Search results

1. SkimpyWan

Very annoying problem with passenger door.

I'd take the door card off and check the internal mechanism is working and nothing has broken / come unattached Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  2. SkimpyWan

No brake lights (except high level), no reversing light, two dash lights.

No drama. Glad it sorted it ... It happened to mine in the middle of the cotswold whilst "having some fun" and thought I'd killed the car! Lol Sent ... using the force!!
  3. SkimpyWan

Let me know if it did sort the problem. Sent ... using the force!!
  4. SkimpyWan

Any joy sorting it? Sent ... using the force!!
  5. SkimpyWan

That I can't remember, sorry. I was first change the brake light lamps and then maybe also check reversing lights (if the brake lights work and turn the dash lights back off then it's coincidental). Sent ... using the force!!
  6. SkimpyWan

I'm sure I had the same symptoms and replaced both lamps and all was okay! Sent ... using the force!!
  7. SkimpyWan

Check both brake lights lamps are actually working and then the TCS should go out .. from memory Sent ... using the force!!
  8. SkimpyWan

Are my tires too small?!

Hi, I have P-zero*Nero*205/45*ZR*16*83W all around on my 1.9tdi fr Sent ... using the force!!
  9. SkimpyWan

PD 130 ASZ falling MPG

Even at 70 I get the same results, so I'll keep on rolling!! Sent ... using the force!!
  10. SkimpyWan

PD 130 ASZ falling MPG

As said before the colder mornings / days, road conditions, inclines, wind etc all add up to using more fuel Sent ... using the force!!
  11. SkimpyWan

PD 130 ASZ falling MPG

I'd bite your hand off with that mpg ... 80mph (or slightly over) and I get approximately 45mpg showing on my display for a 135 mile run! Sent ... using the force!!
  12. SkimpyWan

Parrot :)

Any chance of a link to the photos as they're not displayed in your RR?
  13. SkimpyWan

Rear passenger footwell soaking ...

I saw that too. Not sure where you could hire on from thought?
  14. SkimpyWan

As stated earlier in this thread (I think), mine start as just the rear footwell but due to the front footwell's sound deadening having a plastic top layer it's actually soaked there as well. I'll be of to Seat tomorrow to see if I can find a part that's missing under the scuttle pan.
  15. SkimpyWan

So after having the whole of the passenger side interior out today I've cut the sound deadening out and removed them, along with about 2 litres of water. The water appears to be coming in from the heater matrix inlet hole (under the scuttle cover and the further plastic cover). As the scuttle...
  16. SkimpyWan

Once it's stopped raining as hard I think I'll have a go at pouring water around the side windows and front scuttle, but at the moment I'm perplexed as all if the other trim seems dry.
  17. SkimpyWan

Oh and I've already read all of the scuttle pan and rear washer threads etc to see if these were possibly related, but the front of the car is bone dry and the rear washer works fine / doesn't smell of screen wash.
  18. SkimpyWan

Just arrived home to find my rear passenger footwell is a puddle. I can't see any other parts of the car that are wet, so not sure where to look first. Any ideas? I think I'll start off by taking out the rubber grommet from under the car to drain it but then I need to find the source.
  19. SkimpyWan

DIY Service Guide: Fuel Filter, Oil+Oil Filter, Pollen Filter, Air Filter + MAF Clean

I'm looking at getting the PELA PL-6000 as the sump plug as started to round on mine (according to the garage that did the last service). I know plugs can be a problem if they have been overtightened (which is the same as spark-plugs), but I am not sure. I think I'm with you that the...
  20. SkimpyWan

HOW TO CLEAN OR REPLACE OIL PICK UP 1.8t

Sorry why did you need to change the 'pick up pipe' (noises, not runnning properly, smoking etc etc)?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.