Search results

1. Are dsg's really worth it?

Mines had 2 oil changes and it's only on 27,000, still pulling away like a learner driver :lol:
  2. Are dsg's really worth it?

I'm going through exactly the same - I have the 2.0 TFSI. The temperature sensor in the mechatronic unit fails and causes jerky pulling away. Luckily mines under warranty. That's on the 6 speed box with a wet clutch. The 7 speed new unit is a dry clutch and should be more reliable :rofl:
  3. 63 plate Cupra remap

Sounds like he's upped figures to sell maps I'd go to P-Torque
  4. 63 plate Cupra remap

I'd go with P-Torque if you're already in Wolverhampton
  5. Alloys for Bocanegra?

I like them but don't think they'd look good on the stark white of the boc
  6. Alloys for Bocanegra?

I'm not really of a fan of my black alloys, never have been just bought it with them. I quite like the white offerings of 3SDM and Team Dynamics but does white look stupid on white if it doesn't match? What aftermarket alloys have you got?
  7. Private Plates

Get as little characters as possible! Don't know your surname but something like this? http://postimg.org/image/bolzq0iy7/
  8. 1.4TSI Pro's & con's

I've not really heard of any problems, most engine replacements have happened under warranty already, you'd be pretty unlucky
  9. Bocanegra Brakes

Jaytiz - definitely go for it, £260 fitted is a steal I'm moving house and have holidays booked etc. atm I just want something cheap & quick so I can stop squealing everywhere I go, when that's all over I will either start modding this or get something else
  10. Are dsg's really worth it?

I have had no issues in 11,000 miles, car at 43k now. Friend had Polo GTi from new > 80k mileage and had no issues either. If you're unsure why not purchase warranty that would cover it?
  11. Bocanegra Brakes

The brakes are in need of replacing, I don't fancy the full on 312mm upgrade Can anyone recommend the standard size but upgraded? Thanks,
  12. Boca Remap & DSG?

Thanks, good to hear, If anyone has a graph of their map it would be useful to see when you're going over the rating.
  13. Boca Remap & DSG?

I know there must be tonnes of this covered already but I can't find it via search Has anyone had issues with DSG after remapping the 1.4 TSi I've seen on the new Polo they rated the gearbox at 184lbs/ft, my vote goes that it's the same gearbox? I'm in Newbury, Berkshire if you know...
  14. Cupra DSG

I've got one of the first Boca delivered and my engine doesn't use any oil, I check regularly as I heard 1L per 1,000 miles DSG can be heard fluttering sometimes when windows are open but no actual issues
  15. Seat Newbie needing advice

The extended warranty plans aren't exactly expensive but offer peace of mind, just continue that after the 12 months and enjoy the car (:
  16. Anyone seen this tinting film before?

Flyeye is legal AFAIK and it's the same sort of design
  17. Anyone seen this tinting film before?

It's sort of a chequered pattern similar to flyeye or something Unfortunately the previous owner missed the reflectors at the bottom on rear bumper and it looks a bit silly, does anyone know where I could pick up some more?
  18. Seat Ibiza Cupra TSI vs. New Fiesta ST

I went to Ford HQ in Dagenham back in Nov 2011 and saw the torque graphs etc. for the Fiesta ST Since it uses a twin scroll turbo it also has a very wide powerband, pretty much max torque from around 1500rpm
  19. Cupra

I've never heard a bad word said about KW, apart from the price
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.