Search results

1. Ross's Altea Freetrack 4 TSi

Am I the only one in the UK with a red (Emocion Red) Freetrack? I have always liked the contrast between the solid red of the main body and the grey of the bumpers and extended arches. The darker-coloured Freetracks are difficult to spot unless parked near a standard XL, so the lighter...
  2. Need Freetrack Help.....getting Desperate!

It sounds like the prop shaft may need more than a visual check. If it's out of true, this may be so subtle as to not be visible but have the effect you're describing when at speed. After all, at speed, the shaft is spinning very quickly and even a small deviation from tolerence might not be...
  3. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

Come on, Matt. Tell us about your car!! What colour, age, mileage etc? How/ when did SWMBO change her mind? ;) Cheers, Steve
  4. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

Do you have the little oval panel on the bumper below each headlamp? If so, the washer fluid should come out of the washers, hiding behind the oval panel when the windscreen washers are operated AND THE HEADLAMPS ARE ON. Did you try the washers with the headlamps on (dipped or main beam)...
  5. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

Hi, don't recall ever seeing a Freetrack without headlamp washers. Certainly, they appear as standard spec on the brochure I've got. Hope that helps, Steve
  6. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

Hi Matt, You haven't seen my commute to work!!! ;) Yes, not for the first time, I've made a typo in a post! :) Yep, I do, regularly beat 40 mpg as an average over my 10.5 mile journey to work. I can beat 40mph too, sometimes at the same time!! :D I'd strongly suggest that you...
  7. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

Hi Matt, Since I posted my reply, I've been on eBay and there's a white Freetrack for sale in White City, London. There's one interior picture there which gives oyu a much more realistic idea of how the brown looks in natural light, not a studio. Hop on to eBay and search for freetrack...
  8. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

Hi Matt, I couldn't get the first image to work but the second one did. I can honestly say the Freetrack interior is NOT the 'in your face' toffee shade of brown shown in that photo. It's a far more subtle, darker brown. I was a little concerned myself, before buying my car, but the...
  9. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

Greetings All, Hadn't been on the Forum for ages and surprised myself that I hadn't visited since November 2011! Ooops!! The Freetrack is still going strong, had a slight issue early in the spring with the engine management light coming on, coupled with the cruise control not working...
  10. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

Hi Dave, Welcome to the community! You won't find many Freetracks on the road as there are only about 500 or so on the roads in the UK according to the website 'howmanyleft', and some Freetracks are tricky to spot, when the paintwork colour is similar to the bumpers! The Haldex system is...
  11. freetrack diesel stalling on the odd occasion

Will, Can I suggest what's been referred to as 'An Italian Test Drive', in other words, giving the throttle some beans and changing up at or near the red line? I found my Freetrack idling over 1000 rpm one day last week and tried the Italian Test Drive technique did the business - back...
  12. Not so regular usage

Rllmuk, Back to your original query, I'd recommend getting a battery charger that keeps the battery charge topped up when the car is not used for long periods. Don't use a 'normal' battery charger for extended periods, or the battery won't survive. A modern battery charger designed for...
  13. Variants?

Yep, all Freetracks are XL bodies, but there's no badging to confirm this! We get ALTEA4 with a smaller 'Freetrack' badge on the bootlid instead of ALTEAXL. I think I'm right in saying the Freetrack is the only XL model with a cargo net across the car above the rear seats :confused:. I'm...
  14. Calling all Freetrack Owners

Hi Kinjamin, The yellow low fuel warning light comes on more quickly in the Freetrack than the standard XL models due to it's slightly thirstier nature. I haven't got the Handbook to hand to confirm the difference in litres but there is one. Off the top of my head I couldn't say what...
  15. Freetrack vibrations and rattles :(

Hi sxtrail, Sorry to hear your Freetrack is vibrating so much. I presume you have had the wheels balanced? Always useful to start with the cheap and easy issues first! Do let us know how you get on with the Haldex bearings. :blink: Cheers, Steve
  16. Update on ECU

Hi, I had my Freetrack serviced last week and had the ECU updated F.O.C at the same time (car is still in warranty). This was to sort out a DPF issue, so probably the same update as you, silverman. I haven't noticed a change in performance since the service, but I haven't been looking for...
  17. New altea owner, just a few issues!

Keir, you're right about the wipers being speed sensitive, as when on the auto setting, they will stop or go to a longer intermittent setting when you're at a junction! Never been totally sold out on that feature, but hey! The wipers will go to the faster speed automatically if the rain is...
  18. Coming home lights....am I doing something wrong ?

Hi Nik, With my Freetrack, if I leave the lights on the 'Automatic' setting, they will stay on as you describe, but won't come on automatically when you unlock or open the door. They do come back on when the key's in the ignition.... if it's dark enough to warrant them being on. Of...
  19. Clock Question

I tried a similar approach. A trip to Tesco at the weekend and some low-tech blue tac and I now have a nice analogue clock sitting on my dash with its own lighting for night time use. Press and the light comes on. Not the tidiest solution but it works fine. Would have preferred the...
  20. no cruise control light on altea fr tdi

Hi Lelilo, When test driving some Altea XLs before deciding on the Freetrack, I noted there wasn't a cruise control light on the dash on some cars. I questioned it with the sales guy who had seen lights on soem Seats but not an 07 XL Stylance 170 we were driving at the time. No explanation...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.