Search results

1. Proff_86

How do LCR's hold up on track days?

Thanks for the replies Im tempted to do this, as I've spent alot of money on the car in recent times and they arent worth much now so why not keep it as a toy. Was considering a Clio 172 instead but I know the history of my car and how its been treated etc
  2. Proff_86

How do LCR's hold up on track days?

As per title really. Just wondered what peoples opinions are as Im considering using my LCR as fast road weekend/ track toy.
  3. Proff_86

LCR needs a refresh-opinions please on map and rods

Bit far away from me mate unfortunately. I think the nearest place to me is P-Torque and Midland VW (revo dealer). Im interested to here people thoughts on Revo as I use Midland VW alot (Revo dealer), they have a dyno, and it seems like the easiest route.
  4. Proff_86

Thanks for the replies guys Yeah heard good things about those 2 companies, ive got midland vw up the road from me who are a revo dealer but heard mixed things about revo maps and boost spikes. The seats sound easy enough will keep an eye out on the bay now then
  5. Proff_86

Lately looked at selling my LCR but instead decided to refresh it a bit. Looking at a Stage 1 map, but worried about rods and clutch (currently at 85000 miles) should I be or is it a lottery??? (more worried about rods to be honest) I think the interior is the most dated now on the Leon so...
  6. Proff_86

LC or LCR

Agree with the above 2 posts. Most niggly issues are general wear items like brakes, clutch etc etc typical to any 10 + year old car to be fair. The LCR is a fantastic all rounder, fast, 5 doors good sized boot, big brakes, map to around 260bhp-280bhp fairly cheap to buy at 3 to 4 grand.. its...
  7. Proff_86

LC or LCR

They are out there it just takes some searching. It helps having already owned a Leon before because you already know most things to look for. I would budget 4k for a good one
  8. Proff_86

LC or LCR

Ive owned both a Cupra and a Cupra R and personally prefer the LCR to drive by a mile, far better car in every way. Its a fair point though you always run the risk of selling a reliable car and buying a dog. But thats just used cars in general.
  9. Proff_86

Wheel choice - Bola B10 or Ispiri CSR4

The b10's would get my vote, u could get a copy of photoshop and modify a pic of your car with them both on?
  10. Proff_86

LCR Floor Mats

I bought a set on the cupra r ones in the second link about a month ago, look nice and seem to be well made no complaints
  11. Proff_86

Standard cupra r alloys

Yeah sorry meant the ones you dont want, they may be someone else taste and 5 x100 alloys sell well in general
  12. Proff_86

Standard cupra r alloys

What wheels are they mate, just out of interest?
  13. Proff_86

Standard cupra r alloys

I would say £400-£500 should get u a second hand set with tyres. Try and sell the set you have on the moment after you find a new set to get some cash back towards them or pay for a refurb on the new ones.
  14. Proff_86

I'm done. Snapped cambelt. - The start of the build!

Good decision to fix it, looks in really nice condition in the photos.
  15. Proff_86

I'm done. Snapped cambelt. - The start of the build!

Cheapest way would be source a 2nd hand engine. Might even be an oppurtunity to fit upgraded rods into the new engine and go stage 2+ maybe if thats something u want in the future. If it was me in this situation i would buy a cheap banger to run around in while I saved up enough money to buy...
  16. Proff_86

what have you done to your car today ?

New cambelt and water pump new thermostat door module new mats wheels refurbed in anthracite full detail all within the last 3 weeks been an expensive month!!! Roll on pay day :blink:
  17. Proff_86

remap or no remap??

Im in the same boat and had a conversation in another thread about this. It was general concencus that a custom map would be better for these engines now given there age etc. This is mainly due to the progressive nature of the maps that can be tailored to the car and its operating condition...
  18. Proff_86

Lcr rods?

Was really looking forward to getting a stage 1 map and this puts me right off now. Are more progressive maps proven to work within the safe limits of the rods? (think revo offer a progressive map now, not sure where ive read that though).
  19. Proff_86

Cupra R Induction Kits... Opinions?

I saw a ram air one for a decent price on flebay, think it was £80 and comes with a heat shield. Was thinking about getting this soon, not sure on quality etc but heard good things about ram air filters in the past... Also have a look at the neuspeed p-flow, bit more expensive but is looks like...
  20. Proff_86

Coolant Temp

Ive just had the same issue, was the thermostat. Had it changed and all is good... I'd had the cambelt and waterpump changed two weeks ago and i think the increase in coolant flow from the new water pump had brought on he failure of the stat (it was stuck open).
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members