Search results

1. Clutch problem - Is it master or slave cylinder?

Same symptoms as mine. 65 plate, FR 184 TDI. New Master Cylinder solved the problem. I did not realise how much the clutch pedal feel had degraded over time until the new Master cylinder was fitted. The car is now much better for spirited driving. Good Luck.
  2. Insurance companies (do you recommend yours?)

Agreed rocket3 (although not just as good as yours) Another oldie with SAGA. FR 184 technology £265
  3. Boot handle badge

As KAZAND says WD40. Small amount sprayed each side of pivot pin solves the problem. Usually lasts about 12 months.
  4. Oil in a PD170

Hi Just changed engine oil in my remapped 140PD, after research I opted for 507.00
  5. Driving me nuts! seatbelt rattle

col71 I eventually traced the squeak from the drivers side B pillar on mine to the door catch as it locks onto the U shaped striker bar. Sprayed with either silicon or...
  6. Squeaking doors

Maestro. 'darkwolfe' is quite correct with the term striker plate, but see if the more graphic description in my previous reply helps.
  7. Squeaking doors

I had this problem, tried silicon on the seals but that did not effect a cure. Finally tracked it down to the door catch where it locks onto the 'U' plate mounted on the B pillar when the door is closed. Applied oil to door catch, squeak / creak cured. hope this simple solution will work for you.
  8. Best place for Clutch replacement in Yorkshire?

Try CLECKHEATON GEARBOX AND CLUTCH I used them afew years ago to replace gearbox clutch and DMF on a 1.9TDI Golf Mk4. No problems.
  9. DMF advice needed

'rs jon' Yes all FOC. I must have got the right man (actually 2 men, one was the worshop manager and I believe one of them was the warranty engineer) to assess it on the right day. The service was excellent, but I will add that not all my experiences of this dealer have come close this quality...
  10. DMF advice needed

Sir. It seems that the validity of my post is in doubt. My sole intension was to help 'rs jon' with the truth of my experience. As this has caused controversy all I can do is apologize and probably not bother post again.
  11. DMF advice needed

Hi. I had my DMF replaced under warranty on a 2.0 TDI 140 @ 2 1/2 years old and approx 18000 miles. Clutch was also replaced as a matter of course. Suprisingly there was no argument with the dealer whatsoever, it was agreed immediately by sitting in the car whilst stationary and taking the...
  12. remap help

Try Claytons (Sanningley, Leeds). They are the area agents for Superchips. Had my 2.0TDI 140 remapped there,it's good.
  13. How old are you?

65, 48 years driving. 140 stylance, yellow, driven to full potential as and when roads and conditions are suitable. Will remap when out of warranty in 8 months. Can't do with ''drivers'' that are not able to judge speed,distance,gaps and size of vehicle. WHAT IS YOUR PET HATE !!
  14. whats best

Hi Had my 03 Golf 100BHP 1.9 TDI remapped in 2006 by 'Well Lane Turbo Centre' Batley using Superchip. BHP went up to 138, with good increase in torque (can't remember the figures) and eliminated any turbo lag. Also had a marked improvement in fuel consumption. ran the car for 4 years in...
  15. 12v Power supply (fag lighter)

Damn inconvenient being off when ignition is switched off. I likewise would like to know if there is a simple wiring solution to this problem.
  16. Guide: How to fix the common leaking rear washer pipe in the Boot/Passenger footwell

Brilliantly descriptive guide. Mine hasn't failed yet but I shall archive this thread for if and when it does. Thank you.
  17. How old are you?

How about 64. Crono Yellow Leon 2.0 TDI 140 Stylance. Would have bought an FR but found the suspension too twitchy. Will probably re-map to 170 when out of warranty. Also run a Golf Mk2 GTi 8v. What does age matter as long as you can handle and enjoy the cars, and don't drive as my age would...
  18. Who should map my leon fr 2.0 TDI CR

Superchips again. I had my previous car, a MK4 Golf 1.9 TDI 100 PD modified with Superchip. After fitting, BHP was 138, torque was greatly increased (forgotten figure), Turbo lag completely eliminated and fuel consumption increased by upto 5 MPG when driven sensibly and no worse when driven...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise