Search results

1. westy989

LCR stage 2 remapping

Hey guys, Last year I made the best decision which was to remap my LCR.. loved it ! Now I am debating getting a downpipe and sports cat to free up some more power and noise. I emailed AmD which is where I had my map done about a year ago. They said unless I get a bigger turbo intake...
  2. westy989

Symtoms of bad n75 valve ? 1.8t

Yeah it's an lcr, really randomly tonight it appeared to be running fine without me doing anything except I took the plug out of the N75 valve blew it out and plugged it back in. I'm going to replaced the valve cause I still feel like I'm getting intermittent powerloss. Don't really want to go...
  3. westy989

Symtoms of bad n75 valve ? 1.8t

I had mine mapped a couple of months ago, it had a new MAF at the same time as the remap. It ran fine for a few weeks then I get the whole spooling up to about 3-4 k then boost drops off then comes back. I just fitted a brand new forge 008 today had a little go with it and it's made it worse...
  4. westy989

Boost issue

Hey, I had my LCR remapped about a month or two ago no issues with it and so happy! But over the past few days I've now got a huge drop in boost then suddenly picks up again. So the turbo spools like normal and just before I'm about to get pinned to my seat there's a drop like the car...
  5. westy989

over 100k on clock, can i remap?

I've just been to Euro part asked for the best ones they had and they've given me bougicord ones are they decent ? He said they are the same as beru ones. They ****ing better be
  6. westy989

Am I OK to buy a set of genuine coil packs but standard ones, or should I be doing this 2.0T coilpack conversion ?
  7. westy989

I knew my fun wouldn't last for long... I have an engine light flashing and it loss of power very juddery and it sounds like I'm driving a scooby. In my eyes this would be a coil pack? I've never replaced a single one yet maybe the map has just ruined one ? I think I'm gunna buy a set of...
  8. westy989

God knows mate, ether way ita f**king fast, I just destroyed a focus St and I love my life ! Only regret in my head is why didn't I do it sooner ! Going to need some news brakes and tyres soon though
  9. westy989

They didn't mention anything about a boost leak, I assumed they would of picked that up. Figures were 260.8 bhp and 290torque. Was pretty happy with that ! It pulls like a train haha. Only performance mods I have are cone filter heatsheild and blue flame catback. Would love to decat it now
  10. westy989

It went from 220 as standard to 260 which I was happy with. My MAF was faulty and needed to be replaced which was a further £100 but to be honest I don't care lol, the car is so much faster ! Feels crazy lol I couldn't stop smiling. When I change up I do seem to get half a second of turbo lag...
  11. westy989

I'm booked in at AMD Essex Friday ✋ thanks lads
  12. westy989

Just had a look at them mate, it's a 3 hour drive each way for me! So AMD it is lol. Cheers for help though, would I be correct in thinking a service before hand is a good idea ?
  13. westy989

Yeah that's a true shout is the price the same at badger 5 ?
  14. westy989

Yeah that's a good deal mate, I've already got a blue flame catback fitted and can't afford the full system at the moment as much as I'd love it ! Just had look it's 300 for stage1 map and possible 65 for a new hose think **** it I'm gunna go for it.
  15. westy989

Essex is close to me so if you think they are the top boys that's fine with me. I'll drop them an email an enquire about it, will they set it up on rolling road etc etc rather than just a generic map I hope ? You got any idea on cost ?
  16. westy989

Thanks for the reply, is it possible to ask for a 'safe' map, as in I want more power but not the absolute maximum so my engine will blow? I am currently thinking Jabba sport in peterborough or would anyone recommend somewhere else ?
  17. westy989

Hey, I've had my LCR for 4 years now just recently been thinking about remapping it. The car has covered 104000 but I have equally spent about 5 grand in repair bills for her so other than the turbo there is not much which hasn't been replaced and I service it regularly. I think it had a hard...
  18. westy989

clutch slave problem? Leon Cupra R 225

bleeder valve leak Hey, I replaced the whole bleeder valve as I couldn't even find the O ring you mentioned in your earlier post. I had the exact same problem as you. I bought the bleeder valve and an o ring seperate got a mate of mine to fit it all and bleed the clutch, everything seemed...
  19. westy989

Clutch fluid leak problem, O ring needed?

Hi mate thanks for the reply, I have ordered a new bleeder valve and o ring as it was fairly cheap just cover all areas! Hopefully this will be the end of it, as long as I keep my fluid topped up the clutch seems fairly normal but I'm getting through brake fluid like there's no tomorrow...
  20. westy989

Clutch fluid leak problem, O ring needed?

Hey, I have a sticky clutch and recently noticed i am leaking fluid from right next to the clutch bleeder pipe. I saw in a very old post that this is an easy fix and i need to push the O-ring back into place. Before attempting this i wanted to buy a new one or even a new bleeder unit...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members