Search results

1. T7ODD

Another How Much Thread

Very true. I know I did. That's why I bought mine totally standard 3 years ago in June for £8500. Modifying it was a real nightmare. Had problems with so many aftermarket parts. An ill fitting Supersprint exhaust system, suspension knocking and creaking which turned out to be the H&R cup kit...
  2. T7ODD

Another How Much Thread

But is a year newer, 12k less miles and £2500 of modifications and nice blue pearlescent paint :happy: worth another £1500? I guess that's down to the individual.
  3. T7ODD

Another How Much Thread

Thanks guys, at least I know I'm sort of on the right track. Many thanks. Cars are more expensive down south and you don't get much more south than me :doh:
  4. T7ODD

Another How Much Thread

What do you call worthwhile mods?? The book price for private sale on a Cupra R is only £500 more than a Cupra so I don't know where that idea comes from :headhurt: The map is p-torque - Will has been very helpful. The car has been checked by so many garages now so I know is in very good...
  5. T7ODD

Another How Much Thread

Yes, as suspected all along, a knackered actuator. Thanks mate. Hope to bump into you soon in the family wagon :cartman: Oh, I forgot, it also has window tints all round (smoke with silver pearl effect). I was thinking of asking £6250 to start :confused:
  6. T7ODD

Another How Much Thread

I need to sell due to expanding family but I've been waiting until I sorted the performance problems out first. Damn shame as now the car flies and I haven't had time to enjoy it :cry: Anyway, the car is April 2002 '02' reg. 48k miles 8 months MOT. 10 months tax. Full service history and all...
  7. T7ODD

Help with Laguna FMIC!!

I think mine was the 3rd to be fully centralised thanks to Wazo, although mine sat more forward than his, he was gutted it looked better :lol: Oh and what's this about trimming the crash bar? We had to cut one of the cross beams but the crash bar stayed as it was.
  8. T7ODD

Private Plate

I'm selling my Ibiza so just filling out a retention form. £105 :cry:
  9. T7ODD

Help translating logs!

I would get the coolant temp sensor change, it's very easy. Mine went before and gave me limp mode.
  10. T7ODD

Help translating logs!

Hang on... if it's boosting at 7psi then that MAF reading would be about right as you're back on standard power. Is the Revo definitely on (faulty switch?) or is it in limp mode? Hve you tried unplugging the MAF to see if you get more boost? I guess a faulty MAF could also be reducing the boost...
  11. T7ODD

Missing power

Correct. Only on one cylinder. Old petrol is still running through. Could be a coilpack on the way out I guess.
  12. T7ODD

Private Plate

I have a personal plate. My opinion is keep them simple. Mine are standard legal text with just a black border line. When you go putting extra words/pictures on the plates, it detracts from the personal reg. Save your money! I prefer to Munchen South lol
  13. T7ODD

Missing power

Drum roll please..... Group A: '115 Group B: '118 RPM Load Request Actual RPM Temp WG Load Actual /min % mbar mbar /min °C % mbar 1640 46.6 990 1040 1600 23 0 1050 1720 64.7 990 1070 1680 24 0 1040 1840 82 2230 1080 1760 24 0 1090 1920 103.8 2250 1260 1880 24 95.3 1160 2080 118...
  14. T7ODD

Missing power

Cheers. I've never seen requested boost though. My head hurts :headhurt:
  15. T7ODD

Missing power

Can't afford it to be honest and I need to sell the car due to expanding family. Dread to think how much a standard downpipe/cat is. Cheapest option would be to have the cat removed but then it's not legal. I wonder if anyone has a working OEM for sale. I'm sure I've logged previously with...
  16. T7ODD

Missing power

Thank you. Downpipe and cat are standard. Car's done 48k. I just have a cat-back system. Do you think the blockage would be obvious if the centre section is removed or will it have to be taken off from the turbo too to inspect? I've had coil packs go in the past which have been replaced. Plugs...
  17. T7ODD

Missing power

OK, where can I get hold of 'Lemmiwinks' or 'Custom Settings' please? The laptop I use has VAG-COM 311 with an official ISO-COM serial lead. What's the chance of it working with the software to retard the timing please? PS. Now full of Optimax which I'll be running from now on - see what...
  18. T7ODD

Missing power

Right. I wound it right in. Car seems to go much better. From early testing, according to my gauge. I just saw 15psi creep to 17psi before dropping to 11psi at redline (in 3rd). Does this point to a weak actuator spring then or am I overworking the turbo now (excuse my ignorance again!) I'm...
  19. T7ODD

Missing power

When you say 'wound out' do you mean wound towards the actuator rather than the end of the rod? I understand I'll be making the spring stiffer by winding it towards the actuator. Shall I wind it all the way and do another log? Surely fueling will be OK as long as it's not reaching over the...
  20. T7ODD

21psi????

If it's erratic then could it be the N75 valve?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members