know
  16. Wipers...again

That company send you to their other company on ebay and talking nearer £40, so thinking the £15 was a mistake on their part? Someone has a set on ebay now for £30, think EURO car parts do them for £35
  17. Glow plug light started flashing while driving

Pretty common, we had it in our Golf TDI, new switch is green and cost about £8, few a few mins to change and all should be well. VW did tell me it would need reset on the computer but I took my chances and it went off itself once new switch installed
  18. Coolant temp sensor problems

Temp guage not working properly so thinking coolant temp sensor. Turns out it's a green one thats fitted. However struggling to get it disconnected from the connector, think part of the locking tab has been blitz in the past...well it doesn't look like this ...
  19. LCR 225BHP Reliability / Price

Thanks for the info, have came across a 53 plate with 120k. What would be a fair price for this, they were talking 4k but the rear door seems to be pushed in slightly where exiting a driveway was misjudged, paint doesn't appear to be broken at all
  20. I cant find Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym's in the South East!!!

Tried these guys? http://www.tyretraders.com/
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members