Search results

1. Glenn

exhaust brackets

Said it before & I'll say it again : http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60742
  2. Glenn

anybody with revo got over 200lb/ft?

Try logging MAF x 1.323 then taking the result x 5252 / RPM. Block 120 is useless once chipped/remapped.
  3. Glenn

Actual not keeping with requested boost

The turbo will still be going flat out even if the requested was only 50mbar higher than actual. The main reason I run mine at B4 is to curb the low end torque for better driveability - it makes the same peak power on B4 as it does on B9, just the peak torque (boost) is lower.
  4. Glenn

Result from Powerstation

Hmmm, mine was a smidge lower than yours when we did that swap-testing....wonder if mine's on the way out? Not bad I suppose, lasted 4 years so far on stock airbox/filter.
  5. Glenn

Jabba remap...

Long shot but knock sensors are essentially just microphones, they have to be tightened to a specific torque so that they give correct readings. If there is a noise in the engine bay at the same sort of frequency & amplitude as detonation, it's possible that it could be triggering the sensor...
  6. Glenn

Revo Stage 2 Logs

Borg-Warner spec was 0.17kg/s (170g/s) for K0-3 (not K-03s) and 0.21kg/s for K-04. Max boost & max flow aren't necessarily at the same point. I'd imagine the max flow would be at a very low pressure ratio, maybe even 1, due to turbine size restriction.
  7. Glenn

Revo Stage 2 Logs

MAF alone can be misleading Martyn, you need to correlate with req. v act. boost. Remember that standard RS4 I told you about? Gave a peak MAF number suggesting ~420bhp but when looking at boost log, you could see requested was at atmospheric but delivered had spiked slightly as the driver...
  8. Glenn

IHI downpipe/exhaust system

The sensors use 0-5 V as it's the maximum range of the Analogue-Digital convertors on board the ECU processor. There is a register which allows you to set different upper & lower limits within that 0-5V for better resolution when converting a narrow range signal. This is based on an older...
  9. Glenn

Spark plug recommendations and how-to

I went to buy some plugs from my local SEAT dealer a few months ago. Parts bloke said they'd have to order them in - made me wonder how they do 40K services without the plugs to hand? Didn't bother ordering them, went to VW dealership instead - same deal.
  10. Glenn

timing logs(020)

Maybe pointing out the obvious gents, but peak torque is the point at which detonation is most likely. It's when the most air per revolution is filling the cylinder - hence the dynamic compression ratio is at it's highest.
  11. Glenn

DV Relcation - anyone got fitting instructions/guide?

Just had a look and ETKA seems to agree with you. Run the other way, boost pressure can only push the DV open when there is a pressure differential across the top (manifold vacuum) & bottom (boost) of DV in which case it's supposed to be open and it can overcome the spring preload. If boost...
  12. Glenn

For reference, I call the top of the DV the bit with the small nipple. If you stick boost in to the side of the DV, then you can't push the DV open with boost pressure because the body of the piston can't move laterally. In that case, why would you need a stiffer spring? All it would do is...
  13. Glenn

If by "chatter" you mean what I think you do, I've had the same issue on my Ibiza running the green spring. It was reduced by a refitting the DV the right way around - boost goes in the bottom & vents to the side (not sure how mine got reversed?) and all but eliminated by replacing the green...
  14. Glenn

Which engine should I use?

I've got a Corrado VR6 in addition to my Ibiza so I've got plenty of experience with both engines. My advice based on the assumption that it won't be used as a trackday car is : If you want much more than 200bhp, get the 1.8T. Getting a VR6 to 250bhp+ will cost you £2K onwards using a...
  15. Glenn

17536: Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Mult): System too Lean

While we're clutching at straws, I had another thought last night - secondary air injection, where does the pipe out of the pump feed into the exhaust? I couldn't see on mine this morning but check it's intact - no hairline cracks, etc. Again, I'd expect to see that at idle or incorrect flow...
  16. Glenn

Wrong V5 Infomation

I bought mine new and the V5 came with 5 doors on it too, back in 2001. Sent it back to DVLA for correction and is now ok.
  17. Glenn

It could also be a leak on the exhaust side, pre-lambda probe or as I mentioned to Martyn the other day, the Lambda bung is keeping the probe out of the main flow, like the post-cat spacers - would expect to see idle trim way off as well though? Lean is too much air or not enough fuel - hose...
  18. Glenn

Sorry Martyn, I'm an idiot - I forgot about this. :lol: That's why it seemed to adapt faster sometimes than at others - depends on how long we've been in closed loop. My MAF in your car was heading the same way as with yours towards +25% and limp until we dropped out of closed loop. Your...
  19. Glenn

Pretty Please?!!

PM'd you, Martyn.
  20. Glenn

Pretty Please?!!

No probs Martyn, it's as much for my own benefit as yours, just to compare with mine : http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74633 I did have a brief look at fuel trims, I think mine was ~16%, may go out later & have a proper check. PM me with time/place details, I'm about...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.