Search results

1. Vag 1.8t 20V Mini

I have a derv unit going in another just after this one goes all wheel drive
  2. Vag 1.8t 20V Mini

The torque is spot on with the readings at jabba back in the summer. The hp was 275 then, and a few bits have been altered since then. The engine does like the shorter exhaust, and being a lighter car it's so so much faster than the 1.8t in my S3
  3. Vag 1.8t 20V Mini

Cheers for the kind comment guys ;) I think on inspection it's not a standard k04
  4. Oem K04 Power Output(Debate)

Rather than just saying it can't, can you have any input into why it's giving these numbers?
  5. Oem K04 Power Output(Debate)

The torque is consistant on 2 dynos. Other cars that ran on Sunday were around the same numbers that had been seen on other dynos. We were all shocked but even on the second run it did just the same. To drive it feels all the power.
  6. Oem K04 Power Output(Debate)

That was my own thought also till I saw the numbers. The only explanation is that the turbo had been played with before I bought the car it came from. How can I tell if it's a special?
  7. Oem K04 Power Output(Debate)

On Jabbas rollers on the hottest day of the year it ran 275 with the torque between 330 and 340 lb/ft. I have since modified the fuel filters and cleaned up some pipework.
  8. Oem K04 Power Output(Debate)

Sorry guys the mini is mine, It's a AMK running it's standard turbo?? The downpipe and exhaust is 3" and is very short. It's also running a GRS intercooler and pipe work, boost is 22psi max and holds very steady. It's seriously fast spinning the 888s on demand even in third. Will even ran...
  9. Oem K04 Power Output(Debate)

Well I'm a bit confused, I'm running a K04 it has a custom GRS intercooler and pipework, 3" downpipe etc and my exhaust is about 1m shorter than most and it did bigger numbers on a nice cold day. What Is the top numbers??
  10. Oem K04 Power Output(Debate)

Mine did a solid 275 on Jabbasports dyno, stock engine, 3" downpipe, decat, Grs front mount intercooler.
  11. Has anybody been diagnosed with a 'wearing sump plug thread'?

A helicoil is not a bodge, it will be a much stronger thread than before. Genuine helicoil sump coils are pre wound tensioned so don't need threadlocking in. Can be done without removing the sump, with the correct sump tap.
  12. Recommend me some tyres before i end up in a ditch!

Vredesteins in the winter, 888s in the summer for me. The Vredesteins are spot on, not cheap but easily as good as the gsd3
  13. Vag 1.8t 20V Mini

It's in this month Redline magazine, before I pull it apart to make it all wheel drive!
  14. whats this pipe???

That's what was causing my S3 to go into limp mode, the previous owner had changed turbo, n75, and loads of bits!! It changed the plastic pipe shown and all is good!
  15. N249 Bypass guide LCR

^ that's what I did :)
  16. N75 on/off switch

No limp mode here.
  17. N75 on/off switch

You can but you may need a resistor to make the ecu think it's still there. I have one fitted on mine, with it open boost is limited to about 5psi great for when the wife is driving!! I then linked it into a switch in gears 1 and 2 a great addition in the wet, the only issue is the shock you...
  18. Clio VAG 1.8t gearbox oil change

These vag lumps are going into all sorts now!!
  19. Used Car Preparation ? Before or After that is the question

Some dealers don't fully prep cars if they are group stock, which can be sold from another garage at anytime. I like to see my cars before all the polish goes on!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.