Search results

1. Binksy

Idling issue on std.car

I would buy a new maf sensor as its most likely the cause of your problem it also does make the engine management light come on for some people like you say "the yellow light" Its a fairly cheap fix and can be DIY its not to tricky if you follow a guide.. That's my opinion though - hope it...
  2. Binksy

Phoenix's Project Blueshift... (INCIDENT!)

Damn Jim what's happened there m8 that sux :<. Have to sell me some bits m8 I am going to modify my car very shortly currently its still standard "other than the bypass we did at Ipswich RR" I enjoy it as it is but deffo going to fork out on it before xmas, real shame this shocked me as it was...
  3. Binksy

revs raise for a spilt second whilst drving normally

Maybe faulty MAF sensor I think that can cause what your saying! when its starting to go. Dirty Throttle body maybe another thing! Other than that not sure. ;/
  4. Binksy

Does the N75J valve work on 1.9 TDIs?

Ahh i had miss understood all makes sense now then :p
  5. Binksy

Ahh i got yah m8 thanks for the info so its worth a try basically. So it held back your boost! i thought by passing the N249 this is what stopped the ECU holding back your boost ? ;/
  6. Binksy

Doesn't it run good on your car m8 ? you using the standard N75 still? what's the difference please between the 2 ?
  7. Binksy

inters 0-60 5.9 very pleased

SO can i get the N75j on my LC when and if i think mine is playing up ? What is the difference between the 2x n75's and how much is the n75j ? what's the part number for it please ?
  8. Binksy

LCR start up

Possible starting motor ;)
  9. Binksy

viewing LCR!

The cambelt should have been done on both or all them cars, since its 60k or 6 years. just because its lower miles I would not agree its the better buy :<.. If they are local look at them all m8 see what you think of them. Just give it a good look over make sure everything you see works or...
  10. Binksy

temperature went right up to 115'c

I would say water pump for over heating.. Although we had a user just recently who had the same problem "over heating" and this happened to be his thermostat. Just take it back m8 tell them to check water pump and thermostat and to fit 2 new door seals cos of leaks, that's your front since...
  11. Binksy

unmapped - can't hear turbo

Good to hear its all fine :clap:
  12. Binksy

Egg smell

Yup your cat or possibly a coil pack on its way out. I have had this happen 1 time before and since it was over 2month ago and I'm still running on 4 cylinders it was not a coil pack. It must have been my cat blowing off/ releasing at that time I was reversing up a curb and I think it might have...
  13. Binksy

I reckon you would notice a difference! are your 100% sure its not working ? I mean mine is not hugely loud but everyone can hear it outside the car if its being booted and if I open a window then I hear it louder too. But with the tunes on you might not hear it as it not that loud but deffo its...
  14. Binksy

C/L Fault Code - Help

Yeah its most likely the cold weather m8 so hopefully lube will fix it let us know what lube you used too. [B)]
  15. Binksy

Well I hear my turbo and I have a standard 180t you might want to run a fault scan on it also check the boost pipes/breather your self just have a good feel and look around your engine. But the answer is yes i think you should hear your turbo
  16. Binksy

C/L Fault Code - Help

Sounds like it could be your problem. The lock is not always locking or getting stuck from reading the other threads that have been on here try using some WD40 on it but deffo points to the alarm going off.
  17. Binksy

Heater blowing strange fault?

That's where you main fan is to blow the air around your car. It sounds like something has come off or lose take it apart have a look might be an easy fix. Might just need a new fan I'm sure that's where it is and it's easy to get to. Your pollen filter is also there but fitted from the other...
  18. Binksy

noisy start up

This could be your SAI "secondary Air Injection" This only kicks in when your coolant is 5c+ if its under this it will be your choke m8. The SAI is much louder than the standard choke so this may be that.
  19. Binksy

something special for my special little 1.4?

I feel for you m8. we all been there I paid like 900 on a 1.1 saxo when i was 23 :lol:. It will get cheaper m8 just don't have any accidents :lol:. I have full no claims which helps but I did have most asking for £650 + just have to look around too.
  20. Binksy

Leon Cupra mk1 Windows foggy, floors not wet?

If you don't have water leaks then you might need a new pollen filter as I don't have any water leaks and my pollen filter is like 1 month old and I'm always noticing how my car is so much clearer than most parked on my road :)