Search results

1. Ravey_Cupra

sub £150 filter

Air filter wise you are looking at 40-50 max for a standard size cone or panel. For a cold air intake you are looking at a little more. I presume the JBS one you are referring to is this one - http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/364/composite-cold-air-intake-system Looking at the...
  2. Ravey_Cupra

sfs 3" tip hose

Badger 5 3.00" TIP on my Mk2 Golf 1.8T and im seeing great results in the top 3 gears even with no alterations to the software. The boost has probably increased at high RPM's by approx 0.15-0.2 bar over my old Samco TIP. Will be going full custom map soon to exploit all the mods so hoping...
  3. Ravey_Cupra

ARGH! dilema!

Ouch..that doesnt sound good :( K04 setup on the Ibiza works well if tuned right - 260-280bhp is acheivable :)
  4. Ravey_Cupra

remapping help

Id go with JBS for local tuning personally. Think there new prices are pretty competitive from what I have seen.
  5. Ravey_Cupra

jbs04 seals

Failures do happen you are right, the main cause of faiulres is lack of oil pressure or a blocakege in the feed or return causing too much pressure, inlet blockages which cause a vacuum or too much boost. From the OP's other threads that he has posted he describes having a boost issue and I...
  6. Ravey_Cupra

jbs04 seals

Hmmmm..be interesting to know what is said to customers for you to believe this? Are you saying they would carry out fraudulent dealings? The turbo manufacturer would advise what is required not JBS so maybe the manufacturer is out to make money by lying...who knows!! Either way they...
  7. Ravey_Cupra

jbs04 seals

What b*llshit would they come up with..as stated they do not manufacture the turbos they supply them to their specifications. If the manufacturer advises the turbo is beyond economical repair for any reason is that b*llshit?! By the sounds of it the turbo only requires new oil seals which...
  8. Ravey_Cupra

milltek cat back ?

What model is this installed on?
  9. Ravey_Cupra

picture request::milteck cat back

Drop me an email on Mon to [email protected] and ill sort you one out if no one else has one ;)
  10. Ravey_Cupra

BOOST YO cupra freshness !!!

Plenty of lows going off..what tyre sizes you running all round?
  11. Ravey_Cupra

downpipe question

Compromise and go for a 2.75" with sectional cat/decat so you can choose what youd like to run and when ;)
  12. Ravey_Cupra

Exhaust manifold

Ebay - couple of stock manifolds on there for decent money
  13. Ravey_Cupra

Those with battery in boot!

Any pics of the installs and links to cable & terminals. I already have the battery tray so just need inspiration to get it all together and installed.
  14. Ravey_Cupra

LCR Miltek

I have no problem ;) Just because my location is at Milltek doesnt mean i dont appreciate a well built exhaust system, having worked in the VAG tuning industry since leaving school 8 years ago ive seen pretty much every brand be loved then hated in the same breath, people dont understand an...
  15. Ravey_Cupra

LCR Miltek

Same spec..did they open up a Milltek system and copy the silencer design with the same size perf tube, acoustic material and copy the cat substrate characteristics?
  16. Ravey_Cupra

LCR Miltek

You say the Milltek price is a joke, do you know the quality of the catalyst used in your custom system compared to the Milltek system as this plays an integral part in the pricing. Sizing is important as too small and you will create a restriction, too large and the turbo will loose effiency...
  17. Ravey_Cupra

2.0t downpipe and sports/de-cat..demand?

200CPSI cat for that price..id be interested to know what substrates he is planning on using. The reason the Milltek cat assemblies are so high is down to the quality of the cat substrates used in them.
  18. Ravey_Cupra

LCR Miltek

Gotta love the hate towards Milltek at times :whistle: Im sure at one point all the hate was towards Blueflame, previous to that it was another manufacturer and so on..looks to be ever evolving in one big circle ;)
  19. Ravey_Cupra

my black k03s ibiza, sold and replaced with octavia tdi on corvette rims pics inside!

Poss would look better if the boost pipe and inlet were gloss or satin black to contrast with the grey
  20. Ravey_Cupra

Split milltek dpf delete pipe

The engine movement people are seeing with the increased torque is one of the main reasons for installing the lower pendulum mount insert (dog-bone bush), this eliminates excess stress that may be put upon the exhaust system when the engine is under load. Milltek recommend replacing these on...