Search results

1. fredt

strange rear wiper!!!!

first off check the condition of the cables in the loom to the rear hatch before paying out for fgoc membership :birdy: information is given freely at other owners forums so why pay for it?
  2. fredt

seat alhambra has a second battery under drivers seat

i take you have a TDI? with the secondary heater unit underneath the car, the battery was part of the system to run this unit via the timer in the digi clock and not flatten the main battery
  3. fredt

headlamp washer jets

from memory there are two pumps on the washer bottle, one for the front and rear screen and one for the head light jets, this pump has one outlet that then tee's off to the two washer jets if the pump is running? then either you have a blockage in the washer bottle (guaze filter in washer...
  4. fredt

Fitting new stereo in 97 bamma?

you either need an amp bypass cable or the correct iso cable to connect the new head unit to the oe loom and a power lead for the aerial lead as there is an in line amp thats fed from the original head unit but isnt from the after market one...
  5. fredt

alhambra side steps

http://www.autostylinguk.co.uk/side-bars-stainless-cobra-with-steps-alhambra-sharan-galaxy2-v1157-p-15188.html http://www.4x4styling.com/Cars/Ford/Gal_E.htm
  6. fredt

parking sensor problems

either you have a sensor gone down? or the ecu has gotten wet? the ecu is under the front passenger seat and can get wet from a couple of places! check the scuttle drains? or the rear washer jet hose joint? to check the sensors I'm told that if you listen to the them as you pass your hand over...
  7. fredt

Chuddering Issue

if the belt fails you loose the AC, the alternator and the power steering, when econ is shown it means the AC is off and the compressor is not spinning and causing extra load on the engine and screwing up your mpg up hence econ mode :) the clutches are know to fail and are replaceable if you...
  8. fredt

Chuddering Issue

how exactly would a faulty pressure switch cause the problem? and econ turns the ac off hence the loss of the juddering! I would suggest your ac compressor is screwed? and is locking up and the aux drive belt is trying to turn it and slipping on the pully hence the juddering and the near...
  9. fredt

looking for a back box

yep, I have one kicking around the garage but! I dont think its what your looking for :D and willing to pay :blink: http://i17.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/f7/85/c9c0_1.JPG http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/f7/85/ed67_1.JPG http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/f7/85/d69f_1.JPG
  10. fredt

Where is the horn?

on the cross member in front of the rad behind the bumper, IIRC it's a bumper off job? couple of fixings in the wheel arches and then two more behind the number plate, although it may be possible to get to it via the hole in between the head lights after you've taken the head light trim/grill...
  11. fredt

How to remove the dash board???

yep it's a total dash out job! both halves as well! top and bottom, and the wiper mech out as some of the bolts holding it on are in the scuttle area under the screen and on the fire wall IIRC? take a look on ebay for a Ford TIS cd ;) on that you will find all the info you need to give your...
  12. fredt

MAF sensor gone..... I think

I take it then you have a single point system? you could alway just leave the jubilee clip undone on the hose from the throttle body, this has been known to allow the back fire to blow the hose off and not get as far as the air box/MAF but as you say once the system is set up it shouldnt...
  13. fredt

Broken gearbox mounting

gearbox mount? most likely the engine roll restrictor? if as the dealer says this was damaged by contact! you would probably need a new engine under tray as this mount sits way above this, possibly a new exhaust and sump! even with mine slammed so low that the drive shafts pointed uphill to the...
  14. fredt

Alhambra 1998 Auto Petrol

On the rear of the gear box sump is a cut out with a tube in the recessed section, this is the fluid level check/drain pipe, this a two section device, the lower section, the first part you undo is the level check section, with the fluid up to temperature (35/45C a quick spin round the block...
  15. fredt

Revo hopefully this Wednesday

go for it! is it a full on remap or a plug'n'play jobbie? any chance of before and after figures? there is always a big thing about chipping Tdi's [:@] on whether not it's a good thing? about mpg losses/gains, reliability issues! and the unanswered question of why do Tdi owner rave on about how...
  16. fredt

Revo hopefully this Wednesday

Darth Womble (Womble III)150bhp Derv Astra Twin Top in Black ....... I hope thats the wifes or is there some info you'd like to share with us sweetie : :gay:
  17. fredt

Check (Door) Strap on rear Passenger door

you will need to remove the door card to gain access to the check strap, although all the fixings are all outside the door the check strap is mounted inside the door cavity three bolts, two hold the strap to the door, the third is the pivot pin mounted on the B post, you will also need a new...
  18. fredt

help with indicators

IIRC? the indicators and the hazards are two seperate switching circuits, as in both systems have their own set of relays, as it's only the indicators that are not working on both sides? then either as you say the stalk is U/S, but you have replaced that, the fuse/s has/have blown? or you have...
  19. fredt

clutch/gearbox

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/SHA/1999/162/51/1889226/ number one is the roll restrictor
  20. fredt

clutch/gearbox

did you replace a gearbox/engine mount bolt? or the roll restrictor bolt? which is a fairly common breakage and cause the problems your describing!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members