Search results

1. EGR error codes

I got my 2.0 CR back from workshop two weeks ago after fitting a new vacuum boost control valve to the turbo. All going well...better than before until today : Approaching traffic lights at 30mph, 900rpm no load, the MIL came on (the amber flashing glowplug). Anyway VCDS shows : 001027 - EGR...
  2. EGR faults

I got my 2.0 CR back from workshop two weeks ago after fitting a new vacuum boost control valve to the turbo. All going well...better than before until today : Approaching traffic lights at 30mph, 900rpm no load, the MIL came on (the amber flashing glowplug). Anyway VCDS shows : 001027 - EGR...
  3. Service Indicator

I wonder if anyone has mastered the complexities of the Service Indicator when set for variable / Longlife oil etc ? Is a 2009 140 BHP CR TDI. I know there is a sensor for "Oil Condition" (Had various explainations on how this works...for instance Optical sensor to see how black the oil is or...
  4. oolant Fans continue running after switch off

Just wondering if anyone can throw light onto this. I did a short journey from cold start up, wasn't a warm morning, drove to local hospital at 50 MPH average....approx. 8 Miles in approx. 10 minutes. No stuck in traffic. Long hill in 2nd gear to get to top of car park. Engine Temp Gauge at...
  5. Yellow warning light in rev counter

I've got a yellow warning light in my rev counter continually on (the one like the side view of an engine)....in booklet says "Exhaust fault".....I assume this could mean the O2 (Lambda sensor)..as per booklet took it to dealer who said "don't worry just drive it around for 24 hours and da...
  6. EGR Turn down

I've been trying to search for a thread I thought I saw re Turning down the duty of the EGR Valve. On my previous Seat I disabled the EGR valve in total by restricting the vacuum pipe. On my current vehicle (09 Golf GT TDI Engine : CBAB) I understand that you can't do the above but you can...
  7. Oil viscosity used in TDI 6 Speedgearboxes

See thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380175 where I am experiencing Gear selection problems on 2nd gear when cold, I was wondering if there are difference viscosity oils that can be used in a TDI 6 Speed Gearbox. Obviously there will be different oils used for Northern...
  8. 2nd gear "crunchy"

I on my 2009 140 TDI, I've found 2nd is always a bit crunchy even going up a gear & sometimes is difficult to get into gear although not impossible .........the car has only done 13000 miles so I am only slightly concerned about it...............plus I had this on my old 2001 TDI from about...
  9. ECU Reset

I had reason to disconnect the battery because of a climate control problem see post : http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250176 I disconnected battery for about 90 Minutes and of course when I reconnected, Radio was in Safe mode, Clock needed reseting & other displays on...
  10. Reversing Lights

Hi, I've looked to see if there is a guide on this, I want to remove the plastic cover on the insisde of my Toledo's (Mk2) boot lid, I've removed everything that pops out & removed the screws that are secured to the rear of the bulb holder plastic assembly for the reversing/rear fog lights. I...
  11. moisture inside

I have a 2001 Mk2 Toldedo Now that the temperature has dropped a few degrees I’ve been reminded of a problem that I had last Autumn/Winter where the Windscreen mists up on the inside/large amount of droplets of water on it. However I notice every other car in the car park did not suffer this...
  12. moisture inside

I have a 2001 Mk2 Toldedo Now that the temperature has dropped a few degrees I’ve been reminded of a problem that I had last Autumn/Winter where the Windscreen mists up on the inside/large amount of droplets of water on it. However I notice every other car in the car park did not suffer this...
  13. Speedo accuracy

I have a 2001 Toledo so is getting a bit aged now. I have recently bought a Garmin SatNav. I note there is a big difference in the Speed on my Speedo as against that on the SatNav (e.g on Speedo 77-78mph and 69-70mph on Sat Nav. Has anyone experience of this and which is more accurate ...
  14. 105 bhp TDI

As mentioned elsewhere in this forum I'm looking to replace my 110bhp Toledo with another TDI based on the A3 platform. I wanted to go for a 134BHP 2.0 CR however I do not want a Mk II Leon so considering waiting for the new Leon come out later in the year or get a Used A3 Sportback. To...
  15. 1.6 cr tdi

As mentioned elsewhere I'm after changing my old Tolley 110BHP for a VW/Audi/Seat based on the A3 platform with a CR TDI. I've tried 2litre PD in 143BHP but found no torque below 2000RPM. Has anyone experience of the 1.6 CR at 105BHP ? Although this is 5bhp less than my Tolley the torque...
  16. Leon Sport Suspension

I've been after a Leon Sport for a little while and I went & tried one yesterday. Has the Leon Sport (ie 140 bhp 2009) really got Sports suspension ?.....the reason I ask is that I also tried an Exeo Sport (143 CR) out a few days previous and the Exeo is far more stable on the road (which...
  17. Sports Suspension

From the TDI section you'll see that I've been trying to get another TDI to replace my 11year old Toledo.........I'm frantically looking for a Used TDI Exeo now. Can anyone advise me how best to know if a "Sport" has got Sports Suspension ? I've been to look at a 145 CR Sport Tech & the...
  18. Changing to a VW TDI ?

I've had a TDI Seat for 8 years and as such I'm very pleased with it, however I must change it or at least get another AUDI/VW/Seat/Skoda TDI. I'd like another Seat as the current one has been brilliant however I want another Saloon (not a Hatchback) and at the size of my current Mk2...
  19. Indicators Intermittent

I have a problem with my Indicators, it's not the bulbs because if I use the hazard switch they all flash, when I select Left or Right on the indicator stalk the flashers/indicators do work sometimes. Its eithern putting the indicator stalk Left or right & it gives one flash & then...
  20. Emergency Starter Pack

I was contemplating buying one of these Emergency Battery Packs that the RAC market. However what I need to know is how much power does it take to start a 1.9TDI non-PD?….the one I was looking at is rated at 400Amps. Does anyone know how these work as it says it’s a Rechargeable Lead Acid...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.