Search results

1. Random ACC question

I just gave back my lease MkX Civic and replaced with ‘19 Leon ST FR. The ACC is one of the things I really miss tbh although otherwise the Leon is a much more engaging drive. It (and the LKAS) are only of any real value on longer motorway hauls though. Probably actually dangerous if you...
  2. All season or winter tyres?

I ran a set of Nokian Weatherproofs on a Mini Cooper Clubman last winter. I live in the sticks out between Huddersfield and Penistone and I need to leave before any gritters etc have been in the morning, working crazy shifts. I didn’t miss a single day and drove through all the snow happily...
  3. EVO 1.5 130bhp engine

I’m coming at this from a slightly different angle, I’m trying to choose between the 130 and 150 with both new as staff benefit type deals (weird mashup of lease and company car) So far as I can see the consumption looks more or less identical, there’s about 10mph and a big chunk of torque in...
  4. 99 V CupraSport GTi 8v - scrap or sell?

Hi, been off the board for a while and now running a different car. My old (c165k but almost unmolested and generally good condition) Ibiza has spent most if the last 15 months sorned and sitting in the garage. I've come to decide I'm really not going to put her back on the road myself...
  5. Headlights for Cupra?

Gr. Sorry to post a 'where can i...' but I've just spent a big chunk of morning hunting the interwebs and I'm coming up blank. My Cupra Sport needs an OS lamp for its mot, and it's got the less usual but standard twin bulb in standard square casing units not the single h4 ones. I'm...
  6. PAS Rack replacement?

Usual car, 2.0 8V AGG 99 Cupra Sport. I've got a leak on the rack, it's from a screw on the upper edge just above the union near the centre of the rack. Unsure if I'll be able to tweak this and rectify (advice on this welcome also) but failing: How much of a pig is rack replacement with...
  7. diagnostics port!

I think there's only one thing that the ODBII cable will actually plug into. As a note, I've found with mine (and I think this is normal apart from the super expesive cables) that you need to tweak the settings of the virtual serial port in Windows to get VagCom to actually read the cable?
  8. handling?

Um, an 8" wheel is pretty massive. How much power are you rocking? I suspect that you'll lose more power than the extra grip is worth in friction running rubber that wide (to say nothing of unsprung mass in the wheel/tyre: this is bad because it's extra weight in the first place and also out...
  9. Say someone was an idiot.....

Those locking wheel nut removers aren't that hard to find. Just off base may be even cheaper than machine mart if you can wait for internet delivery. Most decent car shops will have some, possibly out of sight, for those who ask nicely. Oversize sockets hammered on can work, but given that you...
  10. handling?

11. handling?

I've got Avon zv3's in 185x60x14 on Scirocco Montreal 'bottle tops' as my winter wheels right now. Sidewalk flex is much more noticeable than with the 195x45x16 Yokie S Drives I normally run on the 20VTs. That said, it's not all bad, and certainly perfectly drivable. Personally I'd say the 60's...
  12. You Know You have a mk2 Ibiza When........

Being picky, it's not all Polo... (depends on model)... Mine has a whacking great lump of Golf in the bonnet and some fair sized chunks of Golf around the back end too. But yeah, some ppl just compare anything VAG against a Golf...
  13. handling?

No worries. I asked my bro about braces when I got the car off him as they are a real plus on the fords I used to abuse. He reckoned that when the mk2's were newer and more common on track days the feeling was that there were plenty better things to do than fit strut braces as they didn't have...
  14. Strange Electrical Issue.

Just to muddy... My GTi Cupra Sport doesn't have air con though I believe it was an option. I believe a sunroof was also an option. Drivers airbag only thus leaving glovebox free to fill with changer... :) interior all cloth with GTi on the seats, leccy windows, pop out rear quarters. It does...
  15. Oil temp

I've been rocking 10/60 castrol edge for a while now in my 8v. Hottest I've seen was around 114 I think driving in q manner I really shouldn't have been on my way to Inters 2010, and again it was hot. Think I'm around 75-85 after a couple of legal motorway hours right now. Bear in mind the...
  16. handling?

Some interesting looking kit on Whiteline, never used them myself mind... Looks like Australia from website. I found europerformance to be very helpful and got the best deal I could haggle there...
  17. handling?

If the cordy's like the beezer in this respect you may find 195x16x45 a better solution than the 17's My bro ran these very competitively with Koni ssk adjustable rate track dampers (usually on minimum setting) - bright yellow damper with blue spring - with no further mods other than a bolt in...
  18. droplinks?

No worries... :)
  19. droplinks?

The various rubbers and washers for the drops between the arb and lower arms are part of a kit with the droplink eye bolt itself unless you're shopping VAG original. You can usually pick them up under a tenner on fleabay, or possibly euro carp parts ... Last time I looked about a year ago...
  20. Loss of power/not running

Glad you got sorted! I had a minor nightmare over the crank sensor year before last, which is why i now believe nothing that fault codes tell me unless I've worked through the system and checked everything else that can be checked first. My take is that while fault codes can be useful...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.