Search results

1. J400uk

Copying maps to new SD card

Hi, I need to swap out the SD card in my RNS 310 for a larger capacity one. Can anyone confirm whether you can just copy and paste the cryptnav folder over from the old SD to new, or do you need to go through the whole process of copying from the maps CD to SD again on the unit itself? Thanks :)
  2. J400uk

One touch passenger side electric window

Bit of a strange one, my passenger side electric window one touch is playing up. When you control it from the passenger door it works fine, but from the drivers side switch it won't work. It will go one touch down but won't come back up one touch. Anyone know if this is by design, or is...
  3. J400uk

Pre-facelift mk2 on a 10-plate?

So I was browsing online trying to find out what my car is worth and found not one but two pre-facelift mk2s on 2010 10-plates. Seems pretty unusual given they went off sale back in mid 2009! Advertised as Sports but actually just the Reference Sport with cruise and mfsw. Any ideas where...
  4. J400uk

Cruise control stalk difference

I've noticed that some Mk3 FRs have a different cruise control setup. The majority have the Set/ Resume buttons at the end of the indicator stalk like I'm used to from before, but a few have an extra stalk below instead. What is the difference between the two? I'm guessing its something to...
  5. J400uk

1.4 TSI vs 1.8 TSI (Manual) on the road

So I've test driven the new Leon FR 1.4 TSI and was a big fan of it. Felt noticeably faster and more responsive compared to my current Mk2. I had previously dismissed the 1.8 TSI (it wasn't available to drive at the time) but am curious to know how much quicker it would feel in the real world...
  6. J400uk

Strange VCDS errors

Did a scan today and getting a few weird errors come up under the steering wheel module, which is bizarre considering they aren't steering related. Can't work out why as I haven't got any problems with the car currently. Is it just a loose connection somewhere or an indication of something more...
  7. J400uk

Heated mirror not working

My Leon has developed another fault to add to the list, the passenger side heated mirror has packed up. VCDS scan has revealed the following: Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 1K0-959-702-MIN3.lbl Control Module Part Number: 1T0 959 702 F HW: 1K0 959 792 L...
  8. J400uk

Disconnecting Battery

N00b question but what is the correct procedure to disconnect the battery on the Leon? :p I tried yesterday but ended up setting the alarm off twice and the steering light came on afterwards. I was under the impression you just need to unplug the negative terminal. Also a bit unsure which...
  9. J400uk

Pre-facelift black paint code

Can anyone confirm that the pre-facelift only came in Black Magic Metallic LC9Z, or was it also offered in a different shade of Black? Seem to be getting conflicting information and worried I'm going to end up buying the wrong thing. Thanks
  10. J400uk

Excessive tyre wear at the front edges

So I had brand new Contis fitted all round 1300 miles ago earlier in the year. The centre of them is still 7mm so perfectly acceptable, but I was surprised to see the edges at the front are already worn to 5mm! This seems an excessive wear rate in such a short period of time. Is this a common...
  11. J400uk

Swapping for a facelift worth it?

Potentially got the opportunity to swap my 08 Ref-Sport for an 09 SE (facelift) at relatively minimal expense. Still a TSI Apart from the nicer looks are there any other major advantages? Just wondering whether it would drive/ handle any better. How are the seats in the SE? Wouldn't have...
  12. J400uk

Changing gear lever - swap from a Golf?

I really dislike the gearknob in the Leon so I'm thinking of swapping it with the one from the Golf MK5/ MK6. Can anyone confirm if this will work? 6 speed. Thanks :) Current: Replacement: Next question is of course how do I do it :p
  13. J400uk

RNS 310/ SEAT Media System 2.0 Frozen at Code Entry screen

Just finished fitting my rns 310 but its stuck at the code entry screen, no matter what I press it won't do anything. Any ideas? I've got the code for it but can't physically type it in as its frozen! Bit worried I might have damaged the wiring trying to get the 12v connection working :(
  14. J400uk

No Mat Fasteners in the floor?

Another question from me, do MK2 Leons not have fasteners in the floor for carpet mats? Mine doesn't seem to have any (2008 model year) and it means the floor mats just sit there loose. Bit confused as my Ibiza definitely had them and I remember the Golf MK5 did also. Similar to as...
  15. J400uk

Is there a way to make the dials light up constantly?

As per title, the MK1 Leon dials light up constantly but my MK2 dials don't. Is this something that be changed? Would fitting a cluster from a facelift MK2 make any difference? I'm finding that like with my old Ibiza they are too difficult to see during the day.
  16. J400uk

How does the trip computer work?

The computer in the Leon doesn't seem to behave the way I'm used to from the Ibiza and Golf. I thought if you press the reset button once to get into memory 2 then push and hold it should reset... except it isn't :confused: Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I can reset memory 1 just not memory 2...
  17. J400uk

Brochure Request

Hi, does anyone on here have a PDF copy of the pre-FL Leon MK2 brochure? Preferably from around 2008. Thanks!
  18. J400uk

New Head Unit/ SEAT Portable System

Hello, This is more an information post, just thought I'd share all Ibizas now seem to have the new head unit as shown in the Cupra. The big change here is it means the SEAT Portable System will now work with the Ibiza! Pictures below from a 2013 FR: Note the hazard light switch...
  19. J400uk

Technology pack for £500

This seems a ridiculously good deal, SEAT are currently offering the technology pack on the new Leon for only £500! That represents a nearly £1500 saving. Includes LED Headlights, DAB and Navigation. Anyone considering ordering should definitely go for this :)...
  20. J400uk

Getting cheap

What do we make of these two: http://bit.ly/TPoysT and http://bit.ly/UvPmNd Seem surprisingly good value given both 12-plates with only 1000 miles on the clock. SE worth the extra £500? The S seems quite well equipped as its got Alloys and AC.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members