Search results

1. J400uk

Chosen a Cupra 300 over a BMW M240i

I haven't posted on here in ages, since having a string of SEATs, Golfs and an Audi S5 I'm now driving a BMW M135i. Afraid to say it's definitely the best of the lot! Can't beat the smoothness of the straight 6 and RWD is great fun. Averaged 26mpg from 6k miles of driving it quite hard :D...
  2. J400uk

Replace Media System Plus (2014) with Seat CarPlay compatible head unit

Have you got any further details on the "kit" Andrew? I presume it would work in a similar sort of way to the Mk7 Golf Sat Nav retro fits (http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/volkswagen-retrofits/vw-garmin-nav-upgrade-for-composition-media) Would the lower resolution of the MIB 1 systems limit...
  3. J400uk

Another Facelift For The Mk5?

Good to see after 7 years on the market they've finally introduced a proper full size touch screen head unit and Highline/DIS/ Maxidot style trip computer! I remember when I had mine those were big omissions. The 'Maps and More' Sat Nav they added a few years back was particularly poor and not...
  4. J400uk

DPF Info - All CR-TDI Owners Should Read This

Just read this thread, very useful info. I've been running a CR 140 Golf for the past couple of months and I've been conscious of the DPF. A few weeks ago I noticed the engine fans stayed on after parking up the car, and today I noticed a burning smell combined with more exhaust smoke than...
  5. J400uk

milage advice

I'd say its a good buy as the likelihood is most of that mileage will have been sat on the motorway, which is very easy on the car. Some lower mileage cars will actually be in worse condition if they've spent their life being bounced of pot-holes around town etc. Only thing to watch out for is...
  6. J400uk

Would you use this DSG fluid?

I wouldn't use that on mine as the DSG 'box is complex and capable of throwing up some big bills if it goes wrong. Bit too much of a risk given the unknowns
  7. J400uk

2008 vs 2011 model

Yeah 100% go for a new one, I previously had a 2008 and it just felt really old fashioned to me. 2011 will be a lot fresher and more modern so worth every penny if you can afford it. Edit: thinking about it, might be worth you double checking the 2011 is definitely a TSI. I've got a feeling the...
  8. J400uk

Rcd510 in 2007

It depends when in 2007 it was built as this was when they changed over. Check the VIN and see if the 10th digit is a 7 or 8, designating whether it's a 2007 or 2008 spec Leon. Alternatively if you have access to VCDS you could run a scan and check the model number of the CAN Gateway module to...
  9. J400uk

Leon vs golf

I definitely prefer my Golf than I do the Leon Mk2 I had before. VW interior is much nicer and general build quality a higher standard. Yes it's the same mechanicals but the Golf is just a better ownership experience IMO.
  10. J400uk

TFSI fuel economy - mine seems to be low - what are you getting?

It really depends on the type of driving you're doing. I got 33mpg this afternoon mostly on the motorway including some quick overtakes and sitting in traffic. Wasn't driving at all with economy in mind.
  11. J400uk

Brakes

Few videos on YouTube showing the process - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPcyJb-b47c Mine needed doing the other day but I decided I couldn't really be bothered with the hassle. Local tyre place charged £45+Vat to fit them (bought myself online) so I decided that was the easier option.
  12. J400uk

TFSI fuel economy - mine seems to be low - what are you getting?

That sounds quite low. I've got a Mk5 Golf GTI DSG so same engine/ gearbox combo and normally see mid 20s mpg in town rising to mid 30s on longer journeys. Can just about touch 40mpg sitting on the motorway with cruise control on. I generally get 100 miles from £20 in mixed driving (but mostly...
  13. J400uk

Air Conditioning

Yeah its a joke and its ridiculous this problem is still affecting facelift Leons and Mk6 Golfs just a few years old.
  14. J400uk

Leon RNS315 Trouble

Its still worth something even if the internals have failed. You could try and buy one with a smashed screen that otherwise works then use the bits from that to repair it. On the other hand you could sell yours as the screen on its own is worth about £100. If you'd prefer a 'hands off' approach...
  15. J400uk

2006 Leon reference sport tdi

That doesn't look standard, its got the BTCC kit and some upgraded alloys. My Reference Sport just had standard 16" alloys and a normal bumper. Price £4k max.
  16. J400uk

Seat leon 2.0 TFSI sounds like a diesel

PCV can cause a rough idle. DV and Cam follower is also worth checking They are tappy engines by nature though so even running sweet they do have a slight diesel-ish sound about them.
  17. J400uk

seat leon se copa 1.6 tdi dsg 2013 gearbox problem

As above it will be under warranty, best option is to get it to a dealer ASAP
  18. J400uk

Air con pressure switch

If it's like the Mk5 Golf it's tricky but do-able. You should be able to see it under the bonnet, drivers side near the bumper. It's hard because it's difficult to reach down there and very little access space. Need a crow-foot spanner. Other way of accessing is via bumper removal which is...
  19. J400uk

National mileage register

I reckon it might have had a slight shave at some point. That drop from 58k to 40k in June 2010 looks suspicious to me. The car would have been 3 years old then and if it was originally sold on some kind of lease/ PCP then they'd have been a mileage restriction imposed, so it might have been...
  20. J400uk

Air Con Advice

On an 11-plate I'd be taking it back to SEAT and pushing for them to fix it F.O.C. Shouldn't be failing on a 3 year old car
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members