Search results

1. seatstu

Recommend a wheel alignment centre

Hi All, I'm having the usual rear tyre wearing issues and need to get the car 4 wheel laser aligned. I have previously had this done on this car at AMD Essex and the same problem has happened again. I spoke to AMD and they now tell me that they can't cure it with wheel alignment. I did...
  2. seatstu

ignition switch live take off seat leon 2tfsi

Switched are where the smaller fuses go, there are two rows of switched outlets. Just wired in my towbar and they are definitly switched
  3. seatstu

ignition switch live take off seat leon 2tfsi

loads of spares in the fuse box
  4. seatstu

Supercopa pillar badge

Mine didn't come with them on either. I bought the ones in the link. They are genuine as it is Sere Motors who are selling them. Still haven't fitted mine.......must get around to doing it.
  5. seatstu

Diesel Engine Emissions Cheating

If I had nothing better to do, I could start writing pointless posts like yours.
  6. seatstu

Diesel Engine Emissions Cheating

I want factual evidence that power and economy will not be lowered by this recall before I have anything done and I don't mean just a statement from Seat saying that power and economy won't be affected as this is probably bullshit just to stop people taking legal action. If power and or economy...
  7. seatstu

Leon FR 2.0 tdi 150 (manual) Performance disappointing

I test drove a 150 leon when i was looking to buy one with my company car allowance. I must say that I was really disappointed too, it had no get up and go at all, I found myself flat to the floor on slip roads joining motorways and no real overtaking acceleration even at 70mph. My wife has the...
  8. seatstu

Towbar install

Hi sweetfr, Can you please let me know the part number of the genuine Seat towbar you have fitted. I am after one for my 5DR FR but keep being told by the dealer that it is not available but must be as you have one. I take it your car is the 5DR? Also what dealer did you buy the towbar from...
  9. seatstu

Leon st fr towbar fitting!!

Hi Simon, I got the electrics done in the end thanks to your advice. I used the bumper cover but I have made a big mistake. I cut the bumper according to the supplied template instead of to the dimensions stated in the Westfalia book. The reason I did this is that the cover is sculpted to fit...
  10. seatstu

Hi Simon, I take it you mean the black fuse holder that takes four fuses and in the instructions is meant for the Audi A3?? I am struggling to get to the plugs that go in to the BCM!! it is mounted sideways and the plugs face the inner wing, can't get in to get the plug out...
  11. seatstu

Hi Simon, I'm at the point of running the cables down the inside of the car, now raining so got to wait for it to stop..... I've mounted the control box in the wheel arch between the outer and inner skin of the car as the boot panel wouldn't fit if I put it where the instructions say. I am...
  12. seatstu

I'm doing the same on my FR using the Westfalia tow bar and dedicated electrics. I've got as far as mounting the bar and got the electrics through in to the boot, going to carry on tomorrow with the electrics weather permitting. I take it you haven't gone for the switched live on pin 10 of...
  13. seatstu

Marshall Seat Leicester - BEWARE!!

No probs mate. I did actually put a complaint in to Seat UK about the dealership and that car. I had the new sales manager on the phone during the week and I told him exactly what I thought of that car. He then told me he was going to inspect it and decide what to do with it. It looks like they...
  14. seatstu

Where to get wheel alignment done in or around suffolk

As title. I need to get 4 wheel alignment done on my Supercopa but don't know of a place to trust where I live. Can anyone recommend anywhere in suffolk or surrounding areas please. Thanks Stuart.
  15. seatstu

Supercopa

Thanks all for your replies. It looks like then some came with and some came without. I have bought some genuine badges from Sere motors so I can put them on as I like them. dealer says they are no longer available but luckily Sere were selling some on ebay so I bought 4, got a couple extra for...
  16. seatstu

Supercopa

I have been looking at buying a Supercopa and am looking at one in particular. The problem is that it doesn't have the Supercopa badges in between the doors on the pillar, instead it has one on the boot next to the FR badge. Is this right as the only other ones I have seen have the badges...
  17. seatstu

Marshall Seat Leicester - BEWARE!!

I have been looking for a Supercopa for a little while and saw that Marshall's Leicester have a Black one and had been reduced to £13,600 from 14,750, couple that with 0% finance on used cars, I was very interested. I have an '08 Cupra I want to part exchange and due to me living in Ipswich...
  18. seatstu

cupra fuel economy

I use mine for work and do a lot of motorway driving at between 70 and 90 and get early 31 - 33mpg. I have seen as high as nearly 37 if I stick to 60 - 70mph. Totally standard car.
  19. seatstu

Anyone's supacopa Leon

Looks like it was owned by a chav! those LED lights look rubbish and why put VRS stickers on it?? it's a Seat not a Skoda! and are they black edition stickers on the wings?? OMG!
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.