Search results

1. james.g

Bad stability

OK, interesting. If it's stable into a corner at high speed this inducates your rear tracking is OK. If you have uneven handling left to right you first off need to eliminate the possibility of misalignment of your front subframe - this will affect camber and caster between L & R. Wheel...
  2. james.g

What would you sell your cupra for?

Only 50Kg lighter than an M3! What's the point???
  3. james.g

True, Although it generally works better when she's fiddling with your knob and hanging on for dear life... In the passenger seat obviously.. :whistle:
  4. james.g

You could say something really inappropriate there!! :banned: :whistle: :bleh:
  5. james.g

Assume you're not referring the the silly money TTRS How much does the turbo conversion for the 3.2 cost? Good for over 400bhp i believe..?
  6. james.g

Hmm, I think the above is modest, since a TTRS would cost better part of £50k after you fit wheels, nav, interior, windows etc... I'd say that appears to be an excellent value package!
  7. james.g

I see VW have released the Golf R. £30k base price which means £37k on the road. That is a stupid ammount of money!! You'd have to be a blinkered Golf fanatic to part cash with one - at least from new... Aparently not that much fun to drive either. Safe to assume the Golf R won't be on...
  8. james.g

It is indeed :think: I'll stick with the MPS for the time being though. May be tempted by something more exotic in a couple of years. :)
  9. james.g

Aah. Thar you go. I could swap my morgage for a Ferrari and have change so all is explained. Of course, living in a Ferrari would present certain issues. Where would you keep your pants? (Socks go in the glovebox obviously)
  10. james.g

:lol: What he said!! Not that there's anything wrong with manlove per-se, it's just a serious lifestyle choice for a normal bloke...
  11. james.g

:lol: :lol: :lol: :whistle:
  12. james.g

Well, if you're going to copy anyone's stying, Alfa is the one to go for. Just been looking over the old Alfa SZ (discussion on another forum) and my god i love that car. Proper drivers car. So ugly it's beautiful. Alfa's brilliant 3 litre V6 in a RWD rocket set up by the FIAT group race and...
  13. james.g

If you're considering Porsche, there are lots of tuning options available to support all the race series. Downer is the expense!! But if you're considering a Cayman S, why not a Z4M? Neither are that pretty! I envy you the choice and i'm sure whatever you get will be excellent fun!!
  14. james.g

This is more or less what a TT RS will cost when you add options like windows, seats and wheels... So you wouldn't have a Corvette Z06 then? Clearly lapping the ring in 7.22 is just too damn slow. ;) Even if you go to the cost of fitting an LSD in a Cupra, you're still struggling as soon...
  15. james.g

TT RS is a coupe and by defenition not a jack of all trades. What about the VXR8 then? I'm not a VX fan by any means, but that looks like a hell of a lot of fun - even if it's not quite as refined as an RS4, or as clinical as an M3 it does handle very very well. Ideal for the Pod or for...
  16. james.g

Best get a Monaro VXR 500 then. Easy and relatively cheap to tune to silly power. Live axle and unrefined handling but if what you say above is true, that doesn't matter.
  17. james.g

Doesn't mean much if it's just in a straight line. If that's what turns you on (and from your previous posts it clearly isn't) you may as well get a yank muscle car Goes back to those ring times!!
  18. james.g

Actually, just thought; i've never actually seen a ring time for a Cupra - either standard or modified. Anyone know different??
  19. james.g

Disagree. All the negatives make it a worse car overall, even though it may be faster / better handling - that is if you like the BMW version of handling (i don't) which is shocking as soon as you get off smooth A roads. I've tried a lot of BMWs and the only one i've truly enjoyed was the E92...
  20. james.g

Whats the law on fitting daytime running lights?

You're absolutely 100% right! The really uninteresting thing is that in 1989 VLR (incorporating 2005 amendment) there is actually no strict requirement on bulb wattage, and there is actually little difference in light output between a 5W halogen sidelight and 21W tungsten. As for daylight...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members