Search results

1. Chemical Al

GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

afaik, yes, you need to turn it on and set the time its on for a value bigger than 0 seconds. lots of people found that when they turn it on it still doesnt work for this reason. i have no light sensor and it works pre FL though but see no reason why it shouldnt. you need to leave your...
  2. Chemical Al

Tyre pressure monitoring.

then you need to check your tyre pressures to make sure they are correct. thats what the tyre pressure monitor is for!
  3. Chemical Al

xenon headslights

I would just go with a bulb upgrade (normal halogen type) aftermarket hid kits will soon be ilegal i believe and they are horrid for other road users.
  4. Chemical Al

Tyre pressure monitoring.

once you have sorted the problem (puncture or what ever) make sure all you other pressures are correct while your at it. then while your driving along hold the button down and it should clear
  5. Chemical Al

Seat rns 510 navigation unit

Just another quick question, should i have a code for the radio (seat rns510) supplied with my car? ive gone through all my manuals etc and not found anything :(
  6. Chemical Al

Slow DSG Gear change

my leon does thes from time to time, now you mention it, usually the first gear change from cold when i leave work, ive not really noticed it any other time. Ill keep an eye on it and get back to you.
  7. Chemical Al

Opening my key... How to?!?

you looked in the guides section?
  8. Chemical Al

Under seat ipod dock

thanks for the replies guys :) the track name thing is not good, ive just been looking to see if putting a vw 6 cd changer in there would be a better use of the space and wiring. the other option is to get the vw MDI (which will display the names but not sure on compatibility with the seat...
  9. Chemical Al

cheers mate :cheers:
  10. Chemical Al

i have the seat version, would it be a direct swap for a newer vw one (thinking c or above)?
  11. Chemical Al

Under seat ipod dock

so... the people who have them - have you got the "inserts" for various ipods? and the people that havent - what is under your seat? (more a question for the FR drivers as im not sure if the other models have the same cubby hole )
  12. Chemical Al

Vcds 17069 p0685 help

well if 12v and 0v (ground) are ok then then you need to test the relay, connect it up across the batery and check it energizes. if you have a meter then check that the contacts change state correctly. if that all works then there must be a damaged/fraid cable/connection which is not allowing...
  13. Chemical Al

Under seat ipod dock

pic.... this is under the driver seat
  14. Chemical Al

Vcds 17069 p0685 help

if the 12v is ok then check the ground to the relay
  15. Chemical Al

Under seat ipod dock

ill get a pic at lunch time. mines an 08 fr. from ringing round a few dealers i believe it was a seat accesory, so may of been added to my car by a previous owner.
  16. Chemical Al

Under seat ipod dock

just been looking about and found this... anyone got any of these?
  17. Chemical Al

Under seat ipod dock

I stumbled across the ipod dock at the weekend (the one under the drivers seat) :funk: so now im thinking about getting an ipod to use with it (will save me burning dvd/cd to put on the rns510). now here is my dilemma, i have only got one of the inserts and i have no idea which ipod goes with...
  18. Chemical Al

can video in motion be activated on the seat version? Also can newer firmware be put on the seat version A? I know that seat FW only goes up to 1024 but can the vw stuff be used? finding not having the 7 digit postcode entry a real ball ache :(
  19. Chemical Al

Mk2 Leon Fob

no, the lock/unlock is is seperate from the immobiliser (immobiliser uses a glass chip in the blade part of the key that is sensed when the ignition turns on)
  20. Chemical Al

Mk2 Leon Fob

nope, just swap the battery and should be fine :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members