Search results

1. Parcel shelf rubber bumper

Yeah, had a good look. Wondering if it was ever there in the first place
  2. Parcel shelf rubber bumper

Tracked down a rattle in the rear of the car, to a missing rubber bumper on the parcel shelf. A quick search and this tiny part appears to be extortionately priced...
  3. What size rims would work?

45 offset will fit fine. I’m running that offset on mine
  4. New software update?

Exactly what I did. I’ve had a few periods where the screen rebooted, but nothing like the frequency of some people. I just called and said I was having the issues that most people were having.
  5. New software update?

Had mine updated to 1940 this morning. Worth it alone for the improved resolution of Apple CarPlay.
  6. Apple car play icon size

Yes, had mine updated this morning. Miles better!
  7. Tesla

Build quality of Tesla’s is awful. Having had a look around one, no way I’d spend money on one
  8. Wheel sizes with tyre height for formentor.

Yup. Standard wheel and tyre size on many formentors
  9. Apple car play icon size

Ahh ok, makes sense. It’s the one thing that’s really disappointing
  10. Apple car play icon size

Yeah, looks crap. The UI in the MK8 had them sized like the rest of the icons, which was far better
  11. Tyre pressure warnings after tyre change

Sensors aren’t in the wheels. Most likely something like a leaking valve, or the tyre not seated perfectly. Was there any damage to the wheel?
  12. Lil’ scrub up after a road trip

In total agreement with you. Not something I normally take up from the dealership. There’s no way they have the time to do a proper polish and ceramic coat, to the standard of a professional or enthusiast. But it was included in the discounted weekend offers, so it seemed pointless to decline...
  13. Lil’ scrub up after a road trip

First wash after picking up. More surface scratches than I would like to see on a new vehicle, but it’s had the dealer ceramic, so it is what it is. Looks great in the sun
  14. Tell me something positive about your Formentor.

Just put 500 miles on mine, driving to Edinburgh and back. Really comfortable journey. The cabin is a lovely place to sit for 4:30 hrs 👍🏻
  15. When did you order, when is it arriving?

I had these JR SL01s on my clubsport. 8.5x19 ET45
  16. Poor MPG. VZ2 Hybrid

You must have a featherlite touch. I averaged 31 on a 230 mile run up to Edinburgh today. Granted it was 4 people and luggage. Steady 70-80mph
  17. Tell me something positive about your Formentor.

I looked at nearly new. Worked out more expensive than buying new. No dealer/manufacturer contribution, and less favourable APR rates
  18. Back in the fold

Cheers. Diamond cut just don’t last the distance!
  19. Back in the fold

Haha, nope. Picked the car up Friday. Had the wheels on my Golf, so had them fitted today
  20. Back in the fold

Cheers. So far so good. But only 50 miles in. Had a Mk8 Clubsport for a couple of years, so very familiar with screen restarts, and travel assist / SOS bongs. Kids are getting bigger, so the slightly bigger car swayed the decision
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members