Search results

1. Interior door handle

My Drivers side handle has gone the same in the last week and I think is because the bottom pivot has worn a little!!! and to rectify the problem I just push the R.H.side of the handle "Inwards" a little and pull the handle as normal.Works so far but this could be a weak point!!!! ,not...
  2. Ibiza 1.2Tsi engine rattle on startup

I had a similar noise on my engine at 4500 miles and it turned out to be the Timing Chain,fortunately my chain jumped a cog and was stationary when it happened so I ended up with £700 repair job instead of a new engine if it had happened whilst driving!!!!!!! Bocawata.
  3. Please read: Precations to stop timing chain jumping after oil change

I had timing chain failure at 45,000 miles and again it was three days after the service!!!,what is going on when here we are discussing about"leaving some old oil in the sump" and "only draining the oil when its cold"!!!, this 2014 for heavens sake when engines if any thing should be more...
  4. Please read: Precations to stop timing chain jumping after oil change

I read Lucifers Thread with interest as its almost exactly what happened to me in my "Thread " in December about my Timing Chain slipping and being unable to start the car. My incidence happened 3 days after my oil change at 44000 mile service and without any warning!!!. but I think there was...
  5. 7-speed DSG Oil Change /Upgrade

Hi, I am confused !!!, Are you saying that the 7 Speed Gear Box on our Bocanegra,s is not the DSG DQ200 and therefore doesn,t require the OIL UPGRADE as mentioned in the earlier post above!!! Looking forward to peoples comments as I,m not sure !!! Bocawata.
  6. Fahrenheit to Celsius

I think Desmond is asking not for the mathematical solution but how to change the display!!! from Deg; F to Deg; C Bocawata.
  7. Best autobox fluid for dsg Ibiza bocanegra?

See my reference to Dsg Gearbox UPGRADE and I would get in touch with THE SEAT GARAGE and ask to be contacted when they get the go ahead to do the UPGRADE as they call it !!! They won,t go running after OWNERS as its a PRECAUTIONARY Measures rather than a RECALL!!!. Bocawata.
  8. 7-speed DSG Oil Change /Upgrade

If your not the original Owner then you will possibly not get notification but I would visit the Seat Garage which originally sold the car( Handstamp in Pre Delivery section of Service Book) and tell them your the present Owner and to contact you when they get the "Go Ahead". I think Seat will...
  9. 7-speed DSG Oil Change /Upgrade

I would imagine that once the Synthetic Oil has been replaced with Mineral Oil it will be "For Life" as the problem is a chemical reaction between Sulphur in the Syth; Oil and an Inorganic Heat Stabiliser in the Plastic parts of the Mechatronic Unit causing corrosion which can lead to short...
  10. 7-speed DSG Oil Change /Upgrade

The item above was taken out of Volkswagen,s own magazine this month February and it says the UPGRADE to be initiated during the "First Quarter of 2014". So possibly Seat Dealers haven,t been informed yet , I will therefore give them a few weeks to possibly get the info or for Volkswagen /...
  11. 7-speed DSG Oil Change /Upgrade

A Neighbour has given me a copy of an article he has read in February 2014 VOLKSWAGEN DRIVER Magazine which states the following, " To ensure customer satisfaction, Volkswagen has launched a GLOBAL campaign and its REQUESTING ALL CUSTOMERS with a 7-SPEED DUAL- clutch DSG DQ200 Gearbox fitted...
  12. Boca engine failure 45000 miles!!!

Back on the road I am pleased to say that I have the car back on the road and I think I was very luck that the Timing Chain jumped a cog whilst stationary!! I shudder to think what would have been the damage and even worse what it would have cost!!!. In the end it was a New Timing Chain kit...
  13. Boca engine failure 45000 miles!!!

Last weekend I had the unfortunate experience of my 2010 Boca failing to start after stopping for 10 mins to go shopping. This car had just been serviced and MOT,d (45000 miles) and nothing had shown up as being unusual . called out AA and right away he diagnosed a possible problem with the...
  14. Wonky Cupra badge

I had the same problem on my Bocanegra,guess the men at Seat in Spain are not that bothered that cars leave with things like this on their models!!! I am reliably told that a small amount of hear from a hair drier softens the adhesive they use and you can then straighten the offending letter...
  15. Condensation in ibiza 1.4 sport

Turn your recirculation off and your problem will disappear or at the least will be greatly reduced!!! your are recycling your breath and all the moisture within the car instead of replenishing with warmed fresh air . I wonder how much energy your saving having your system on...
  16. Stonechips :(

Sorry but you will have to just get used to finding stone chips on your paint work, these days, car manufactures use a water based paint I believe and it doesn,t have the resistance that cars of say ten years ago had. I was lucky enough to own a SEAT CUPRA 11 years ago in Yellow, had it two...
  17. Grrr so unreliable!!!

I agree with you JonnyT30,when I read all the problems people are having with there cars I think is disgusting the way Seat and their Dealers are dealing with it. These failings in the Engine and Gearbox must be costing them a fortune and it is not helping their reputation,I was always led to...
  18. supercharger slipping?!

Hi Craigd, Thanks for your reply about the Supercharger!!and after reading your version of what happened I,m even more convinced that my Supercharger is NOT working and to make matters worse I don,t think it has EVER worked as I get have average acceleration up to about 3000rpm then the car...
  19. Knackered Bocanegra

I can,t believe that so many people are having problems with their Seat Ibiza cars ,be it FR,s Cupra,s or Boc,s. Something is sadly going amiss at the factory where these cars are assembled in Spain,where is the Quality Control!!! where is the VW reputation/build quality that we were led to...
  20. Oil Consumption 1 Week 1 Ltr

If you look on the recent Thread "Tyre Pressure Monitoring" you will see that this subject has been brought up and comments passed!!! Bocawata.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.