Search results

1. sick2death

powerflex wishbone / anti roll bush

Just spoke to Simon @ Formula One, bit of confusion over the ARB. 100% 18mm? 03 LCR. Cheers.
  2. sick2death

thanks for the replies guys, will give Formula One a go.
  3. sick2death

Hi Guys, I am about to buy this kit : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERFLEX-SUSPENSION-BUSHES-BUSH-KIT-LEON-MK1-CUPRA-R-/230488829050?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35aa346c7a I have to specify if: Front wishbone front bush is 30mm or 45mm and Front anti roll bar bush is...
  4. sick2death

overheating

arse! I was kindof hoping someone would ocme along and say... "no, didn't you realise theres a button under the dash, which when flicked, will cure your overheating woes, whilst at the same time replace your door seals, and make your front splitter completley resistant to speed bumps"...
  5. sick2death

overheating

Hi Guys, On the way to work yesterday the temp gauge flashed and beeped at me. I checked the coolant which was a little low, so I topped it up with about 1/4 ltr of water. Today, on the shortest of short trips, the gauage was going from 90-red light. Its never gone over 90 in its life, and...
  6. sick2death

advice needed please - what to fix??!

Ive got a freind who can possibly do it, but im struggling with parts... so far ive got: Suspension bearings: http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=14167&xSec=355 Suspension ball joint: http://www.vwspares.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=803 suspension bushes...
  7. sick2death

thanks for all the replies guys. Thinking about it, the car was serviced not 7 months ago, by the same garage. No mention then of any issues. So I cant see the brakes going form "not worth mentioning" to "require immediate attention" in under 7 months / 2.5k miles. Unfortunatley, I am...
  8. sick2death

Hi Guys, I had my 03 LCR back from the stealers for its MOT, as they had an offer on, and cost very little. Anyway, whilst it passed, they have flagged up quite a few problems, so here goes: These items require your urgent attention: - rear discs/drums corroded £261.98 - suspension...
  9. sick2death

New LCR owner!

can i be cheeky and ask what you paid for it? :)
  10. sick2death

Tapping noise from the engine of a Cupra?!

Probably the charcoal filter. They all seem to tick, quite normal.
  11. sick2death

removing soundproofing?

Thanks for the reply, I read somewhere about risk to the paintwork from heat? Does it act as a heatshield aswell or shouldnt I be worried? :think:
  12. sick2death

removing soundproofing?

Was thinking of removing the soundproofing on my LCR's bonnet. Is this a common thing to do? Is it a bit noisy without?
  13. sick2death

Cold air feed

I fitted my induction kit a few weeks ago, but being in a rush, never put the cold air feed in. I was playing around with it last night, trying to decide where to put it... does anyone have any recommendations/pics? ive seen it going to the foglight which would be ideal, but from reading...
  14. sick2death

DV relocation kit

Well, Ive had a couple of hoses fail recently, so that was part of my thinking. Also noticed that the DV seems pretty hot. Mostly though i was hoping it would tidy things up under the bonnet a bit, as it looks like an octopus orgy at the moment!
  15. sick2death

DV relocation kit

Im considering buying one of these kits from Forge, Ive looked at the fitting guide on their website, but being thick as I am, was wondering if there wre any guides with more pictures to make it easier to follow? Ideally with an aftermarket TIP fitted. What do you guys who've done it think...
  16. sick2death

yellow faded paint?

It was a ball park figure, although the bloke who owns the company is a family freind, so (hopefully) he'd do me a good deal. I suppose if i knew I was going to keep the car for a long time I would do it, but bearing in mind im on high miles, and will probably only have it for another couple...
  17. sick2death

yellow faded paint?

Someone posted they had it done for £800. I went to a local proffesional spray company, and the guy gave me a "ball park figure" of £1800. If I could get it done for £800 I would, but as much as I love my LCR, I cant justify £1800
  18. sick2death

yellow faded paint?

My yellow lcr (as most do) also suffers from paint fade on the obvious areas... fuel cap, spolier etc. I did price up a re-spray but it was just way too expensive for me at the moment. Would is be possible to respray the non-faded areas, to match the faded ones? To make it less obvious...
  19. sick2death

cd player out

You need these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC5-93-Seat-Ibiza-Alhambra-Leon-Stereo-Release-Keys_W0QQitemZ160347610573QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item2555765dcd to fit a new sterreo you will need a new fascia surround as the standard sterreo is wider than after market ones, also...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members