Search results

1. weird whining noise

I have the exact same thing with my other halfs fr tdi which is on a 56 plate. I took it to my local garage the other day as it had the engine management light come on and a loss of boost. They had a look at it for me and it chucked up 2 fault codes one of which was turbo mechinical fault. The...
  2. Help - Black or white FR?

I have 2 black frs but I would have preferred white as I think it just makes the car stand out.
  3. Lack of Leon FR's in garages in my area

What area are you in? What would you prefer diesel or petrol?
  4. CUPRA R 6 WEEKS OF ownership

Hi ya I'm glad your loving the cupra r. I came from a scooby to an fr tdi and I have to say I found the build quality to be fantastic. I test drove a cupra r the other day and I was well impressed so hopefully in the next 3 or 4 months I'll be getting one. Did you get yours brand new or used?
  5. Lean fr tdi - high mileage. To buy or not?

I had a 57 plate fr tdi and it had 110k on the clock when I sold it and it still ran like it had done half that amount. I have seen frs on the market with 170k on the clock and still running fine. These engines do look like they are good for high mileage
  6. FR not wanting to start

Im sorry to mention the dreaded words but here I go Injector problems would be my guess very common on the pd engine. It sounds similar to how my old pd went as I had a leaky injector which sort of flooded the engine causing it not to start easily. Also a loss of power (felt like it was holding...
  7. Good price?

that sounds pretty reasonable to me.
  8. Front grill?

defiantly not as the face lift model is completely different.
  9. Leon FR 170 57 plate help

Hi ya, You are definitely being screwed over on the car insurance as when I was 24 I had a scooby 250bhp and that only cost £450 fully comp. As is mentioned you have the pd 170 engine and if you want any upgrades for it your best bet is to contact jbs in chesterfield as they do a remap and...
  10. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

:think: :confused: The cr engines do not have this fault as far as im aware!
  11. Loss of power anyone know!

I had to pay for the injector as it was just before the injector issures started to raise its head. I bought it from sere motors and had my local garage fit it as it cost a good £150 less then seat wanted. Im not saying its not your turbo but its a bit strange that you havent had any smoke...
  12. Loss of power anyone know!

I took my car to 3 different garages and all of them said the car was not throwing up any fault codes accept for dpf issure.(due to delete and remap) I then took the car to jbs who ran the car on they computers for around an hour and they found my injector no3 I think, was leaking and that was...
  13. Loss of power anyone know!

Have you had any injector problems yet as your symptoms sound very similar to how my old 57 plate car went through.
  14. Loss of power anyone know!

Is it petrol or diesel?
  15. High mileage Leon fr tdi

my previous leon was a 57plate it had covered 104k and was still running like new to be honest. These engines can just keep going and going if services are done when they should be.
  16. leon cr fr tdi 170..problems from new!!

I have had my cr for about a month and a half now and I have had no problems so far. The car has done 32000 miles and the previous owner said they hadnt had any problems either. The cr is alot smoother and refined then the old pd engine.
  17. Injectors, where to buy? which ones?

I got my replacement one from sere motors as they are cheaper then any uk seat dealer. Make sure you send the old ones back as you will save £100 an injector. Did you try contacting a dealer or seat uk to find out if you can claim for faulty injectors?
  18. Engine problem? turbo? help?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=268033 Take a look at this thread. I had my dpf removed and a delete remap done. I had the same issures as yourself and presumed it was dpf related. It got progressively worse afterwards and I had the car put on 3 different garages computers and...
  19. Engine problem? turbo? help?

Not sure I was told the smoke was because the injectors were putting out to much diesel and that causes blue whitish smoke. A new injector will set you back around £650 then fitting around £150. I would look at the injector problem pages on the forum also contact seat and se if you can claim...
  20. Engine problem? turbo? help?

I hate to say it mate but I suspect injector problems as thats how my old car reacted. You will probably find one of your injectors are slightly leaking which could be causing the blue/whitish smoke.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.