Search results

1. Climate control dead- help!

Yes, wot it were I had changed the fan control relay the day before and the wiring for it had melted, the climate control runs through the fan relay so when I got the wiring sorted for the fan relay the climate control came straight back on, hope this helps.
  2. Airbag light on

No not only wiv vagcom u can do it wiv a code reader aswell mate, that's how I had mine done.
  3. Exhaust pipe diameters??

Your right on the cupra r because 65mm is 2.5 inch, just googled 55mm and that is 2.165 inch which seems pretty odd for an exhaust size, wonder if anyone can confirm or correct this??
  4. Exhaust pipe diameters??

I now know the cupra r is 2.5 inch so anyone know about the cupra diesel?
  5. Exhaust pipe diameters??

Hi guys I have a cupra tdi and I'm getting a standard cupra r backbox so will need a reducer for the pipe to make it fit. Can anyone advise of the diameter of the cupra tdi pipe and the cupra r pipe so I know which reducer to buy? Thanks
  6. 2005 150 pd cupra

Check the footwells are dry like said above with the door seals and also check the rear washer works, I'd say these are 2 common probs most seen
  7. Should have gone to Specsavers?

Wot a tit! Never seen a cupra r like this before, it must av been a one off car they did just for him lol!
  8. Anyone know how to change a window?

As above, it's the passenger side front, it has a massive scratch from some idiot trying to put window through and I can get a window from breakers for cheaper than a scratch repair kit off the bay so any help would be great, Cheers.
  9. Car wont start when warm

I read on a vw forum that this can happen to the starter motors, it was mainly the mk4 golf which is same as the Leon. What was happening was same as yours where when warm they wernt starting or were struggling to start. After changing glow plugs and coolant temp sensors and thermostats it turns...
  10. Next step up / sideways from my Cupra R

Yeah they are very expensive the audi for the reg u get,very nice tho different class to my Leon. The mazda looks good,gealous of anyone with a company car wish I had one,got a company van and it's just not the same lol
  11. Next step up / sideways from my Cupra R

Get an Audi a3 170, fair enough it's a diesel but it's 170 bhp, u could get an s line version for 10 grand, u wouldnt have much change though, iv looked at a couple and there 100 times better looking on the inside than my cupra,cheap to run and tax etc.
  12. 2005 LCR Overheating Problem!

I'd say same, if your stop starting the car isn't getting any cold air which it will need if you've just done a motorway stretch so the fans kicked in instead to cool it down.
  13. Oil Light, Engine Light, Oil Light

Just done a search and it points to the turbo or piston rings, either way not cheap. Do a search for blue smoke and have a read.
  14. Oil Light, Engine Light, Oil Light

Iirc blue smoke is not good but don't let me worry u as I don't really know that much about it but I know quite a few on here do and should be able to give u a pointer as to what blue smoke points to.
  15. Oil Light, Engine Light, Oil Light

Get a second opinion definately,surely if it was headgasket they could diagnose this with a pressure test which dosnt take long and nearly every garage in the land should be able to do that unless I'm mistaken. I was once told head gasket had gone on a mk4 golf I had and quoted a grand to fix...
  16. Need to go diesel, px?

To give u an idea of how much they go for u could get a decent cupra tdi for about 4500, I don't know how much yours would be worth so il let u work out the difference, u could get a cupra tdi cheaper but ur talking 100,000 miles upwards so depends what your looking for. Worth it though,cheaper...
  17. Tdi 150 Weld open cat and remove Honeycomb

Iv heard the backbox on tdi's is one of the most restrictive things on it, not sure if this is correct but may be worth looking at that
  18. Leon 110 TDi MK1 problem ..

Read on here earlier that someone had similar prob and it was the fuel pump relay and then just needed to change the fuse after swapping the relay. They also said that after it cutout when turning ignition they couldn't here the whooshing noise of the car pumping the fuel, so perhaps see if you...
  19. A/C back light

Iv not had your problem but there isn't much to them, at the back of them there is a couple of plugs that go into it a bit like the back of a radio so I suppose if one of them is loose it could maybe cause this but just a wild guess and I would doubt it, if not there quite expensive to repair so...
  20. door unlock button not working

Av u tried the other doors just to make sure it is the key and not just the drivers door that's not opening because iv got exact same model as u and my locks been sticking on drivers door so had to put key in door as it wouldn't work wiv button but all other doors wer stil opening wen I used the...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members